Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Peyton Manning + Brandon Weeden in Round 2 = dream scenario

  1. -31
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    4,280
    vCash:
    2858
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Any scenario drafting Weeden in second round is far from a dream scenario. Dont see how people view Weeden as any more ready to start than other draft picks but oh well. If Ireland spends a 2nd round pick on Weeden he is an idiot.
    Rubbish. Weeden is arguably the BEST QB coming out in the draft. I don't care what anyone says- having seen Luck and Weeden play, Weeden might very well be actually better than Luck- argue all you want, Luck does have a physicality to him, a nearly perfect body for an NFL QB, but NOBODY in this draft has an NFL caliber arm like Weeden- and both get very high marks for maturity, cereberal play, etc- although in all fairness I'd probably rate it 1. Luck 2. Weeden as per cereberal aspects of the game- I love Weeden but Luck is elite in that regard. and btw I would take Weeden over Brock Osweiler, the current flavor of the moment, in a second flat.

    I keep suggesting to keep this in perspective- Weeden will turn 36 in his EIGHTH year in the league. Is that really all that bad? I think not. So you have to start looking for a replacement QB a few years earlier, big *ucking whoop. There is no value to be had at QB in this entire draft like there is in Weeden in the 2nd rd, especially for a team that wants an elite QB talent who is or is nearly NFL ready- only time will tell, my guess is that Weeden will be ready to start year 1, year 2 at the latest. And that is FINE. I'd look for Washington to be all over him if they don't go for Tannehill, and he's a great choice for a Jets as a quick replacement for buttfumble, who might be on the way out. And Seattle- look at the mileage they got out of Hasselbeck- how old was he when they beat us to the punch for him?

    Weeden is a sharp guy, a great Quarterback and a natural athlete- a big time baseball prospect and as a hobby he starts for the OSU golf team, one of the best in the country- that has to tell you something about his natural athletic ability. We would be lucky to land him in the 2nd rd, not that Ireland would necessarily have the balls or brains to do so. Weeden- with or without Peyton Mannig coming to Miami, would be a great choice. Peyton has a ton of miles on him, Weeden very few. With both coming here with any good fortune you probably have the QB position taken care of for the next 10 years- and seriously, who could argue with that after the last 10 or 12 years of QB misery that we've had around here?

    There's a saying- Perfection is the enemy of Good. Weeden's age makes him a less than ideal draft prospect by that issue alone- but it nonetheless allows for him to be a very good prospect, and for a team like Miami, in desperate need of a QB- to finally land a top talent like Weeden, an elite QB prospect age issue aside who we may have a shot at in the SECOND ROUND for SECOND ROUND money, alleviating the need to pay a third world country GDP amount to Matt ("I had one good game") Flynn- the guy wants what, $50 million? No *ucking way Mr. Flynn. Weeden would be a FANTASTIC 2nd rd pick, and I'd still go:

    1. DeCastro
    2. Weeden
    3. Fleener or Joe Adams

    Murtha, Jerry and maybe Carey can figure out RT- I see Courtney Upshaw as a very solid player but not an elite pass rusher, same for Melvin Ingram. Coples sure looks like a stud, but that dude is a DE, not an OLB to me. And Odrick is faster, quicker than I anticipated- imo Coples is a hell of a player, but we have depth like no other position at DE and DeCastro will be, I firmly believe an all- pro player at a need position for us. Bottom line.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    miamiron's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    7,712
    vCash:
    225
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    um...if we are talking dream scenarios, give me peyton + luck or rg3. If i'm dreaming might as well reach for the stars!
    you better dream up a new salary cap while your at it
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,238
    vCash:
    1052
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A dream scenario would be to get Manning, draft Blackmon in the 1st rd and somehow get Barkley next year lol
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    retarmyfinfan's Avatar
    Brave Rifles

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2006
    Posts:
    2,342
    vCash:
    2993
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Personally, I think we should give Chad Henne another chance. He may be able to flourish under Philbin. Don't want to give up on him so soon.
    This just went from an average thread to a 10+ page thread, lol.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    BlueFin's Avatar
    Seer of Visions

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    12,205
    vCash:
    3561
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Personally, I think we should give Chad Henne another chance. He may be able to flourish under Philbin. Don't want to give up on him so soon.
    Or maybe we should give Jay Fiedler another shot.........................not!

    Please...the west coast offense requires accuracy, Henne is accuracy challenged.
    WVDolphan:

    "
    Fiedler did not have the arm strength of Tannehill, but overall he was a much better QB."

    Attack the Person, Not the Ideas:






    Attack the person in some way. For example:
    • Attack their expertise, questioning their qualifications or experience
    • Comment on their inability to make a good argument
    • Attach them to discredited others

    Example


    You are not qualified to make such a statement.
    You would say that, wouldn't you.
    And who do you think is going to believe you.

    Attacking the Person is a form of distraction, forcing them into defense and away from their argument.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,156
    vCash:
    17982
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Rubbish. Weeden is arguably the BEST QB coming out in the draft. I don't care what anyone says- having seen Luck and Weeden play, Weeden might very well be actually better than Luck- argue all you want, Luck does have a physicality to him, a nearly perfect body for an NFL QB, but NOBODY in this draft has an NFL caliber arm like Weeden- and both get very high marks for maturity, cereberal play, etc- although in all fairness I'd probably rate it 1. Luck 2. Weeden as per cereberal aspects of the game- I love Weeden but Luck is elite in that regard. and btw I would take Weeden over Brock Osweiler, the current flavor of the moment, in a second flat.

    I keep suggesting to keep this in perspective- Weeden will turn 36 in his EIGHTH year in the league. Is that really all that bad? I think not. So you have to start looking for a replacement QB a few years earlier, big *ucking whoop. There is no value to be had at QB in this entire draft like there is in Weeden in the 2nd rd, especially for a team that wants an elite QB talent who is or is nearly NFL ready- only time will tell, my guess is that Weeden will be ready to start year 1, year 2 at the latest. And that is FINE. I'd look for Washington to be all over him if they don't go for Tannehill, and he's a great choice for a Jets as a quick replacement for buttfumble, who might be on the way out. And Seattle- look at the mileage they got out of Hasselbeck- how old was he when they beat us to the punch for him?

    Weeden is a sharp guy, a great Quarterback and a natural athlete- a big time baseball prospect and as a hobby he starts for the OSU golf team, one of the best in the country- that has to tell you something about his natural athletic ability. We would be lucky to land him in the 2nd rd, not that Ireland would necessarily have the balls or brains to do so. Weeden- with or without Peyton Mannig coming to Miami, would be a great choice. Peyton has a ton of miles on him, Weeden very few. With both coming here with any good fortune you probably have the QB position taken care of for the next 10 years- and seriously, who could argue with that after the last 10 or 12 years of QB misery that we've had around here?

    There's a saying- Perfection is the enemy of Good. Weeden's age makes him a less than ideal draft prospect by that issue alone- but it nonetheless allows for him to be a very good prospect, and for a team like Miami, in desperate need of a QB- to finally land a top talent like Weeden, an elite QB prospect age issue aside who we may have a shot at in the SECOND ROUND for SECOND ROUND money, alleviating the need to pay a third world country GDP amount to Matt ("I had one good game") Flynn- the guy wants what, $50 million? No *ucking way Mr. Flynn. Weeden would be a FANTASTIC 2nd rd pick, and I'd still go:

    1. DeCastro
    2. Weeden
    3. Fleener or Joe Adams

    Murtha, Jerry and maybe Carey can figure out RT- I see Courtney Upshaw as a very solid player but not an elite pass rusher, same for Melvin Ingram. Coples sure looks like a stud, but that dude is a DE, not an OLB to me. And Odrick is faster, quicker than I anticipated- imo Coples is a hell of a player, but we have depth like no other position at DE and DeCastro will be, I firmly believe an all- pro player at a need position for us. Bottom line.
    If Weeden were 24 he would still be at best the third qb in this draft.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

    WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

    WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    If Weeden were 24 he would still be at best the third qb in this draft.
    Maybe in your opinion but not mine, several other knowledgable guys in here and mst analysts. The only knock on Weeden is his age. If he is 24 he is a top 5 pick.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Weeden but not with Manning. Assuming you get Manning for 3 years Weeden is then 32 when he takes his first snaps as a starter. I would much rather take Tannehill who would only be 26 at that point. If I take Weeden it is because he's coming to battle as a starter.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,156
    vCash:
    17982
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Maybe in your opinion but not mine, several other knowledgable guys in here and mst analysts. The only knock on Weeden is his age. If he is 24 he is a top 5 pick.
    havent heard one analylist say that Weeden would go over Rg3 if he was younger not one. not saying they are not there. As for guys opinions on board they are opinions no more or less valid than mine.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,156
    vCash:
    17982
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    I think so many are used to wasting second round picks on Qb's they dont mind taking a guy like Weeden with our second. Im definately not one of them this would be akin to the White pick in my book
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. brandon weeden at #8
    By kloud_9 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 04:14 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
  3. Would You Trade Our Second Round Pick for Peyton Manning?
    By Blitz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 07:10 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •