Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McShay's new Mock

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delaware
    Thanks / No Thanks

McShay's new Mock

Has us taking Melvin Ingram. What do the draftniks around here think of this guy? It has Coples going one pick ahead of us. Also has DeCastro going 13th.

Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
    Quarterback and right offensive tackle are bigger needs, but there is not an available player at either of those positions who's worth drafting here. Cameron Wake is Miami's only legitimate pass-rushing threat and he turns 30 next season, so Ingram makes sense. He can play tackle in a four-man front or end in a three-man front, giving the Dolphins the scheme versatility they want under new defensive coordinator Kevin Coye, and Ingram had a penchant for making big plays during his senior season.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/page/McShayMock2.0/2012-nfl-mock-draft-defenders-balance-top-10-todd-mcshay-latest-projection
    It is odd that I got this name in 2004 and it is still relevant to this day. Prove me wrong TS!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Love it
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good player but! I think it's a player we could trade down a few spots and grab.. Is he better than upshaw? I know no one wants to see it but I strongly believe we're picking up either manning or Flynn which would mean oline with the first pick. I'm a big fan of adding solid depth via free agency and taking a wr at 8 or 9.... Hartline is garbage and we desperately need some opposite Marshall.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I Hope he can play right tackle as well. Fish have lots of D-Linemen. Their need is O-lineman.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    All in for Philbin.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ingram projected as a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage_Phin View Post
    Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ingram projected as a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE?
    That article was a bit confusing in how it was worded. Ingram is a OLB in the 3-4, DE in the 4-3. Think someone like Justin Tuck who, although he is a 6'4 260 lb DE, he can line up at DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4 in certain passing situations.

He's a pass rusher like Justin Houston/Shawne Merriman. He'd be a 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB for us. He's incredibly versatile. He's more versatile than Upshaw.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    All in for Philbin.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    That article was a bit confusing in how it was worded. Ingram is a OLB in the 3-4, DE in the 4-3. Think someone like Justin Tuck who, although he is a 6'4 260 lb DE, he can line up at DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4 in certain passing situations.

He's a pass rusher like Justin Houston/Shawne Merriman. He'd be a 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB for us. He's incredibly versatile. He's more versatile than Upshaw.
    Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up pal.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not a fan of this pick. Ingram seemed to disappear a lot in a number of games, which can be easy to do with all the talent on SC's defense. I just don't see him being a disruptive force in the league, more of a solid role player who fits the scheme. It's just not a good value pick that early in the draft.

One thing this FO has done wrong is draft based mainly on need and depth. We need to start drafting BPA no matter the position. Then, once all the pieces start to fall in place, we will be able to make a title run. That's how teams like the Steelers and Patriots stay competitive year after year, while other teams with franchise QBs aren't as consistent. We need to stop thinking we are only 1 piece or year away from a ring.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Think someone like Justin Tuck who, although he is a 6'4 260 lb DE, he can line up at DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4 in certain passing situations.
    I think that's confusing too. Tuck is the Giants starting RDE in the 4-3. On some passing downs he moves inside to DT and in the rare occasion they go 3-4 alignment he can play DE.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If our primary defense is 3-4 I want Upshaw, if it's 4-3 I'll take Ingram.
    Quote Quote