Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -121
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Toyota LogoManchester United FCXbox Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Did you get credit for them? I promoted a Vanguard and Soldier...then leveled them back up to 20 and promoted them again. Got credit and the packs(another shotgun, bleh) but someone i played with who just promoted two level 20's they already had didnt get credit. We are trying to figure out if this happened to others.

Also, new assignment up, basically just extra xp.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/operation-beachhead/
    I only got the packs, like you another shotgun the n7 crusader, but just bought one spectre pack finally got the black widow.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Operation BEACHHEAD eased the pressure on allied planets and freed up conventional forces that were being hammered by the Reapers. With these reinforcements, the allies can use RESURGENCE to target more critical infrastructure.
    Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack. A Reserves Pack unlocks one of the new random alien classes guaranteed.
    All participating squads will earn +10% additional experience when playing on the Resurgence expansion’s new maps, Firebase: Condor and Firebase: Hydra.
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/11/o...on-resurgence/
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Super secret agent

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Your basement
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and i thought locke was the only one who was crazy about that game. i dont think he got up off the couch the entire first day he had it. if i didnt kick him out of the house, i dont think he would have gone to work.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
    and i thought locke was the only one who was crazy about that game. i dont think he got up off the couch the entire first day he had it. if i didnt kick him out of the house, i dont think he would have gone to work.
    A day? I say you got off easy. I didnt do much the first week this game came out. Informed my friends and family to say goodbye and that they wouldnt see me again. One of my friends had to go out and buy the game just to continue associating with me
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finally got a new challenge up and running, plus new features.

Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms
    Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.
    Successful completion of the Allied Goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
    Successful completion of the squad goal awards a Commendation Pack to all squadmates.
    Operation Exorcist will run from 6:00PM PST, Friday April 27th until 5:00AM PST, Monday April 30th. Exorcist will be available on PC and Xbox 360 only. Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Exorcist.
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/25/operation-exorcist/

We’re proud to bring you this new feature to the BSN, which will allow you to inspect your multiplayer avatars without having to boot up your copy of the game. In this new manifest, players will be able to view which characters, weapons, mods and consumables they’ve unlocked in MP, and what’s more, you’re able to compare your stats with your friends!
    To use the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Manifest, simply head to the BioWare Social Network and log in using your EA Origin Account you use to play Mass Effect 3. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to use the great features found in this new program to help you prepare for battle.
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/26/m...ayer-manifest/
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BioWare has announced that the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut will be available as a free download for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on June 26th in North America. In Europe, the content will arrive on the same day for Xbox 360 and PC but will arrive on July 4th for PlayStation 3.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...ming-next-week
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't played much Xbox at all lately. I think it may be time to start up another Mass Effect triology run here soon. I haven't done a Fem-shep yet, so that may be in the cards...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I haven't played much Xbox at all lately. I think it may be time to start up another Mass Effect triology run here soon. I haven't done a Fem-shep yet, so that may be in the cards...
    After all my bluster and vows, i started another ME trilogy run with the intent on hitting every single side mission in the games. And yes, i hate myself alittle for giving in. Sadly havent had time to jump on either, just been on for the bi-monthly challenges(and one night of utter frustration trying to play Kane and Lynch 2, which is one of the worst games ever made).

Id strongly recommend FemShep. When i played mine it gave the series a new breath of life. Jennifer Hale's voice acting gave the various situations a different light to them, especially in the first two games. While i have no problem loading up another male Shepard, i have been reluctant to play another FemShep because she wouldnt be...well, "mine".
    Last edited by Spesh; 06-25-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ahahahahahaha. Well, tried out the ME3 extended edition ending. Before i talk about the actual ending, i'll mention something Bioware added.
    So im playing one of my characters and, having just watched the "green" ending on another Shepard, i decide to just goof around. Walking around, randomly shooting ****, doing whatever came to mind. Then i apparently went to far. While shooting my gun i hit something i was not meant to hit. Why? Because apparently Bioware ninja'd in a 4th ending. Dont want to give it away but will say the unexpectedness of it was absolutely hilarious.

The other 3 endings were great. They gave the players extra dialogue options when talking to the "kid". Instead of being vague(which i actually liked) they kind of beat you over the head with the explanations about what "he" is exactly and what his motivations were. While i believe those of us on here who have spoken about it will go "yeah, thats what i thought", i have little doubt that the majority of the rabid idiot fanbase that spent months 1 staring the game on Amazon reviews will go "Oh, i get it now, they should have said that from the beginning!".
    On top of origin and motivation "clean-ups", they added extra scenes on different planets to show the effects of the choice you made(Earth, Palavan, Thessia, Tuchanka or whatever the damned Krogan planet is). Probably the biggest plus in my opinion is they add a small "slideshow" at the end showing a handful your former squadmates or important supporting cast members(Major Coats from ME3 for example) and it hints at what they are up to now that the battles are done and what exactly is going on immediate after the war(including the fate of the Reapers). It also gives a dialogue of what the future could bring with each ending, with EDI, Shepard, Hackett, and Liara voicing the different outcomes. As well, they add a final moment on the Normandy with your current crew.

