I have my own company (S-Corp) and pay myself a nominal salary of $24,000. I keep all my cash in corporate accounts and thus, on paper, I am poor as ****. No one bothered to check with the Secretary of State that I am behind the comparing issuing my W-2.
If you are an independent contractor for another company it's easy. If you are salaried and have a W-2, it will not work.
1. Form an LLC at http://www.dos.state.fl.us/ (or your state of residence).
2. Hold elections. Vote yourself CEO.
3. Form an S-Corp.
4. File personal and corporate tax returns.
5. Pay yourself a nominal salary.
6. Have a corporate address.
7. Bring W-2 and bank statement.
8. Have interview and talk about how you never thought this would happen to you.
9. Buy groceries for free.
10. Purchase all dining expenses with a corporate card and write off the expenses (50%) as a business expense.
11. Start sucking those wonderful American breats.
I now buy my groceries for free. Isn't America grand? Thanks Obama!