Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.***

1. -11
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I also would like to point out that with a tie game late in the fourth quarter, Tom Coughlin let Eli go out there and throw it up even with the 49ers pass rush mauling him on almost every play.

That's the difference right there between a good coach who knows what it takes to win... and Tony Sparano.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I also would like to point out that with a tie game late in the fourth quarter, Tom Coughlin let Eli go out there and throw it up even with the 49ers pass rush mauling him on almost every play.

That's the difference right there between a good coach who knows what it takes to win... and Tony Sparano.
    Giants' offensive line tried to give that game away. Eli's jersey was so dirty he looked like he played for the Browns.

Anyone who wants to argue that Eli isn't an elite QB in this league needs to be slapped in the jaw with a cast iron pot.

Seriously, that kid has it all.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Patsies deserved to win. Their front office isn't infinitely stupid, as ours has been, and they have a great QB. Calling them "cheatriots" just shows jealousy, and i'm sure it gives their fans nipple hard-ons when they read it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    The Patsies deserved to win. Their front office isn't infinitely stupid, as ours has been, and they have a great QB. Calling them "cheatriots" just shows jealousy, and i'm sure it gives their fans nipple hard-ons when they read it.
    If the Patriots are cheating to win, then by all means, we should cheat as well.

I was always told to cheat to win.

Ric Flair taught me that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ravens figure to fall off a bit next season. A loss like that is psychologically difficult to set aside. You could sense from the opening week against Pittsburgh that they were determined to take one last run at it.

I felt sick for Ed Reed. Particularly after he made the great clutch deflection on Brady's final pass. It was so reminiscent of AFC Championship Game 2006 when Brady had a chance to put the Colts away on 3rd and 4 with about 2 minutes remaining. But he missed the read, the ball fell incomplete, and Peyton took Indianapolis down the field to steal the game.

Reed has been so banged up the past few seasons he doesn't play as tight to the line of scrimmage, or make as many physical plays when they are needed. He's mostly a deep center field finesse rover these days. Nationally he doesn't get any heat for it but there are murmurs among Ravens fans. I've noticed that he saves his old style physical nature for huge games like this, particularly late in the game. Last season in the AFC playoffs he had quite a battle with Hines Ward, brutal collisions both ways. Before that crucial 3rd down play tonight I told the people I was watching the game with that Reed would crash an underneath attempt, if it went his way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Watching the Patriots makes me sick. I don't care which division they are in. Their style of play with all the shot gun and Strawberry Shortcake passes is unbearable.

Once Flacco failed to wait the extra half second for the fullback to clear on the second down bootleg play after Woodhead fumbled the kickoff, you had to sense the Patriots would escape again. If he senses and makes that play for 24-16 the mathematical edge would have been enough. At 20-16 it was basically pick-em.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Ravens figure to fall off a bit next season. A loss like that is psychologically difficult to set aside. You could sense from the opening week against Pittsburgh that they were determined to take one last run at it.

I felt sick for Ed Reed. Particularly after he made the great clutch deflection on Brady's final pass. It was so reminiscent of AFC Championship Game 2006 when Brady had a chance to put the Colts away on 3rd and 4 with about 2 minutes remaining. But he missed the read, the ball fell incomplete, and Peyton took Indianapolis down the field to steal the game.

Reed has been so banged up the past few seasons he doesn't play as tight to the line of scrimmage, or make as many physical plays when they are needed. He's mostly a deep center field finesse rover these days. Nationally he doesn't get any heat for it but there are murmurs among Ravens fans. I've noticed that he saves his old style physical nature for huge games like this, particularly late in the game. Last season in the AFC playoffs he had quite a battle with Hines Ward, brutal collisions both ways. Before that crucial 3rd down play tonight I told the people I was watching the game with that Reed would crash an underneath attempt, if it went his way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Watching the Patriots makes me sick. I don't care which division they are in. Their style of play with all the shot gun and Strawberry Shortcake passes is unbearable.

Once Flacco failed to wait the extra half second for the fullback to clear on the second down bootleg play after Woodhead fumbled the kickoff, you had to sense the Patriots would escape again. If he senses and makes that play for 24-16 the mathematical edge would have been enough. At 20-16 it was basically pick-em.
    Damn...haven't seen you around in a hot minute.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post

Anybody else spot the ridiculous irony in this post?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Anybody else spot the ridiculous irony in this post?
    No.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone else see the irony that the Patriots defense, (and a kicker), got them into another Super Bowl?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    Anyone else see the irony that the Patriots defense, (and a kicker), got them into another Super Bowl?
    They sure didn't win because of elite QB play. The better defense won yesterday-New England. Flacco was the better QB and lost.
    Quote Quote