Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i don't think they could mess up this draft if they wanted to...

1. -11
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the 1st 3 picks were Upshaw, Fleener, & Zeitler then I'd be thrilled.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    That would be ridiculously good first 3 picks, but doubt we would be that lucky to be able to get those 3 players. Upshaw maybe in the 1st, but I don't know if Fleener is there in the 2nd when we pick, nor Zeitler in the 3rd.

I would also be more then thrilled if we got those three, if we got Flynn in FA, but of we end up with Manning, we will need to get another QB in the draft, and to get a quality QB, it would be in the 1st 2 rounds.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    This has already been re-hashed over and over and over....but, do you really understand how much we would have to give up to move from 9th to the 2nd?

For what we would have to part with, RGIII better be able to single-handedly account for 6-7 wins a season all by himself. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is that good.

We should be looking at some very solid talent with the 9th.
    Dream scenario for me might be to trade back about 5-8 spots, pick up another 2nd rounder and still pick up a solid player and 2 more in the 2nd.
    thats a little bit of an overstatement IMO confessor. Its about a guy with high intelligence and character and talent that puts you over the top so you win consistently and defenses have a hard time holding your down for four quarters because you have many weapons where they cant defensd them all.

Its kind of like Syracuse basketball right now. They are loaded with deep talent, but without Fab Melo, they have a better chance of losing. kinda like Notre Dame did to them when Melo suddenly was not playing that night.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    thats a little bit of an overstatement IMO confessor. Its about a guy with high intelligence and character and talent that puts you over the top so you win consistently and defenses have a hard time holding your down for four quarters because you have many weapons where they cant defensd them all.

Its kind of like Syracuse basketball right now. They are loaded with deep talent, but without Fab Melo, they have a better chance of losing. kinda like Notre Dame did to them when Melo suddenly was not playing that night.
    Yeah, sorry. I don't know squat about Syracuse Basketball, and your analogy doesn't really mean anything. Basketball, a game primarily by 5-8 players is NOTHING like the NFL where a bare minimum of 25 players need to click.

If you trade away the entire draft for one player, you are not bringing in anybody else to contribute. We were 6-7 wins away from the playoffs, therefore, RGIII better be able to win 6-7 games in order for us to better what we had this year.

RGIII is NOT that much of a step up from Matt Moore. Actually, till he plays a single down against big-boy defenses, he's nowhere near Matt Moore.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I don't know squat about Syracuse Basketball, and your analogy doesn't really mean anything. Basketball, a game primarily by 5-8 players is NOTHING like the NFL where a bare minimum of 25 players need to click.

If you trade away the entire draft for one player, you are not bringing in anybody else to contribute. We were 6-7 wins away from the playoffs, therefore, RGIII better be able to win 6-7 games in order for us to better what we had this year.

RGIII is NOT that much of a step up from Matt Moore. Actually, till he plays a single down against big-boy defenses, he's nowhere near Matt Moore.

the analogy is just fine. I dont expect you to understand SU basketball. I thought you would pick out the point I was making using a team I am very familiar with. And Basketball, albeit less of a team game than football is still a team game.

As for RG3 not being nearly anywhere near Matt Moore right now, well, in one sense your right, in another, your completely way off base.

But for the sake of a great debate on a crappy saturday afternoon where snow has finally started to fall here in the northeast, I will take us up a notch.

RG3 has more speed than any Qb that has every played the position while scoring mega points and who is well known to be accurate with the ball, extremely smart, has high character, and still stays in the pocket and looks downfield before taking off like a traditional QB.

I am sorry, I am no expert and I have not studied RG3 all that much, but I watched the bowl game and some highlights, and most all experts say he is for real, so I guess I will take their word for it.

If you dont like RG3 confessor, no sweat. But I will disagree with you to the end on this. so.......have at it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    the analogy is just fine. I dont expect you to understand SU basketball. I thought you would pick out the point I was making using a team I am very familiar with. And Basketball, albeit less of a team game than football is still a team game.

As for RG3 not being nearly anywhere near Matt Moore right now, well, in one sense your right, in another, your completely way off base.

But for the sake of a great debate on a crappy saturday afternoon where snow has finally started to fall here in the northeast, I will take us up a notch.

RG3 has more speed than any Qb that has every played the position while scoring mega points and who is well known to be accurate with the ball, extremely smart, has high character, and still stays in the pocket and looks downfield before taking off like a traditional QB.

I am sorry, I am no expert and I have not studied RG3 all that much, but I watched the bowl game and some highlights, and most all experts say he is for real, so I guess I will take their word for it.

If you dont like RG3 confessor, no sweat. But I will disagree with you to the end on this. so.......have at it.
    Its not so much that I don't like RGIII. IF he falls to say? 7th, then I'm all for a trade IF that is what Philbin believes as I trust his QB instincts quite a bit.
    Those same "experts" you tout have to make something, even if its from nothing. Obviously he won the Heisman, but what exactly does THAT prove???

The kid looks like a pretty good prospect, and living in Dallas, I have seen LOTS from RGIII, but, there is no way I condone giving the front end of two consecutive drafts for the kid. Not even close. He is a great athlete, but so are lots of guys playing QB in College. Until I see him rip apart a top-notch defense from a Pro-type set I hold lots of maybe's about how he will pan out.
    He didn't face many daunting Defenses the entire season, and I also saw a few games where he looked mediocre at best against not such great competition.

Whatever we change this offseason, it needs to be good for 6 or so wins. IF we trade away the entire draft (Not to mention next years) for RGIII, it lands pretty much on his shoulders alone. He's simply not that good IMHO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    This would be a great draft. I'd love to throw a kink in. Get Nicks in FA and grab Sanu in the 3rd. Upshaw, Fleener, Sanu would make me a very very happy fin fan.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a much better and deeper class than 2011 and the Phins are in a better position to land top talent than they were last year.

That being said, it comes down to your front office getting the most out of their picks. The 2010 draft was one of the deepest in over a decade and Miami got very little return and missed out on plenty of impact players. This could be a defining draft for Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Snoochies Boochies little Noochies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    JerZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonanthans View Post
    Please do not temp fate, we still have the same front office. You think there's no way we could screw it up but then Ireland reaches for Melvin Ingram with the #9 pick and we all be screaming again.

There is a ton of talent, I just pray that we actually come out with a solid draft approach this time.
    U shouldn't be worried about the 1st round..Ireland has actually been really solid with his first round picks since taking over, long,davis,odrick,pouncey. The other rounds yeah ill be a smidged worried
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonanthans View Post
    Please do not temp fate, we still have the same front office. You think there's no way we could screw it up but then Ireland reaches for Melvin Ingram with the #9 pick and we all be screaming again.

There is a ton of talent, I just pray that we actually come out with a solid draft approach this time.
    How would Ingram be a reach? Some people have him graded higher than Upshaw. Do you even know who he is?
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote