Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Peyton Manning + Brandon Weeden in Round 2 = dream scenario

  1. -11
    ahmilli's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    439
    vCash:
    1513
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anyone drafts Weeden, he has to be able to come in and START as soon as possible, no waiting 2-3 years as a backup. But I do think Weeden is a good QB, he can make all the throws and is very smart. But I want Flynn.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    outlawd2u's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    3,920
    vCash:
    2303
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Any scenario drafting Weeden in second round is far from a dream scenario. Dont see how people view Weeden as any more ready to start than other draft picks but oh well. If Ireland spends a 2nd round pick on Weeden he is an idiot.
    I think you're wrong about this, Weeden's age could make him more ready just from a maturity stand point alone but if you take Weeden who is already going to be 29 when the season starts I want him playing day 1, not 3 years from now when he's 32. I really like Weeden, I think he will be very good in the NFL but if you're taking a QB to groom behind a legend for a few years you don't take one that is already old.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    broccoli rob's Avatar
    droopy dog

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2012
    Posts:
    1,362
    vCash:
    6153
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any QB with Fleener in the 2nd would be my dream scenario. We need a Tight End more than we need 2 QBs.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    3,056
    vCash:
    5463
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Personally, I think we should give Chad Henne another chance. He may be able to flourish under Philbin. Don't want to give up on him so soon.
    We need to give Henne more chances for what? To overthrow more receivers? To throw a 4 yard pass to the flats, only to hit the running back's shoes? I think we're good on that.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,423
    vCash:
    38743
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawd2u View Post
    I think you're wrong about this, Weeden's age could make him more ready just from a maturity stand point alone but if you take Weeden who is already going to be 29 when the season starts I want him playing day 1, not 3 years from now when he's 32. I really like Weeden, I think he will be very good in the NFL but if you're taking a QB to groom behind a legend for a few years you don't take one that is already old.
    You could be correct but there is no trend of history that shows because a college player is older that he is Kellen more ready to play qb in the nfl. Many said this about john beck. The facts of the matter are that he has the same amount of experience playing college football as any other prospect in the draft and is no more or less ready to play in the NFL than Nick Foles or Kirk cousins based on his experience so far. I think it sounds good to say because he is older he is more ready but we all saw that didnt help another older prospect in Chris Weinke and he was every bit as good a prospect as Weeden if not better.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,418
    vCash:
    27070
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    This is about the only scenario in which age becomes a concern for me regarding Weeden. If you draft Weeden, you should be convinced he can start immediately.





    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,423
    vCash:
    38743
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    This is about the only scenario in which age becomes a concern for me regarding Weeden. If you draft Weeden, you should be convinced he can start immediately.
    Which begs the question do you want to risk a 2nd round pick to find this out. Its alot to be expected of a rookie to start from day one and be good and most qb's are not ready out of the gate. If Weeden isnt which the odds actually point to then do you really want to try to develop a guy that already 29. he will also probably start regressing at the same age point most qb' do, there is no evidence that starting older makes a qb be able to play to an older age.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    1,006
    vCash:
    2621
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You could be correct but there is no trend of history that shows because a college player is older that he is Kellen more ready to play qb in the nfl. Many said this about john beck. The facts of the matter are that he has the same amount of experience playing college football as any other prospect in the draft and is no more or less ready to play in the NFL than Nick Foles or Kirk cousins based on his experience so far. I think it sounds good to say because he is older he is more ready but we all saw that didnt help another older prospect in Chris Weinke and he was every bit as good a prospect as Weeden if not better.
    The only problem you have with your Chris Weinke, John Beck, or any other quarterback that you can think of that came into the league at an older age, is none of those guys could throw the ball like Weeden can.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    ticophin's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,931
    vCash:
    1605
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What are you planning on building, a retiring home???
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Da Phinishisher's Avatar
    'Shisher

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2006
    Posts:
    1,137
    vCash:
    5103
    Loc:
    Aurora, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nightmares are dreams too
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. brandon weeden at #8
    By kloud_9 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 04:14 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
  3. Would You Trade Our Second Round Pick for Peyton Manning?
    By Blitz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 07:10 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •