Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NEW 2/2/12 Walter Football Mock

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we manage to land a QB in free agency, an offensive lineman i.e. RT, is the most sensible pick for us in my opinion.

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    You guys are hilarious.

The entire board sat here and whined about three things all season:

1. Tony Sparano - GONE
    2. QB Play - Article uses the hypothetical scenario that we land Flynn
    3. Colombo - Article has us resolving that issue

And you're still upset?
    Not the entire board, there were plenty that were more than happy with the mediocrity and continue to be willing to support every single move this team makes. Some would be happy no matter who we drafted there. Ireland could redraft Colombo just to ensure he gets 1st round money and some of you would defend it.

The Colombo issue can be solved by drafting a cardboard box in the 7th. It's flat out idiotic to use a top ten pick on an OT that's only there because the position is insanely overrated. Top ten are for playmakers and ELITE linemen, which Martin most certainly is not. There's an argument for DeCastro, but that's it. Draft a playmaker or an elite defender (Coples or Upshaw) and fix the line later in the draft and through FA.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanosaur2000 View Post
    If we manage to land a QB in free agency, an offensive lineman i.e. RT, is the most sensible pick for us in my opinion.
    Sensible (i.e. safe) picks get you to 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10. There are plenty of playmakers available at our spot, save the cornfed for later rounds.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    BTW. They have us taking Weeden rd 2, a G in 3, and safety in 4. Interesting but ultimately disappointing.
    I would be all over Weeden in rd 2, but I seriously doubt that he wil be availabe there. Imo trade our 4th to slide up a few slots to get him:

1. DeCastro
    2. Weeden
    3. Joe Adams, or if somehow Colby Fleener slides down to here. If Adams run a 4.20-4.25 he'll be gone, too.

I really want that field stetching TE, maybe Ladarius Green, but I still have hopes for Charles Clay. Adams has stud talent, more Desean Jackson than Ted Ginn. The guy has major quicks, not just straight line speed. He is not a Clyde Gates clone, and I have high hopes for Gates in the next season or 2 as he get some experience under his belt. Dude can fly- we should have kept Anthony Armstrong also.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would rather Draft Decastro. He will be a Pro Bowler and fills a need. Let Jerry, Murtha, and a mid-rounder battle it out for the RT job. All these tackles are LTs that would require a position switch. Decastro is a RG and looks like the next great lineman!!! I know it's not a sexy pick, but you win in the trenches. You spend FA money on playmakers and Draft the Grunts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    I would rather Draft Decastro. He will be a Pro Bowler and fills a need. Let Jerry, Murtha, and a mid-rounder battle it out for the RT job. All these tackles are LTs that would require a position switch. Decastro is a RG and looks like the next great lineman!!! I know it's not a sexy pick, but you win in the trenches. You spend FA money on playmakers and Draft the Grunts.
    I would LOVE to draft playmakers, but we're obvioulsy at the mercy of the draft board. I'd be really interested in Dwayne Bowe in FA- dude does not have hands of stone as some say and is a physical presence. We wanted Lockr or Pnder last year, got snkaed out of both, the move this year is to trade down in the 1st round and get ideally:

1. Daivd DeCastro
    2. Brandon Weeden
    3. Coby Fleener
    3. Joe Adams

Hey, I can dream.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    Unless we trade down who would people rather see us take? Blackmon and Claiborne will be long gone at number 8.

Providing we get a QB (Flynn/Manning) then I'm fine with us going o-line in the first round. We need a RT, and Reiff who should be available is the better pick over Martin IMO. I like DeCastro but RT is a huge hole we need to fill. We could also go with a pass rusher with this pick, I'd be cool with that too. It all depends who we can sign in FA.
    Assuming we get a QB in FA, I'd rather get a pass rusher with the 1st pick. Elite pass rushers are harder to find beyond the top 15 than tackles. Other teams find a way to fill the tackle position with later picks. It's about time we do a better job of scouting and do the same.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ft lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if we do sign matt flyn i would like to see us select michael flyod WR NOtre dame as he knows how to operate in a westcoast style system&could be an immediate impact
    Round 1 - Brian Cushing OLB
    Round 2 - Ron Brace DT
    Round 2 - Sean Smith DB
    Round 3 - Jasper Brinkly ILB
    Round 4 - Augustus Parrish OT
    Round 5 - Marko Mitchell WR
    round 7 - Marlon Lucky RB
    round 7 - Greg Carr WR
    round 7 - Ryan Purvis TE
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So the following happens in the Draft:

1. Colts - QB Andrew Luck
    2. Rams - CB Morris Claiborne
    3. Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
    4. Browns - QB Robert Griffin
    5. Bucs - WR Justin Blackmon
    6. Redskins - QB Ryan Tannehill
    7. Jaguars - DE Quinton Coples

Then what? Miami picks #8 or #9. Who do you pick? Honestly.

It's too easy to just say "trade down" as if that opportunity is automatically going to exist. But who will do the trading up, and for what player?

Who would be left that would inspire a trade up? Dre Kirkpatrick, who was just arrested for marijuana possession? Trent Richardson, a tailback, where so many teams have come to believe that drafting tailbacks high in the 1st round is stupid? David DeCastro, an interior offensive lineman? Between Jonathan Martin, Riley Reiff and Mike Adams, there would be enough left at that position that a team in need wouldn't necessarily feel urgency about trading up to Miami's spot with all three of those guys left on the board. The same thing applies at the Defensive Tackle spots, where you'd still have Michael Brockers, Devon Still, Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Thompson and Alamaeda Ta'amu all still available. With all of those guys available, why feel urgency to trade up to #8 or #9 for one of them?

So, which player is going to induce teams to trade up and give up extra draft picks?

The reality is, if the Draft happens the way I laid out above, and Miami doesn't trade up, then yeah...David DeCastro might be their best bet.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we get a QB...I would prefer to trade down and snag an extra 2nd or 3rd unless some crazy **** happens and a top 5 player falls to us. But at the same time a crazy prospect would have to fall for us to be able to trade down.
    Quote Quote