Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    This is horrible news for Obama. Between Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, 18-40 year old male unemployment rates are going to skyrocket.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    This is horrible news for Obama. Between Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, 18-40 year old male unemployment rates are going to skyrocket.

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I may have to try and get into this series again. I tried once but just could not get into the game.
    The first one was hit or miss for most people. I loved it personally, but I can see where others may have had trouble getting into it. I bet you'll like part 2 though. Much smoother gameplay, and a lot more fast-paced...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i cant wait for this game. ive got to run through the 2nd one again in the next couple weeks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Feel free to add me on Live guys. Main reason I don't play online if I hate getting randomly matched with some 12 year old who thinks constant "your mom" jokes are funny. I'd be much more willing to play multiplayer if I had some proper villains to play with. I'll definitely be doing this game online, either way. My tag is Ephemeral Locke...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Feel free to add me on Live guys. Main reason I don't play online if I hate getting randomly matched with some 12 year old who thinks constant "your mom" jokes are funny. I'd be much more willing to play multiplayer if I had some proper villains to play with. I'll definitely be doing this game online, either way. My tag is Ephemeral Locke...
    cant stand that ether. i usually just destroy them mentally, and mess with hard lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    cant stand that ether. i usually just destroy them mentally, and mess with hard lol
    I have to admit, it is pretty entertaining listening to a 12 year old lose his temper after getting his butt kicked repeatedly...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If your interested i'll shoot ya a invite when the game comes out, right now im never on. Well, lemme rephrase, i'll shoot ya a invite when im done playing through the regular game on one of my 6 Shepards. And yes, i will probably be making more after the game comes out.

Downloaded and played part of the demo. Absolutely amazing. Voice acting was alittle off with the graphics at first, then quickly improves(or maybe its my imagination). Graphics are sleeker and grittier, some areas(like the Salarian homeworld) are stunning.
    But lets get down to it, the big improvement Bioware went for was combat. And they nailed it. The game is much, much, faster then the previous one. Its going to take awhile to get it all down, but even the 2 levels they provided you you can tell that once you get used to it, your Shepard will do crazy stuff. Personally i was sold the minute i blew off a Cerberus agents head off. Combat trees are improved as well. They appear exactly like the second game, but once you start putting points in them they "branch off" and allow you to do different things for each moves(ie: singularity- last longer, wider effect, etc).

And even in the demo, you can tell your previous choices will play a factor. Spoiler(highlight if you want to see): Captain Kirrahe, from the Virmire mission, makes a cameo to drop some crazy cover fire. All in all, the 6th cant come soon enough. Will be trying the multiplayer demo later this week when i get a chance.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I played through the demo today as well.

My only advice to others who haven't played it is.........don't. You'll never make it to the 6th otherwise. I'm done and I'm already on the verge of an anxiety seizure. Not sure how I'm gonna make it to the 6th.

I don't know how I feel about them making Ashley flashy. I know sex sells, but I was partial to the tomboy Ashley from the original Mass Effect. Kaiden is more likable this time too. My biggest beef with him from the first is that I really didn't give a sh*t if he lived or died. From the limited exposure we get in the demo, they seem to have worked on that. The alien characters seem to have stayed about the same, which is good news. I was worried they would change them up a little bit, but they look to have stuck to the same personalities.

Everything else is just like Spesh said. The game is faster, and there is definitely an epic feel to the whole thing. Much more customization, which I'm a fan of. I'd say they found the sweet spot with combining RPG features into an action game. I'll probably be spending the next few months playing this. I'm definitely going to fall off of the face of the earth for the few days after it's release...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know how I feel about them making Ashley flashy. I know sex sells, but I was partial to the tomboy Ashley from the original Mass Effect. Kaiden is more likable this time too. My biggest beef with him from the first is that I really didn't give a sh*t if he lived or died. From the limited exposure we get in the demo, they seem to have worked on that. The alien characters seem to have stayed about the same, which is good news. I was worried they would change them up a little bit, but they look to have stuck to the same personalities.
    Agree with everything you wrote(save for advising people not to play, misery loves company after all), but wanted to highlight this part. You got it 100% right, Kaiden was just sort of "there" for me in the first game and i killed him off repeatedly. Think i only have 1 run through where i let him live. Really could care less one way or the other, while i did enjoy the Ashley character. As for her new look, i dont like it either. But then again, i didnt like how she looked exactly the same in the second game as she did in the first. Since i clearly cant be pleased, im going to give it time.

Main reason to post: new day new trailer. Creepy.

Quote Quote