Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Pulling a Cleveland

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pulling a Cleveland

After the Cleveland / Atlanta trade last year, debates began on who got the better of the trade. The way I see it, Cleveland gave up the chance to take a premiere player at a position of need for them just to have more picks. I personally don't think they would do that trade watching the offence struggle as much as it did and seeing what happened in Cincinnati with their rookie duo

My question to all of you is this…which player do you have in your top five or the consensus top five (since some of us think outside the box) would you be fine with the Dolphins letting another team trade up for.

The only one for me would be Matt Kalil. I am completely opposed to going OL again in the first round and I think if we are actually picking ahead of Carolina, teams may assume due to connection and need that they'd need to get ahead of Carolina.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cleveland trade isn't done. They have Atlanta's 1st round pick this year (22nd) plus they picked up Dwight Jones with Atlanta's pick last year. They very well could end up with RGIII or Trent Richardson and Coby Fleener.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushman View Post

My question to all of you is this…which player do you have in your top five or the consensus top five (since some of us think outside the box) would you be fine with the Dolphins letting another team trade up for.

I am not sure I understand your question? We don't have a top five pick, so we have no say in what other teams do as far as moving up to get a top five pick. We have the 8th or 9th pick. Are you asking which player in the "top five" you would be willing to move a bunch of Phin's players for? I would maybe move the equivalent of five players or five of our picks for Luck. But I just don't think Ireland and Ross will make this move.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I read your question correctly, I'm fine with another team wanting to trade up Trent Richardson.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know we pick 8th or 9th...what im askin is there a consensus top player that you would be ok with the dolphins not picking and instead trading with a team who wantd that player...if that player happened to drop...

For example...if luck, blackmo, Griffin, Claiborne etc fell...would u be ok with the dolphins tradin with a team desparate to get him...even tho we could use them

Norflafin....Richardson is another I'd be ok with
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lmao! If luck and or rgIII fell to us then there is there no way in hell you would trade the pick unless we had a young stud at qb. We have been so bad at the qb position since Marino left that it's a joke. At some point we may need to pull an Atlanta type trade to get to the #2 pick and getting our qb for years. I think it will all be laid to rest when we sign either manning or Flynn in free agency.
    Quote Quote