Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Are you sold on Flynn?

Voters
374. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

126 33.69%
  • No

98 26.20%
  • Prefer to trade up for RG3

51 13.64%
  • Undecided

99 26.47%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you sold on Flynn?

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    Yeah, because a QB who went 6-3 in his last 9 games QB'ing a team that hadn't won a game in 7 before that, and who has also built chemistry and developed into a leader of this offense, couldn't possibly play better than a guy who has looked pretty good in a couple spots with the most talented offense in the league.
    Uhm...Moore started in Week 5. So he is partly responsible for that 0-7 start. Furthermore, the only team he beat with a winning record was ... oh wait, he didn't.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Newton got 22 million last year as the number one overall, that was guaranteed but also his total contract. Flynn would be taking an extra 8 million a year in cap space (using Kolb as a baseline), which is almost twice what RG III would be getting total. That's a pretty fricking big deal, considering that's practically the cost of several starting caliber players a year.
    cam got $22 mil over 4 years all $22 mil guaranteed...and thats on a 4 year deal...flynn would get say $21 mil guaranteed over 7 years...different animal...you have flynn locked up 3 more years if he gets kolb money and if he does become legit you got him locked up for peanuts...if he fails you front loaded the contract on the guaranteed money given how little you have in matt moore money wise in 2012 and can get out in a few years...

rg3 goes top 5 he's getting around $20 mil guaranteed over 4 years...and you have to trade multiple 1st rounders plus something to get up there for him...i'll pass on that
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDolphin57 View Post
    So Ireland will allow Philbin to choose our next QB?
    Dont know but nobody on our staff is more informed on Flynn than philbin
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Cam Newton got 22 million last year as the number one overall, that was guaranteed but also his total contract. Flynn would be taking an extra 8 million a year in cap space (using Kolb as a baseline), which is almost twice what RG III would be getting total. That's a pretty fricking big deal, considering that's practically the cost of several starting caliber players a year.
    I feel it's worth pointing out that the Kolb deal, if we are using that as the measuring stick, is structured in such a way that the Cardinals can part with Kolb after next season and not be stuck in cap hell.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Dont know but nobody on our staff is more informed on Flynn than philbin
    Very true.. and also the NFCN has much better QB's overall than the AFCE (meaning the ACFE has Brady and thats it. The NFCE has 3 QB's that could start immediately on any team in the NFL). So although I dont think Flynn has proven anything, Philbin knows more about him than any other person in the NFL not named Mike McCarthy
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Uhm...Moore started in Week 5. So he is partly responsible for that 0-7 start. Furthermore, the only team he beat with a winning record was ... oh wait, he didn't.
    The patriots didn't beat a team with a winning record either. So what's your point?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Cause he lost his first 2 games after being thrown into a starting position after having, oh, ZERO first team reps, and really never throwing a pass to anyone on the offense (unlike Henne who threw 3 years worth of passes to everyone on the receiving core minus one!), not to mention not being signed until the END of the offseason.. Some of you guys are ridiculous in your bashing of Matt Moore.. Say what you will, but he currently is far and beyond the best B on our roster, and that isnt even debatable.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all in for Matt Flynn! After watching the presser and getting a chance to truly analyze Joe Philbin, I can most certainly say I'm sold. I have no other choice but to be because I love the Miami Dolphins. I'm tired of all the negativity. Let's try being positive for a change. Because guess what folks, that type of attitude breeds confidence, which in turn breeds success. It's really that simple. Matt Flynn will be a Dolphin in 2012, and I believe he will be an elite QB. We will be a playoff team in 2012. I believe these things because we are headed in the right direction in all aspects of the orginization. Have faith, have hope.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDolphin57 View Post
    The patriots didn't beat a team with a winning record either. So what's your point?
    Seriously, thats your comeback. Really?

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Broncos were 9-8 when they met last week if you really want to split hairs. :P
    Quote Quote