Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i don't think they could mess up this draft if they wanted to...

Hybrid View

1. -1
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

i don't think they could mess up this draft if they wanted to...

there is much good talent in the first round this year, the most i have seen in a while, no matter what they do with that first pick offense, you could get the rt which there are at least 3 that could go in the first and could start right away, or you have de castro, richardson, even thought i would not pick him, on the defensive side you have coples, upshaw, ingram, and maybe even kirkpatrick, yes i said kirkpatrick how awesome would it be if one of those corners fall to us and get him and put him on the other side, we would have the best tandem for years to come. thoughts
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    DeCastro is the only lineman I could be somewhat okay with.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Upshaw please.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would love the decastro pick. Upshaw, coples, or Ingram would be solid as well. But if you really wanna throw a wrench in the draft, trade up and take griffin if we don't land manning or Flynn in free agency. Ross is starving for a qb and if he doesnt land his qb in free agency you better believe he'll force the hand and make Ireland give it up to get to #2 and take rgIII
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifin23 View Post
    Would love the decastro pick. Upshaw, coples, or Ingram would be solid as well. But if you really wanna throw a wrench in the draft, trade up and take griffin if we don't land manning or Flynn in free agency. Ross is starving for a qb and if he doesnt land his qb in free agency you better believe he'll force the hand and make Ireland give it up to get to #2 and take rgIII
    This has already been re-hashed over and over and over....but, do you really understand how much we would have to give up to move from 9th to the 2nd?

For what we would have to part with, RGIII better be able to single-handedly account for 6-7 wins a season all by himself. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is that good.

We should be looking at some very solid talent with the 9th.
    Dream scenario for me might be to trade back about 5-8 spots, pick up another 2nd rounder and still pick up a solid player and 2 more in the 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    This has already been re-hashed over and over and over....but, do you really understand how much we would have to give up to move from 9th to the 2nd?

For what we would have to part with, RGIII better be able to single-handedly account for 6-7 wins a season all by himself. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is that good.

We should be looking at some very solid talent with the 9th.
    Dream scenario for me might be to trade back about 5-8 spots, pick up another 2nd rounder and still pick up a solid player and 2 more in the 2nd.
    thats a little bit of an overstatement IMO confessor. Its about a guy with high intelligence and character and talent that puts you over the top so you win consistently and defenses have a hard time holding your down for four quarters because you have many weapons where they cant defensd them all.

Its kind of like Syracuse basketball right now. They are loaded with deep talent, but without Fab Melo, they have a better chance of losing. kinda like Notre Dame did to them when Melo suddenly was not playing that night.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    thats a little bit of an overstatement IMO confessor. Its about a guy with high intelligence and character and talent that puts you over the top so you win consistently and defenses have a hard time holding your down for four quarters because you have many weapons where they cant defensd them all.

Its kind of like Syracuse basketball right now. They are loaded with deep talent, but without Fab Melo, they have a better chance of losing. kinda like Notre Dame did to them when Melo suddenly was not playing that night.
    Yeah, sorry. I don't know squat about Syracuse Basketball, and your analogy doesn't really mean anything. Basketball, a game primarily by 5-8 players is NOTHING like the NFL where a bare minimum of 25 players need to click.

If you trade away the entire draft for one player, you are not bringing in anybody else to contribute. We were 6-7 wins away from the playoffs, therefore, RGIII better be able to win 6-7 games in order for us to better what we had this year.

RGIII is NOT that much of a step up from Matt Moore. Actually, till he plays a single down against big-boy defenses, he's nowhere near Matt Moore.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I don't know squat about Syracuse Basketball, and your analogy doesn't really mean anything. Basketball, a game primarily by 5-8 players is NOTHING like the NFL where a bare minimum of 25 players need to click.

If you trade away the entire draft for one player, you are not bringing in anybody else to contribute. We were 6-7 wins away from the playoffs, therefore, RGIII better be able to win 6-7 games in order for us to better what we had this year.

RGIII is NOT that much of a step up from Matt Moore. Actually, till he plays a single down against big-boy defenses, he's nowhere near Matt Moore.

the analogy is just fine. I dont expect you to understand SU basketball. I thought you would pick out the point I was making using a team I am very familiar with. And Basketball, albeit less of a team game than football is still a team game.

As for RG3 not being nearly anywhere near Matt Moore right now, well, in one sense your right, in another, your completely way off base.

But for the sake of a great debate on a crappy saturday afternoon where snow has finally started to fall here in the northeast, I will take us up a notch.

RG3 has more speed than any Qb that has every played the position while scoring mega points and who is well known to be accurate with the ball, extremely smart, has high character, and still stays in the pocket and looks downfield before taking off like a traditional QB.

I am sorry, I am no expert and I have not studied RG3 all that much, but I watched the bowl game and some highlights, and most all experts say he is for real, so I guess I will take their word for it.

If you dont like RG3 confessor, no sweat. But I will disagree with you to the end on this. so.......have at it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like the decastro pick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    It is what it is