Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -111
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dammit! Hellfire and damnation! While linking the other story, stumbled across this one. Sadly(for me, because i thoroughly enjoyed the endings and the direction the series seemed to be going- and yes, they said there would be more ME games) Bioware seems to be making DLC pointed towards "correcting" the endings. Sometimes you have to wish Bioware wasnt such a good company and would rather just tell fans to shut the hell up.

"Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

In case you hadn't gotten the message yet, this is an unprecedented example of a developer kowtowing to a game's fanbase. The ramifications for the industry as a whole are massive. We'll doubtless have more to say about it shortly. In the meantime - what do you think?
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/39968/game-chan...dings-via-dlc/
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Dammit! Hellfire and damnation! While linking the other story, stumbled across this one. Sadly(for me, because i thoroughly enjoyed the endings and the direction the series seemed to be going- and yes, they said there would be more ME games) Bioware seems to be making DLC pointed towards "correcting" the endings. Sometimes you have to wish Bioware wasnt such a good company and would rather just tell fans to shut the hell up.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39968/game-chan...dings-via-dlc/
    I'll say it again, gamers are among the whiniest and most easily riled up group of people in the world. Honestly, I can't have a conversation with a hardcore gamer for more than a few minutes before I get the urge to insert my foot up their ass. It sucks that one of the biggest and most successful companies has to actually change their game to placate the horde. It sets a bad precedent. Hopefully it won't be too widespread, otherwise all the games are going to be designed with those sunshine and roses endings...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -113
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'll say it again, gamers are among the whiniest and most easily riled up group of people in the world. Honestly, I can't have a conversation with a hardcore gamer for more than a few minutes before I get the urge to insert my foot up their ass. It sucks that one of the biggest and most successful companies has to actually change their game to placate the horde. It sets a bad precedent. Hopefully it won't be too widespread, otherwise all the games are going to be designed with those sunshine and roses endings...
    I said it earlier in the thread, i felt this game's hype might be used against it. I dont think the backlash would have as bad had people not been expecting the "perfect" game. Personally, I find it absurd that people want some "happily ever after everyone holding hands signing around the campfire" ending. Especially taken in the right context: Mass Effect was never meant to be a happy story. This is a game where forced experimentation of children, genocide, and torture are common themes. This is a series built around the "right call" being personal perspective and that their might be unexpected consequences to even the most obvious answer.

The endings matched that pattern perfectly. You could get the specific issue you want, but it requires you to sacrifice something and it makes you live with the consequences.

Im going to be patient and wait it out. Im hoping that Bioware releases something that just "clarifies" the endings and doesnt rewrite them. I am annoyed and, like you, worried about them giving into what can basically amount to peer pressure. They seem to be willing to listen to the vocal minority and ignoring the silent(and i dare say mature) majority. It does set a bad precendent and could be used against them(and others) in the future. Not to mention this is all for not, because you simply cant please everyone.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    New weekend challenge starting this friday. When they started these things 2 weekends ago, people got kind of blindsided and missed out on some good rewards. Ended up with the N7 Shotgun myself(damn thing is a shotgun/sniper rifle, hilariously overpowered). If i can catch them in time ill post them up so people have fair warning. Only for Xbox and PC at the moment, apparently Sony screwed the pooch

This weekends:

From 5pm Pacific this Friday to 5am Pacific on Monday morning, Mass Effect 3 will take on Operation Raptor -- a bonus weekend full of experience boosts and bonus ratings.

This Bounty Weekend gives all players a bonus of 10% to their experience. Additionally, there are Allied Goals for all troops and Individual Goals which can provide Victory Packs and Commendation Packs.

If gamers across the world hit 150,000 Level 20 characters this weekend, everyone who participated can grab a Victory Pack reward.

Anyone who gets two characters up to Level 20 will get the reward of a Commendation Pack.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221824p1.html
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Toyota LogoManchester United FCXbox Logo
    Just promoted my Infiltrators and Sentinels
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    Just promoted my Infiltrators and Sentinels
    Did you get credit for them? I promoted a Vanguard and Soldier...then leveled them back up to 20 and promoted them again. Got credit and the packs(another shotgun, bleh) but someone i played with who just promoted two level 20's they already had didnt get credit. We are trying to figure out if this happened to others.

Also, new assignment up, basically just extra xp.

Allied forces have matched krogan mercs and batarians with asari justicars for unconventional warfare. Their mission: to create resistance on Reaper-occupied planets to tie down local Reapers.
    All N7 Forces will receive a +25% Experience Bonus for participating in Operations in any Theatre of War against any foe. Good Luck!

Operation Beachhead is here, the next N7 Multiplayer Weekend!
    Last weekend the community rallied to promote a record breaking 350,000k+ operatives in the field. This weekend Operation Beachhead will run from 6PM PST Thursday April 5th, to 5AM PST Tuesday April 10th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.
    Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Beachhead.
    See you on the Battlefield!
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/operation-beachhead/
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Are any of you guys playing online? My brother is looking to play with other gamers online but hasnt had any luck playing with mature gamers. Oh and he is on the Xbox 360 thanks for the help guys.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    Are any of you guys playing online? My brother is looking to play with other gamers online but hasnt had any luck playing with mature gamers. Oh and he is on the Xbox 360 thanks for the help guys.
    If you ever see me on, just shoot me a message. I finished up ME3, but I'm always up for going back and doing the online with friendly people...
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Thanks I will let him know.
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222511p1.html

BioWare has announced free new multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3. Available on April 10th, the Resurgence Pack will offer two new maps known as Firebase Condor, which takes place on one of Palaven's moons, and Firebase Hydra, which brings players to an abandoned quarian colony.

In addition to the maps, new weapons, consumables and characters will also be unlockable via reinforcement packs in the game's multiplayer store. New weapons include the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG. The following new consumables will also be available:

• Strength Enhancer - Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
    • Targeting VI - Applies a headshot damage boost for one mission
    • Stabilization Module - Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
    • Shield Power Cells - Shortens shield recharge time for one mission

The pack will also feature six new characters, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard, Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator. Interestingly, this list matches the DLC content that was leaked to Facebook last month.
    Quote Quote