Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Now Collecting Food Stamps...

1. -1
    DRAGONBORN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm Now Collecting Food Stamps...

I have my own company (S-Corp) and pay myself a nominal salary of $24,000. I keep all my cash in corporate accounts and thus, on paper, I am poor as ****. No one bothered to check with the Secretary of State that I am behind the comparing issuing my W-2.

If you are an independent contractor for another company it's easy. If you are salaried and have a W-2, it will not work.

1. Form an LLC at http://www.dos.state.fl.us/ (or your state of residence).
    2. Hold elections. Vote yourself CEO.
    3. Form an S-Corp.
    4. File personal and corporate tax returns.
    5. Pay yourself a nominal salary.
    6. Have a corporate address.
    7. Bring W-2 and bank statement.
    8. Have interview and talk about how you never thought this would happen to you.
    9. Buy groceries for free.
    10. Purchase all dining expenses with a corporate card and write off the expenses (50%) as a business expense.
    11. Start sucking those wonderful American breats.

I now buy my groceries for free. Isn't America grand? Thanks Obama!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you left out an S in number 11.....but yeah, I get your point.

This is going to be a very tough thing for this Country to overcome, and it didn't start with Bammy by the way. Started long long before he was appointed
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    durka durka

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chick at convenience store with little kid at her side, cash in one hand and food stamps in the other, asks cashier if this, that, and the other thing can be purchased with food stamps. For some of it the answer was 'no', and the suggestion made was "You could use your cash for [whatever#1], and the food stamps for (whatever#2]."

"Oh, the cash is for a carton of cigarettes."

God Bless America.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congratulations on defrauding the government. Being part of the problem must be a real thrill.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myles Fynch View Post
    Chick at convenience store with little kid at her side, cash in one hand and food stamps in the other, asks cashier if this, that, and the other thing can be purchased with food stamps. For some of it the answer was 'no', and the suggestion made was "You could use your cash for [whatever#1], and the food stamps for (whatever#2]."

God Bless America.

I saw a very similar thing at the convenient store. A woman was buying an 18 pack of Miller Lite and 2 packs of smokes. And then put chocolate bars and three 2 liters of soda on her EBT card. Pure nonsense. Too many people on food stamps. It needs to change fast.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Myles Fynch View Post

God Bless America.
    A lady in line ahead of me yesterday did nearly the same thing, only with beer. Of course, she had to stop to answer her iPhone while the cashier was ringing it all up. The store I go to is in Bed-Stuy. This is something I see every single time I go shopping.

I also love it when I'm walking by the projects and see a big *** flat screen through an open window. Good times.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I saw a very similar thing at the convenient store. A woman was buying an 18 pack of Miller Lite and 2 packs of smokes. And then put chocolate bars and three 2 liters of soda on her EBT card. Pure nonsense. Too many people on food stamps. It needs to change fast.
    Generations teach generations to expect such handouts. My (step!) cousins learned it from their parents, who learned it from their parents, etc.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Generations teach generations to expect such handouts. My (step!) cousins learned it from their parents, who learned it from their parents, etc.
    This is 100% correct. My wife works on the SSI side of Social Security and see this instutionalization on an almost daily basis. She talks to people applying for or already have SSI all day long. My wife sees on a regular basis able-bodied young people come in to apply for SSI because "momma is on it and I want to be on it too" or "hey I just had another kid, I need another check". Most often they have some lame reason like obesity, chronic fatigue, or something that makes their application seem legit. This nation is becoming a welfare nation faster than many people understand.

Oh the stories I could tell you guys (or gals) of the stuff my wife has to deal with a daily basis. And I'm not always talking about the SSI recipients. She has to clean up crap made by those SSI lawyers you see the ads for on TV all the time. Some of her coworkers are lazy bums that send people home because they don't have every last piece of info that is needed (leaving someone else to do their work when that person comes back in) or they take an hour to do an interview that should only take 30 minutes.

The SSI program is wasteful all the way around, from the inefficency of how the office works down to the questionable clients that recieve SSI.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    This is 100% correct. My wife works on the SSI side of Social Security and see this instutionalization on an almost daily basis. She talks to people applying for or already have SSI all day long. My wife sees on a regular basis able-bodied young people come in to apply for SSI because "momma is on it and I want to be on it too" or "hey I just had another kid, I need another check". Most often they have some lame reason like obesity, chronic fatigue, or something that makes their application seem legit. This nation is becoming a welfare nation faster than many people understand.

Oh the stories I could tell you guys (or gals) of the stuff my wife has to deal with a daily basis. And I'm not always talking about the SSI recipients. She has to clean up crap made by those SSI lawyers you see the ads for on TV all the time. Some of her coworkers are lazy bums that send people home because they don't have every last piece of info that is needed (leaving someone else to do their work when that person comes back in) or they take an hour to do an interview that should only take 30 minutes.

The SSI program is wasteful all the way around, from the inefficency of how the office works down to the questionable clients that recieve SSI.
    I've never seen so many people walking around with canes in my life, regardless of age. It's amazing. Maybe the tap water causes chronic knee problems (that mysteriously go away when you answer your phone or are in a hurry)?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I have my own company (S-Corp) and pay myself a nominal salary of $24,000. I keep all my cash in corporate accounts and thus, on paper, I am poor as ****. No one bothered to check with the Secretary of State that I am behind the comparing issuing my W-2.

If you are an independent contractor for another company it's easy. If you are salaried and have a W-2, it will not work.1. Form an LLC at http://www.dos.state.fl.us/ (or your state of residence).
    2. Hold elections. Vote yourself CEO.
    3. Form an S-Corp.
    4. File personal and corporate tax returns.
    5. Pay yourself a nominal salary.
    6. Have a corporate address.
    7. Bring W-2 and bank statement.
    8. Have interview and talk about how you never thought this would happen to you.
    9. Buy groceries for free.
    10. Purchase all dining expenses with a corporate card and write off the expenses (50%) as a business expense.
    11. Start sucking those wonderful American breats. I now buy my groceries for free. Isn't America grand? Thanks Obama!
    Blaming Obama? Nice! I remember when he engineered the legislation to create LLC's, S Corporations, and food stamps. He is such an irresponsible ***.
    Quote Quote