Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -31
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    So played the multiplayer demo last night with a friend. We were up until 6:30 in the morning. It was that addictive.

The good: you get alot of customization options for your character. Everything from appearance to skills to weapons. Its extremely challenging, but also rewarding. As well, the game randomly changes things up every few waves. For example: me and my friend burned down the first 2 waves, on the third wave they changed the objection to "uploading" data at a certain location, i got it but we were so torn up in the process the enemy had little problem finishing us off. The next round we played, we got to the 3rd wave, only for the objection to be hunting down a certain type of enemy. By changing it up it kept us guessing, it was hectic but extremely fun. Every round gave out medals and cash based on how you did that can be used for weapons, armor, extra ammo, medigel, etc. As well, your character levels up while you play, so you can spend points on new skills.

The bad: Not so much bad but pet peeves. For one, they possibly nerfed Sentinel. Either that or we were both bugged badly. We both died a few times with our tech armor still up. As well, it didnt really take damage as it never broke. In order to break it and get the "push back" effect you would physically have to press the button. Keep in mind, it was NOT like that in the regular game demo, so its possibly it was buggy because it was a demo, who knows. Anyways, the main problem i had was when i tried out a Turian. He couldnt dodge, lunge to the side, and avoid like the human characters could. Its possibly that more human-like characters can(Drell for instance), but for the Turian it was almost like playing the first game again. Needless to say, my dreams of leveling up a Salarian Sentinel took a beating last night.

Final verdict: the pro's of multiplayer far outweigh the con's. As i said, the "bad" was more of personal pet peeves then anything else. Ill be playing it addictively on at least a few of my Shepards, and Locke has indicated hes game(unless anything i wrote was a game breaker). If anyone wants to join us, im fairly certain god intended for a 4 man Miami Dolphins group to save the galaxy. I mean, who else is there to rely on, the Jets? Please.
    Nope, I'm down for sure. I bet we can get 9954 involved too, he's another Mass Effect-head...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    That sucks man. Sounds like you got a defective disc. I've personally never had issues with either game as far as saves go. I agree the first one is clunky. I don't really play shooters though, so it didn't bother me as much as it would others who play more shooters I'm guessing. I don't know if you got to play part 2 or not, but it's by far the better game from the action point of view. They completely revamped the shooter aspect in it. I'm not a big shooter fan, but I found it to be pretty good...
    So I went into the Game Stop I used to work at and was BS with a buddy of mine and told him I got rid of my Mass Effect games. He told me the same thing you are saying here. So he let me borrow his copy of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. And you guys were right. It is MUCH better than the first game. It is still Babylon 5 story line, but it is much more enjoyable than the first game. My buddy told me about the interactive comic that simulates the events of the first game, so I went back to Game Stop and bought a brand new copy of Mass Effect 2 just so I didn't have to suffer through the first game. As of right now, I am glad I did. If this holds out, I will be buying ME3.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Skyrim

GOAT

Quote Quote  

4. -34

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Skyrim

GOAT
    Agreed, for 2011...
    Quote Quote  

5. -35

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    So I went into the Game Stop I used to work at and was BS with a buddy of mine and told him I got rid of my Mass Effect games. He told me the same thing you are saying here. So he let me borrow his copy of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. And you guys were right. It is MUCH better than the first game. It is still Babylon 5 story line, but it is much more enjoyable than the first game. My buddy told me about the interactive comic that simulates the events of the first game, so I went back to Game Stop and bought a brand new copy of Mass Effect 2 just so I didn't have to suffer through the first game. As of right now, I am glad I did. If this holds out, I will be buying ME3.
    You'll enjoy it more and more as you get further into it. I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't liked part 2...
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Skyrim

GOAT
    My rebuttal:

Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    My rebuttal:

Thanks man. So much for sleeping between now and March 6...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Thanks man. So much for sleeping between now and March 6...

Liked one guys response on the youtube page: "Im shoving money at my screen but nothing is happening!!!"
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    The date at the end is wrong. It says 9/3/12. If that was the case, I'd probably punch the first stranger I saw in the face...
    Quote Quote