Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have we bypassed the Jests?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Have we bypassed the Jests?

Now that we have our new HC, OC, and DC (which I'm über excited about) and even before we have the draft and FA....I feel we just bypassed the Jets and will give NE serious competition in 2012. I remember back in the late 80's and throughout the 90's, we were a shoe in for the playoffs every year. My radar is picking up those vibes again. Again, I know we still have the draft and free agency to goo through, and that's going to tell the true tale, but I really really like the direction we're going in. I honestly believe we can be a #3-4 seed in 2012. What are your thoughts
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don't bypass anybody until you do it in the regular season, having said that I'm optimistic about next season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I just want to WIN !

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I share your optimism. I just had another post expressing my thoughts on the new regime so far, and like you I agree that there is a different vibe to the team right now that feels like we could be on to something real good here.

That being said we won't really know if we by-passed anyone until we meet them on the field next season.
    Last edited by Dominate; 01-27-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Anything is possibe, on paper we still have a better CS and a better team but many moves are to be made and we have to repair a LR situation. To say that w/ this staff you have passed us w/ who you just hired is laughable though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins obviously have a better locker room environment, but as far as talent and wins/losses; we need to get through FA and the draft before we can even start to think about having a better team.

But I feel a lot better about our front office, especially the head coach at this point. Rex Ryan is the most over rated, biggest blow hard the NFL has ever seen. He writes checks no team in the history of the NFL could ever cash.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last I checked, coaches dont snap, catch, or throw the ball, so I think we need to wait to see who we draft/trade/sign to fill the obvious holes on the team, before proclaiming anything. Are we right up there with the Pats for the best coaching staff? Seems like it, but that still remains to be seen. I think this topic can be revisited once we are closer to training camp.
    "I am NOT:
    1. having or showing a merry, lively mood | 2. bright or showy | 3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    The Dolphins obviously have a better locker room environment, but as far as talent and wins/losses; we need to get through FA and the draft before we can even start to think about having a better team.

But I feel a lot better about our front office, especially the head coach at this point. Rex Ryan is the most over rated, biggest blow hard the NFL has ever seen. He writes checks no team in the history of the NFL could ever cash.
    Yeah rex sucks, 2 title games in 3 years. I remember when Phin fans were telling me Sparano was better than Rex. Let's see what philbin can do before you start comparing him to Rex.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
    Last I checked, coaches dont snap, catch, or throw the ball, so I think we need to wait to see who we draft/trade/sign to fill the obvious holes on the team, before proclaiming anything. Are we right up there with the Pats for the best coaching staff? Seems like it, but that still remains to be seen. I think this topic can be revisited once we are closer to training camp.
    WHAT? You had me w/ the first sentence but right up there w/ the Pats for bext coaching staff? based on what?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depends on which pigskin oncologist they enlist and his success in surgically excising a malignant clubhouse gut tumor looking bigger than even Rex's waistline Right now, embedding the two meatballs in their offense while upgrading ourselves, can only be looked on as a step in the right direction. Ditto even keeping Moore as starter (which is unlikely) vs The Taco. But we'll know by October either way.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no we are both sitting home watching the playoffs
    Quote Quote