Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: NEW 2/2/12 Walter Football Mock

  1. -31
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    7,970
    vCash:
    21336
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So the following happens in the Draft:

    1. Colts - QB Andrew Luck
    2. Rams - CB Morris Claiborne
    3. Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
    4. Browns - QB Robert Griffin
    5. Bucs - WR Justin Blackmon
    6. Redskins - QB Ryan Tannehill
    7. Jaguars - DE Quinton Coples

    Then what? Miami picks #8 or #9. Who do you pick? Honestly.

    It's too easy to just say "trade down" as if that opportunity is automatically going to exist. But who will do the trading up, and for what player?

    Who would be left that would inspire a trade up? Dre Kirkpatrick, who was just arrested for marijuana possession? Trent Richardson, a tailback, where so many teams have come to believe that drafting tailbacks high in the 1st round is stupid? David DeCastro, an interior offensive lineman? Between Jonathan Martin, Riley Reiff and Mike Adams, there would be enough left at that position that a team in need wouldn't necessarily feel urgency about trading up to Miami's spot with all three of those guys left on the board. The same thing applies at the Defensive Tackle spots, where you'd still have Michael Brockers, Devon Still, Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Thompson and Alamaeda Ta'amu all still available. With all of those guys available, why feel urgency to trade up to #8 or #9 for one of them?

    So, which player is going to induce teams to trade up and give up extra draft picks?

    The reality is, if the Draft happens the way I laid out above, and Miami doesn't trade up, then yeah...David DeCastro might be their best bet.


    Nice write up.
    I hope you are wrong and there is a run on QB's and OL. I would love to see Blackmon or Clarborne slip to 8/9.
    I am not sold on Couples. I think he drops to into the teens.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    7,962
    vCash:
    7717
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So the following happens in the Draft:

    1. Colts - QB Andrew Luck
    2. Rams - CB Morris Claiborne
    3. Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
    4. Browns - QB Robert Griffin
    5. Bucs - WR Justin Blackmon
    6. Redskins - QB Ryan Tannehill
    7. Jaguars - DE Quinton Coples

    Then what? Miami picks #8 or #9. Who do you pick? Honestly.

    It's too easy to just say "trade down" as if that opportunity is automatically going to exist. But who will do the trading up, and for what player?

    Who would be left that would inspire a trade up? Dre Kirkpatrick, who was just arrested for marijuana possession? Trent Richardson, a tailback, where so many teams have come to believe that drafting tailbacks high in the 1st round is stupid? David DeCastro, an interior offensive lineman? Between Jonathan Martin, Riley Reiff and Mike Adams, there would be enough left at that position that a team in need wouldn't necessarily feel urgency about trading up to Miami's spot with all three of those guys left on the board. The same thing applies at the Defensive Tackle spots, where you'd still have Michael Brockers, Devon Still, Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Thompson and Alamaeda Ta'amu all still available. With all of those guys available, why feel urgency to trade up to #8 or #9 for one of them?

    So, which player is going to induce teams to trade up and give up extra draft picks?

    The reality is, if the Draft happens the way I laid out above, and Miami doesn't trade up, then yeah...David DeCastro might be their best bet.
    Richardson or Upshaw.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,898
    vCash:
    14714
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So the following happens in the Draft:

    1. Colts - QB Andrew Luck
    2. Rams - CB Morris Claiborne
    3. Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
    4. Browns - QB Robert Griffin
    5. Bucs - WR Justin Blackmon
    6. Redskins - QB Ryan Tannehill
    7. Jaguars - DE Quinton Coples

    Then what? Miami picks #8 or #9. Who do you pick? Honestly.
    I would take Richardson, honestly.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Jeff Ireland would never do that. He won't completely neutralize his 2011 2nd round pick, the guy he traded up to get, the guy he passed on Ryan Mallett for, by grabbing Trent Richardson in the 1st round of this year's Draft. He won't do that on the following bases:

    1. Trent Richardson is the same type of tailback as Daniel Thomas
    2. Taking Richardson would signal failure on his idea to trade up and take Thomas
    3. Bill Parcells has instilled in him many of the same beliefs about the RB position and drafting them high
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    7,970
    vCash:
    21336
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Jeff Ireland would never do that. He won't completely neutralize his 2011 2nd round pick, the guy he traded up to get, the guy he passed on Ryan Mallett for, by grabbing Trent Richardson in the 1st round of this year's Draft. He won't do that on the following bases:

    1. Trent Richardson is the same type of tailback as Daniel Thomas
    2. Taking Richardson would signal failure on his idea to trade up and take Thomas
    3. Bill Parcells has instilled in him many of the same beliefs about the RB position and drafting them high
    Richardson is a much better back than DT. By not recognizing your mistake, you are making a 2nd one.
    I would rather take Richardson, let him alternate with Bush, and let DT have Hilliards snaps. Hilliard can walk.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Ricky4Life's Avatar
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    3,697
    vCash:
    1013
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Upshaw
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    thejetssuck's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    1,396
    vCash:
    1126
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Richardson is a much better back than DT. By not recognizing your mistake, you are making a 2nd one.
    I would rather take Richardson, let him alternate with Bush, and let DT have Hilliards snaps. Hilliard can walk.
    Try telling that to Jeff Ireland's ego.
    Sho誰uff: Am I the meanest?
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: Am I the prettiest?
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: Am I the baddest mo-fo, low-down, around this town?
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: Well, who am I?
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: Who am I?
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: I can稚 hear you!
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: The Shogun of Harlem!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Richardson is a much better back than DT. By not recognizing your mistake, you are making a 2nd one.
    I would rather take Richardson, let him alternate with Bush, and let DT have Hilliards snaps. Hilliard can walk.
    Don't tell me. Tell Jeff Ireland. I'm just telling you, he won't do it.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,062
    vCash:
    24617
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah...irelands not gonna piggy back off of daniel thomas last year with richardson in the top 10 this year...not happening...but if richardson was there when we came on the clock that could make us a nice trade out candidate...

    provided the kid runs in the low 4.5's at least
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    SR 7's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    8,755
    vCash:
    1166
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Don't tell me. Tell Jeff Ireland. I'm just telling you, he won't do it.
    to rebuke 1 of those 3 theories, which 2 are correct, is that BP wouldn't trade up for a RB like Ireland did in my opinion AND Ireland wouldn't' take P. White like BP did.

    Sometimes, some crazy things happen that no one has any answers too, like adding a bruiser when you talked about speed lmao (DT).
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Walter football partial mock
    By utahphinsfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 02:43 AM
  2. Walter Football Mock 4/21
    By BostonPhin4 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Walter Football's New Mock 3/9/10
    By FinaticalOne in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
  4. Walter Football mock 10/22/09
    By jim1 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
  5. Walter Football Mock
    By emeraldfin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •