Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Signing Day Party at the BUC

1. -1
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Request Signing Day Party at the BUC

Fellow 'Cane fans, check out this event at the BUC on February 1st. Get out there and support Al Golden, Jim Larranaga and this U program.

Miami will host a party at the BankUnited Center in the multi-purpose room. The event kicks off at 6 p.m. and will run until 8 p.m. Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Golden and his staff will introduce fans to the 2012 signing class, including video of each member. The event is free to Hurricane Club members and admission is $1 for fans who are not members of the Hurricane Club.

Fans who attend the Signing Day party will be able to purchase tickets for the Canes menís basketball game vs. Maryland that evening at 8 p.m. for only $5.

Come out, check out the 2012 recruiting class and then stick around for the men's basketball game against Maryland. Coach Larranaga has done some great things this season with the basketball team and he just signed a three-year contract extension thru 2019. It's Wednesday night. Not much happening in The Gables on a Wednesday that you can't do on a Friday or Saturday.

Support this U.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up, JCane. I didn't think I would be able to make it but I managed to change plans and squeeze it in. Too late for the Sir Pizza, unfortunately.

Nice event. Golden did an interview with Jim Berry then met fans for 15 minutes or more, shaking hands and posing for pictures. Don Bailey Jr. introduced Golden to the crowd, and Golden gave a recruiting summary for a few minutes. I taped some of it and might post on YouTube when I get a chance.

Best part of the evening was the conclusion, with highlights on screen of every player by position, and the position coach taking the microphone to describe each kid and what he brings to the table. It enabled everyone in the room to get a feel for the personalities of each coach, people we rarely see or hear from unless you're tight to the program.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Short video of the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fxiLqFEFEQ
    Quote Quote