Now the bad. Despite what Bioware stated, they did in fact change the endings in two different ways. For the main one there is enough wiggly room for them to keep whatever plot they want in future games to still be relevant, but they definitely changed it from what fans were sobbing about. I was fairly disappointed that they gave in. It can still be salvaged for whatever they have planned for ME4, but its no longer the definitive statement it used to be. Shepards "story" before seemed to say to me that: "The Reapers are a huge deal. Things wont be the same because they came and things SHOULDNT be the same. In order to stop them the galaxy will have to drastically change".
    Now it seems as though they are saying "hey, things have changed but give it a few and stuff will go back to normal".
    The second story tweak was hinting at the fate of the Normandy crew. I dont have a problem with it(its more optimistic), but i really wish they had saved it for the "good" ending instead of giving it to all of the endings. No big complaint.

Id say this download was well worth it. My only real gripe has been mentioned and even that the Bioware team can move forward with easily enough. If nothing else, this free download gives you a more definitive look at your choices and a few more space battle scenes(just a handful but i thoroughly enjoyed the combat scenes before the DLC and certainly didnt object to more of them). If i had put a number on my response to it, it would be 85% pleased 15% annoyed.
    Just a tip for those wanting to try it: Bioware suggests you load up a pre-Cerberus headquarters mission to get all the scenes. I played the regular game to completion twice before the DLC and for the life of me couldnt see anything new until after i started running towards the beam on Earth. If you have any saved files from the London mission, you should catch all of it with no problems.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    ahahahahahaha. Well, tried out the ME3 extended edition ending. Before i talk about the actual ending, i'll mention something Bioware added.
    So im playing one of my characters and, having just watched the "green" ending on another Shepard, i decide to just goof around. Walking around, randomly shooting ****, doing whatever came to mind. Then i apparently went to far. While shooting my gun i hit something i was not meant to hit. Why? Because apparently Bioware ninja'd in a 4th ending. Dont want to give it away but will say the unexpectedness of it was absolutely hilarious.

The other 3 endings were great. They gave the players extra dialogue options when talking to the "kid". Instead of being vague(which i actually liked) they kind of beat you over the head with the explanations about what "he" is exactly and what his motivations were. While i believe those of us on here who have spoken about it will go "yeah, thats what i thought", i have little doubt that the majority of the rabid idiot fanbase that spent months 1 staring the game on Amazon reviews will go "Oh, i get it now, they should have said that from the beginning!".
    On top of origin and motivation "clean-ups", they added extra scenes on different planets to show the effects of the choice you made(Earth, Palavan, Thessia, Tuchanka or whatever the damned Krogan planet is). Probably the biggest plus in my opinion is they add a small "slideshow" at the end showing a handful your former squadmates or important supporting cast members(Major Coats from ME3 for example) and it hints at what they are up to now that the battles are done and what exactly is going on immediate after the war(including the fate of the Reapers). It also gives a dialogue of what the future could bring with each ending, with EDI, Shepard, Hackett, and Liara voicing the different outcomes. As well, they add a final moment on the Normandy with your current crew.

Now the bad. Despite what Bioware stated, they did in fact change the endings in two different ways. For the main one there is enough wiggly room for them to keep whatever plot they want in future games to still be relevant, but they definitely changed it from what fans were sobbing about. I was fairly disappointed that they gave in. It can still be salvaged for whatever they have planned for ME4, but its no longer the definitive statement it used to be. Shepards "story" before seemed to say to me that: "The Reapers are a huge deal. Things wont be the same because they came and things SHOULDNT be the same. In order to stop them the galaxy will have to drastically change".
    Now it seems as though they are saying "hey, things have changed but give it a few and stuff will go back to normal".
    The second story tweak was hinting at the fate of the Normandy crew. I dont have a problem with it(its more optimistic), but i really wish they had saved it for the "good" ending instead of giving it to all of the endings. No big complaint.

Id say this download was well worth it. My only real gripe has been mentioned and even that the Bioware team can move forward with easily enough. If nothing else, this free download gives you a more definitive look at your choices and a few more space battle scenes(just a handful but i thoroughly enjoyed the combat scenes before the DLC and certainly didnt object to more of them). If i had put a number on my response to it, it would be 85% pleased 15% annoyed.
    Just a tip for those wanting to try it: Bioware suggests you load up a pre-Cerberus headquarters mission to get all the scenes. I played the regular game to completion twice before the DLC and for the life of me couldnt see anything new until after i started running towards the beam on Earth. If you have any saved files from the London mission, you should catch all of it with no problems.
    What did you shoot to get the Fourth ending? I just shot the kid and now I have to do it again to go get the ending in WAS going to choose. Lol.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote