Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -101
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Ok so...
    Spoiler 

Also, I whipped this up...
    I chose the third one, where you jump into that blue stream thing. I won't go into more detail than that since I don't want to ruin anything, but it was an......interesting.....ending. Apparently there are some major petitions going around demanding that Bioware re-do the ending on some upcoming DLC.

Love the gif by the way. There was a funny video on the shadow broker ship in part 2 where a Krogan headbutts here across a room....

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I chose the third one, where you jump into that blue stream thing. I won't go into more detail than that since I don't want to ruin anything, but it was an......interesting.....ending. Apparently there are some major petitions going around demanding that Bioware re-do the ending on some upcoming DLC.

Love the gif by the way. There was a funny video on the shadow broker ship in part 2 where a Krogan headbutts here across a room....
    So if you have three choices (didn't know about the third option) why are people bitching exactly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote  

3. -103

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So if you have three choices (didn't know about the third option) why are people bitching exactly?

Because it wasn't a Hollywood happy ending. I think people wanted Shepard to survive, the Reapers to explode into unicorns and rainbows, and your love interest to show up in nothing but high heels ready to get down. They are complaining about everything. They are mad about what Tali's face looks like, they are mad that there is a multiplayer, they are mad that they didn't get the ending they wanted, they are mad that their choices in the previous games didn't have as much of an effect as they would have liked, they are mad that there wasn't a Krogan or Drell squadmate to play as, etc. Gamers are among the whiniest people in the world. It's not wonder they have trouble getting laid...
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Because it wasn't a Hollywood happy ending. I think people wanted Shepard to survive, the Reapers to explode into unicorns and rainbows, and your love interest to show up in nothing but high heels ready to get down. They are complaining about everything. They are mad about what Tali's face looks like, they are mad that there is a multiplayer, they are mad that they didn't get the ending they wanted, they are mad that their choices in the previous games didn't have as much of an effect as they would have liked, they are mad that there wasn't a Krogan or Drell squadmate to play as, etc. Gamers are among the whiniest people in the world. It's not wonder they have trouble getting laid...
    You ask me that was an Oscar award winning ending. But that is me. Its nice when the good guys doesn't completely win.

And I will agree with the squad mate thing. I was a little sad about the size of the crew. BUT in the end it made sense. Smaller crew, easier to spread out the assignments.

As for multiplayer, I tried it last night. The one game I got to play (******* higher ranks kept booting me), I likes it. Though I have to ask, is there player vs player at all? Or is all horde/firefight style?

Quote Quote  

5. -105

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You ask me that was an Oscar award winning ending. But that is me. Its nice when the good guys doesn't completely win.

And I will agree with the squad mate thing. I was a little sad about the size of the crew. BUT in the end it made sense. Smaller crew, easier to spread out the assignments.

As for multiplayer, I tried it last night. The one game I got to play (******* higher ranks kept booting me), I likes it. Though I have to ask, is there player vs player at all? Or is all horde/firefight style?

I agree. I enjoyed the ending. It should have been obvious to everyone that Shepard was not going to survive. Plus, it's a science fiction universe, so having a non-traditional ending should have also been obvious.

It's all horde, for now. If ME2 is the barometer, then I'd expect a significant amount of DLC, some of which will most likely be for the online. So they might add some PvP later on...
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Found the true ending on You Tube. He says how it got it in the description.

Quote Quote  

7. -107
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hudson went on to promise fans single-player DLC, and that fan feedback will shape its content: "We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, (fan) feedback will become part of how we design that."
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220712p1.html
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, just got done with Mass Effect 3(actually got done a hour ago, but kept going back to check out the other endings). Took over 49 hours and was able to collect over 7k war assests(imported 2 multiplayer characters...but those only gave a very small amount of assests, disappointing).

My verdict on the ending: Outstanding. Chillingly brilliant. I have no idea what people are upset about. I REALLY appreciate that they not only give you a glimpse into why the Reapers exist but they clean up the mess they made in the second games ending(about why humans were being processed).
    I suspect that Locke is right, people wanted some story book perfect ending. Thats not what this series has been about. This series has always been about making the hard choices and the consequences of your actions.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check this out. This is a theory about why Mass Effect ended the way it did. Don't watch if you havent beaten the game.

Quote Quote  

10. -110
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check this out. This is a theory about why Mass Effect ended the way it did. Don't watch if you havent beaten the game.
    Interesting theory, though i think its more of a brain teaser then what really happened. Couple holes in the theory, some minor and major.
    Only one im going to point out is the fact that Shepard works with Prothean technology throughout the games that shuts down in the presence of indoctrinated individuals. There simply is no time for Shepard to be indoctrinated on any significant level, most specifically experiencing hallucinations.
    Entertaining video though, well done by whoever made it.

Speaking of possible endings, its now coming to light that the lead writer of the first game had a very different vision for the third. He left the Mass Effect team to work on The Old Republic and i believe he has since left that to work on his books. To avoid spoilers for those that havent completed ME3, not going to post any real quotes, click the link if you want to read. Personally found it interesting....but much prefer the ending that Bioware went with. Believe Karpyshyn's ending would have been more "thrown together" out of left field while Bioware's hit upon a(or the) major theme of the series.

Will it help everybody to know that there's another Mass Effect 3 ending, mooted by former series scribe Drew Karpyshyn mid-development and canned long before release? Of course it won't. Here you go anyway. Watch out for series spoilers.
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/39736/revealed-...efore-release/
    Quote Quote