Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McShay's new Mock

1. -11
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ingram or Upshaw would be fine with me if we take a defensive player first.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Upshaw please
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifin23 View Post
    Good player but! I think it's a player we could trade down a few spots and grab.. Is he better than upshaw? I know no one wants to see it but I strongly believe we're picking up either manning or Flynn which would mean oline with the first pick. I'm a big fan of adding solid depth via free agency and taking a wr at 8 or 9.... Hartline is garbage and we desperately need some opposite Marshall.
    Why don't you actually watch Hartline play before making such an ignorant statement. He's the least of the team's problems. He's not an elite WR, but he's smart, runs good routes and often gets open. He's a solid NFL WR and would get picked up quickly if he were a FA.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be OK with it, assuming QB is answered otherwise. Ingram probably is BPA at that spot.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't take him there....he's not worth that high of a pick.

Also he's to slow to be a OLB in a 3-4 and to small to play on the line, in a 3-4.

And if we do play more 4-3 this year...Ingram is a lot like Odrick and Starks...in that you could play all 3 of them as a DE in a 4-3 but they would all do better as a DT.

So that's why he's not worth a high pick in my mind for this team, cuzz this team has a lot more needs then letting two DT go in FA then coming back and drafting another one in the 1st round.I mean if you really think about it , it's dumb so maybe it is something our GM would do.

If this team is really looking to play more 4-3 then they will draft guys like Whitney Mercilus because he's a 4-3 DE.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way is he worth the 9th overall pick. we should go BPA and he would not be close to that at 9.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    If our primary defense is 3-4 I want Upshaw, if it's 4-3 I'll take Ingram.

Yep, after studying the two waaaaay too damn much last weekend, this is the EXACT scenario I see as well.

Truth is, I think we play lots of both, and a guy like Upshaw can switch on any given down.

People think we don't need more lineman, and I concur that RT is also an absolute, but the Gints are winning superbowls by having 4 guys that can get to the QB. Anybody along their D-line, that is actually 8 deep, can get to the QB on any given play.

Can you imagine how much better our secondary would be if we never had to blitz, and when we did send Dansby or Burnett, they are completely blowing up plays?

The best way to beat a team like the Patriots/Saints/Green Bay is to get to the QB with 4 guys. I really really believe in that philosophy. Nothing more than simple number games.

Unless RGIII falls to like 5 or 6, where we can actually move up to get him, Upshaw, Kalil or Ingram would be great great picks.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    LES f**g MILES

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God no, please god no. Not at the 8th/9th pick.
    JARVIS LANDRY = HINES WARD 2.0
    Quote Quote