Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Tony Pauline Risers and Sliders

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Tony Pauline Risers and Sliders

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nfl_t11_a1

Kirk Cousins was my favorite "non-Luck or RGIII" QB coming out of the bowl season. It does not seem like he disappointed much.

Vinny Curry was a sleeper at the start of this, but he seems like he could go in the first stanza according to Pauline. I bet he goes in round two, but still he is soaring up draft boards.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I wanted to like Wilson at the start of the week, but he cannot play QB at the NFL level. He will end up playing baseball again...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm definitely warming to Kirk Cousins. It is interesting to me that Matt Flynn isn't (supposedly) at the top of the Dolphins wish list at qb. If that's the case then I'm thinking Joe Philibin doesn't view him as a franchise qb. If that is the case, Miami is in the hunt to draft their franchise qb. Problem there is obvious. Do the Dolphins have the ammunition to trade up for Robert Griffin III. If not, then Ryan Tannehill and Kirk Cousins are likely targets.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I think it boils down to philbin wanting his own pedigree in miami. He may very well think highly of flynn... he may think otherwise. Hard to tell. I have confidence in this coach. I can't explain why. I didn't have confidence in cam, and I liked the saban hire but mostly because it brough a little hype. I wasn't necessarily confident based on his stints prior to coming here.

i think philbin knows he can groom a guy. I like the tannehill target with the sherman connection. I wouldn't mind tannehill suiting up for us. I don't think we trade up for a qb now though either. I think philbin has a plan he is holding tight to his chest and we will all see it come to fruition over the course of the offseason and I suspect we will all let out a collective... "ahhh haaaa"....
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I think it boils down to philbin wanting his own pedigree in miami. He may very well think highly of flynn... he may think otherwise. Hard to tell. I have confidence in this coach. I can't explain why. I didn't have confidence in cam, and I liked the saban hire but mostly because it brough a little hype. I wasn't necessarily confident based on his stints prior to coming here.

i think philbin knows he can groom a guy. I like the tannehill target with the sherman connection. I wouldn't mind tannehill suiting up for us. I don't think we trade up for a qb now though either. I think philbin has a plan he is holding tight to his chest and we will all see it come to fruition over the course of the offseason and I suspect we will all let out a collective... "ahhh haaaa"....
    Could be. I actually really like Ryan Tannehill, especially since he could sit and develop behind Matt Moore for a year. Definitely has the tools to work with.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cousins reminds me of John Beck, other than a bit more sudden and competitive. Backup or low level starter type, IMO.

Russell Wilson looked like he always does. Of all the post-Senior Bowl summaries, I've been most surprised at the knocks on Wilson. He can slide out of the pocket and create big plays with excellent touch. He's erratic in the pocket and occasionally misses a fairly simple throw. Nothing different than freshman year at NC State. He puts points on the board simultaneous with his form ripped while doing it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thats my issue with wilson other than his actual height...because of that height he has to get out on the perimeters of the field to make plays...i just don't think he'll ever be a consistent stand in the pocket and deliver passer...and in this league you have to be able to play from the pocket or teams will figure out how to defend you...it's a concern i have about rg3 also...i'm a no thanks on wilson
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote