Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

Voters
579. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! It's freakin Peyton Manning

309 53.37%
  • I'd be Okay with it

100 17.27%
  • No, the injury worries me too much

119 20.55%
  • Hell NO!

51 8.81%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

1. -111
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    I'ed have to agree with you here, it would really be awkward to see Peyton trying to learn a new offense late in his career. It might be something Philbin explained to Ross (owner) but obviously Ross wants to make a big splash and get fans in his stadium.
    if we get manning, manning will run the offense, and philbin will coach the team like caldwell did, or any other coaches did with peyton.

no one should get involved and ruin what peyton wants to run as the offense if he comes here. he is the offense, he runs a better offense than any coach can put out their.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any of you going to bet on it? Vegas has us at 5:2 odds, most likely to get him. (Retire is also 5:2)
    Let's Go Dolphins!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cljh19 View Post
    Definately take Peyton if he is available. The injury is scary but well worth the risk. I would like to see a scenario where Peytons health isnt figured out until post-draft. Let our front office build the team w/o Peyton signed or in mind. Then closer to training camp Peyton will be cleared to play and we do what we can to sign him. There isnt a QB available that would be better than Peyton. This would be a great situation imo.

Im not completey sold on Matt Flynn nor do I believe he will the the high dollar contract everyone is predicting. I could be completely wrong but I just dont see how a guy who was a 7th rd pick and only 2 games experience, is going to demand a starters pay. If the coach believes in him I fully understand why he makes sense for the Phins. At the right price I would take the chance.

(DREAMING) Sign Matt Flynn at a good price....Then the scenario above plays out and Peyton becomes available.....Sorry Flynn we would like you to be backup for another year or two. LOL This would be an AMAZING offseason, unfortunately highly unlikely. I wont believe Flynn gets a huge contract till I see it.
    Two little correction to this stuff.

A) Peyton won't be on the market for too long. Even a rehabbing Peyton Manning who looks out of power and simply can't throw to the left, is a dream come true for any desperate teams who wants to elevate ticket sales. The most likely scenarios are Miami, Washington, Seattle, NY Jets and Jacksonville, and surelly the winner will be who accepts Peyton's terms and commintment to forge a solid OL.

B) There's a thing called salary cap that limits teams to became the All Pro squad. We could find a way to deal a 5 years, 50+ millions contract for Matt Flynn or even a risky incentive driven 4 years, 60+ millions deal for Peyton Manning, but there's no sane way to think on both and that's ignoring the rest of the team, beacuse we need to sign a bunch of drafted rookies, some undrafted free agent and find at least 2 O-liners, 2 DT, 1 OLB and 1 SS in a competitive free agency.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Forget Peyton - Go for Flynn!

The Fins just brought in the West Coast/Green Bay offense. They would have to turn around and create Peyton's system. By the time they get the offense worked out and the right weapons for Peyton and that offensive system, he is 39 years old. I think Peyton is a great player and would help the Fins, but for both now and long term Matt Flynn is the way to go. Philbin has the system in place. Marshall is courting him. There are no health issues and in his 2 starts, he has lit it up. Also, the draft has great talent at the O need positions: RT, WR, TE. After RGIII, there really isn't any significant talent at QB to hold out hopes for. Flynn is the smartest move for the Fins....which is why it probably won't happen
    IMG_0627.jpg

Bring this kid to MIAMI!
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up View Post
    The Fins just brought in the West Coast/Green Bay offense.
    Please provide a link that says we are a west coast/green bay offense???

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...lphins-offense
    New Dolphins coach Joe Philbin has spent the past five years orchestrating a high-octane west coast offense in Green Bay, so does he plan to bring that style of attack to Miami?
    "I've been in the west coast system for nine years and I'm still not sure what that means," Philbin said. "With that being said, I think it's a mistake to take the Green Bay Packers playbook and plop it on the table here in South Florida."

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index....bfff8c846faff3
    With a new coach, the players once again have to adjust to another system. After yearly change under former coach Tony Sparano, the Dolphins now turn to Joe Philbin and the highly successful West Coast offense.
    "I'm not even sure what the West Coast offense means," Philbin said Thursday. "I do know we're going to be sound, we're going to protect the A and B gaps when we send the quarterback away from the center."
    Quote Quote