Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NEW 2/2/12 Walter Football Mock

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    C'mon please stop wasting 1st rd picks on mofo lineman.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would not be upset if we took a lineman like DeCastro, but we need more play makers. We can find some RG's and RT's in the middle rounds or in FA.
    I think Ireland trades up to get Blackmon. That would be a huge, fan pleasing trade up. The guy is a game changing beast.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    You take the corn fed linemen in rounds 2-7. The first round should all about play makers.
    A lot of scouts, coaches and GMs are on the record saying you don't take chances with your round 1 pick. You play safe with the guy who will almost certainly make it as an NFL player. QB is probably the only exception, where war-rooms reach a bit on draft day to get talent at the QB spot. But most are agreed the criteria for first round picks isn't "is he a playmaker?", it's "is this guy definitely going to start for me?"
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    A lot of scouts, coaches and GMs are on the record saying you don't take chances with your round 1 pick. You play safe with the guy who will almost certainly make it as an NFL player. QB is probably the only exception, where war-rooms reach a bit on draft day to get talent at the QB spot. But most are agreed the criteria for first round picks isn't "is he a playmaker?", it's "is this guy definitely going to start for me?"
    With the #8/9 pick, you can have the top player on the board in a number of positions. Drafting a RT/RG with the #8/9 pick to high for that position. The way the draft is shaping, 3 of the teams in front of us are taking a QB.
    There should be plenty of options for a great player to upgrade one of our mediocre players. The last time I checked, we have very few pro bowl players. Apart from Marshall, Long, Pouncey, and Bush, everyone else can be upgraded in the draft. Taking another lineman that high, this year, is a wasted opportunity.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if the board plays out like that, I'd think Upshaw would be the pick. Lots of Reasons

1. Colombo is so terrible that a 4th or 5th rookie would be an improvement
    2. The AFC east has a distinct lack of pass rush talent
    3. Cam Wake is 31 at the end of next season and is a FA
    4. Taking the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft means less chance that the Bills the Jets acquire the elite pass rusher they lack
    5. Dolphins have practiced pick denial in the past (Odrick anyone?)
    6. Who wouldn't want to see a 4 man front of Upshaw, Odrick, Starks, and Wake?

I believe that next year the fins need to go Offense with their 1st rounder, but the value for a skill position isn't there at 8 or 9 outside of Richardson or a lineman. Instead they might make the move to put the D over the top and taking Upshaw/Ingram/Mercilus would certainly fit the bill.
    Quote Quote