Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning as the starting quarterback for 2012?

Voters
579. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! It's freakin Peyton Manning

309 53.37%
  • I'd be Okay with it

100 17.27%
  • No, the injury worries me too much

119 20.55%
  • Hell NO!

51 8.81%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want the Dolphins to sign P. Manning?

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like I have been saying we need to get manning and Wayne. Then trade down and use the first pick on the best available tackle and second pick on Fleener. The rest of the picks can be used for defense. People think defense is a huge need but look at the pats defense and packers defense. They both sucked and were still good teams especially if one of them is in the superbowl....

Just imagine ifmwe fixed the line and had Peyton as the QB, bush the rb, Fleener the TE, and Marshall and Wayne at WR. That is instant contenders.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Like I have been saying we need to get manning and Wayne. Then trade down and use the first pick on the best available tackle and second pick on Fleener. The rest of the picks can be used for defense. People think defense is a huge need but look at the pats defense and packers defense. They both sucked and were still good teams especially if one of them is in the superbowl....

Just imagine ifmwe fixed the line and had Peyton as the QB, bush the rb, Fleener the TE, and Marshall and Wayne at WR. That is instant contenders.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Team Doctor: "Hey Peyton, do you have pain or lack of feeling anywhere in your throwing arm?"
    Peyton: "Nope, feels great."
    Doctor: "Great, how about your strength? Do you feel weak in your chest or arm?"
    Peyton: "Nope, feels great."
    Doctor: "Okay, he's cleared."

He wouldn't lie or anything. Football players don't lie about pain or injuries. Doesn't happen.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wouldn't we have the option to see him throw a couple of balls around to judge if he is 100% or not before we pull the trigger.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    his relationship with danny marino will land peyton manning with the dolphins marino wants to see miami win big again just like all of us...hell yes if peyton can play sign him up boss ross!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ide be okay with it if healthy as everyone eludes to. I think even if he is 90% regenerated feeling coming from much worse 6 months ago, I would even entertain bringing him in as long as Peyton is okay with it.

I think his time in Indy is done regardless. Too much strange around Indy for Peyton to handle.

Manning gives us instant super bowl contender status. Can beat Pats, and his knowledge and winning attitude week in and week out are second to none. I also think Peyton respects Miami and has always had a tough time beating us so I think he would love to come down here and take over Marino's old team. With Philbin and Sherman, I think Peyton would love to get the ball rolling.

At first I wasnt real big with the Manning to Miami notion. But after driving around yesterday and thinking about it, it would be cool and even if Peyton has to sit out a couple of games, Moore would learn alot from the new regime and Peyton to win the game.

Also, may not need to break the bank for Peyton provided his injury lowers his demands.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72champagne View Post
    Manning is done with football whether he knows it or not. -- Dr. 72Champagne
    I do think Manning will tell the truth about his health and wont play unless he feels he can. I dont think he would lie about it and screw the team. That would leave a mark on his legacy.

If Manning gets cut before March 8, then FA could begin a little sooner for us. But I really want to know if this guy can be healthy. I heard Shannon Sharp had the same type of injury and retired.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I do think Manning will tell the truth about his health and wont play unless he feels he can. I dont think he would lie about it and screw the team. That would leave a mark on his legacy.

If Manning gets cut before March 8, then FA could begin a little sooner for us. But I really want to know if this guy can be healthy. I heard Shannon Sharp had the same type of injury and retired.
    i heard sterling sharpe say the other day on nfl network " my surgery was to preserve quality of life " and also said that from what he heard about peyton mannings surgery was it was intended to to allow manning to keep playing.
    sorry no link.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I always wanted Miami to win with players we drafted, rather than big name players acquired from trades or free agent. Particularly from rival teams. I still haven't forgiven Miami for signing Thurman Thomas in 2000. Can you imagine that Buffalo Bill celebrating in OUR SuperBowl! Ugh.

That said, Miami has been so dysfunctional and completely irrelevant over the past decade or more, I'd gladly welcome Peyton Manning at this point. If we did win a SuperBowl with him, it would always be considered a HIRED-GUN type championship which takes some glory, but hell... we don't even contend anymore. When Marino played, I always felt we had a legitimate shot of winning the SuperBowl each and every season. I haven't had that feeling in 12 years.... it would be nice.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he is healthy and what modern medicine can do now that was not available even 5 yrs ago. If he has the fire and has something to prove I dig it. Peyton running a hurry up offense,with his ability to read a defense and attack it will be great.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Being arguably the biggest Moore supporter on this team I would have to say. ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY.

If Manning is cleared to play you take him. Don't care how much he costs. If he can't play you still have Moore. You then take this offseason drafting and preparing the team for a future QB.

Manning makes Miami instant contenders.

When healthy he is a top 2 QB in this league period.I don't care of the QB of the futrue when a healthy Manning still gives you 3 or 4 years.

If Miami does get him I would like to see them trade up to get Kalil or Blackmon personally.Manning would finally have a solid defense
    Quote Quote