Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i don't think they could mess up this draft if they wanted to...

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coples is very risky IMO, but I do love his talent. Another potential Miami target Ryan Tannehill is intriguing even though #8/9 is a tad high for him. Lots of good solid picks, though, so I agree with you there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Its not so much that I don't like RGIII. IF he falls to say? 7th, then I'm all for a trade IF that is what Philbin believes as I trust his QB instincts quite a bit.
    Those same "experts" you tout have to make something, even if its from nothing. Obviously he won the Heisman, but what exactly does THAT prove???

The kid looks like a pretty good prospect, and living in Dallas, I have seen LOTS from RGIII, but, there is no way I condone giving the front end of two consecutive drafts for the kid. Not even close. He is a great athlete, but so are lots of guys playing QB in College. Until I see him rip apart a top-notch defense from a Pro-type set I hold lots of maybe's about how he will pan out.
    He didn't face many daunting Defenses the entire season, and I also saw a few games where he looked mediocre at best against not such great competition.

Whatever we change this offseason, it needs to be good for 6 or so wins. IF we trade away the entire draft (Not to mention next years) for RGIII, it lands pretty much on his shoulders alone. He's simply not that good IMHO.
    It's a fair debate to be sure. I like Robert Griffin III and would give up a lot for him maybe something like 2 #1's and a #2. I know that is a lot but I don't think it restricts the organization that much and won't be noticed at all if he proves to be a franchise qb. If we are unable to sign Matt Flynn or Peyton Manning (I personally think he's done) then the organization has to look hard at Griffin. Next in line is Ryan Tannehill, who I like quite a bit, but needs to sit for a year. Kirk Cousins is probably my next guy and he could be good if you load up talent around him. It is a tough call for this organization and one they have to get right.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    the more I think about it the more I smell trade down. if we trade down 5-10 spots, and pick up an additional 2nd rounder, this is the year to do it.

if they cut bell, mark barron could come into play around 20

upshaw could still be in the mix in the mid to late teens.
    cordy glenn, mike adams could be a pick to shore up the RG or RT spot.

whitney mercilus could be in play for the defense if we are going to a hybrid type

peter konz and move pouncey... probably not but maybe...

point being. we could land one of these guys in the first and have two second rounders to fill some holes.

take a te with the first pick in the second. the big three will probably still be available. tannehill, or weeden or another qb prospect with either the first or 2nd second round pick. cam johnson, vinny curry, zebrie sanders, osemele kelechi... I'd be really impressed if we got some of these dudes with our first three picks. I'm not head over heels for anybody at 8 or 9. I'm usually not a proponent for trading down, this year, I think it makes more sense than years past.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    the more I think about it the more I smell trade down. if we trade down 5-10 spots, and pick up an additional 2nd rounder, this is the year to do it.

if they cut bell, mark barron could come into play around 20

upshaw could still be in the mix in the mid to late teens.
    cordy glenn, mike adams could be a pick to shore up the RG or RT spot.

whitney mercilus could be in play for the defense if we are going to a hybrid type

peter konz and move pouncey... probably not but maybe...

point being. we could land one of these guys in the first and have two second rounders to fill some holes.

take a te with the first pick in the second. the big three will probably still be available. tannehill, or weeden or another qb prospect with either the first or 2nd second round pick. cam johnson, vinny curry, zebrie sanders, osemele kelechi... I'd be really impressed if we got some of these dudes with our first three picks. I'm not head over heels for anybody at 8 or 9. I'm usually not a proponent for trading down, this year, I think it makes more sense than years past.
    Trading down isn't as easy as some think. There has to be somebody at our spot that another team is willing to move up to get and outside of Coples possibly falling, I just don't see it.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Ireland seems to have a knack.for jostling draff position. We will have to see. You may be right
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WE are the dolphins. Yes we can.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why trade down?

The Steelers, Giants & Ravens have a philosophy of drafting BPA. When that BPA, most likely Riley Reiff, also fills a position of need, probably the weakest position, why not take it?

I understand after the Sparano years many are sick of numerous Offensive lineman, but, new regime, new coaching staff, select the BPA and move on.
    Draft
    1-WR-Marqise Lee
    2-DT-Louis Nix
    3-OG-Gabe Jackson
    4-QB-AJ McCarron
    5-DT-Daniel McCullers
    5-CB-Antone Exum
    6-OT-Antonio Richardson
    7-OT-Seantrel Henderson
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    as a hawkeye fan and native of iowa, I can't get too jacked up about reiff. I'd rather go pass rusher and grab a wisconsin Ol in the 2nd round.

I don't know who we take as a pass rusher in the second if we take reiff in round one. I like the pass rusher as a first priority over a RT.

I understand your argument about taking BPA and your probably right, but with all the talent this year, I think two 2nd rounders would be okay with me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    only way i see us having a trade down partner is if someone comes up for trent richardson if he's on the board...how high he goes depends on that 40...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Ireland seems to have a knack.for jostling draff position. We will have to see. You may be right
    Trading in the first round is a whole different ball game than trading in later rounds, and he hasn't done it yet.
    Quote Quote