Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -21
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    If your interested i'll shoot ya a invite when the game comes out, right now im never on. Well, lemme rephrase, i'll shoot ya a invite when im done playing through the regular game on one of my 6 Shepards. And yes, i will probably be making more after the game comes out.
    No worries man, I plan on doing the same. As interesting as the multiplayer looks, playing through the game itself is by far my bigger priority. I have several Shepards myself. I took the time and got all the achievements on both of the previous ones, which left me with several characters to import. I played through the first 2 recently making a Shepard specifically to import for my initial run through. I'll use the older ones for subsequent run throughs. I read that doing the multiplayer missions helps get the best ending, which is probably the biggest reason I have any interest in trying it out...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I may have to try and get into this series again. I tried once but just could not get into the game.
    This. I bought a used copy of Mass Effect one and two on Sunday because everyone always told me how good the game is. I for one hate RPGs (with the exception of Pokemon and the original Dragon Warrior), but again everyone said that it was a action style RPG as opposed to a turn based RPG. Well needless to say I took them back yesterday. Besides the fact that the story is essentially Babylon 5, I thought the combat system was too clunky, and the game stopped saving properly. I earlier on in the game I would die and click resume and pick up right before I died, but then after dying later in the game it started me at the beginning of the level instead of where I died. Rather pissed me off. So as much as I wanted to like it I just couldn't get into.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    This. I bought a used copy of Mass Effect one and two on Sunday because everyone always told me how good the game is. I for one hate RPGs (with the exception of Pokemon and the original Dragon Warrior), but again everyone said that it was a action style RPG as opposed to a turn based RPG. Well needless to say I took them back yesterday. Besides the fact that the story is essentially Babylon 5, I thought the combat system was too clunky, and the game stopped saving properly. I earlier on in the game I would die and click resume and pick up right before I died, but then after dying later in the game it started me at the beginning of the level instead of where I died. Rather pissed me off. So as much as I wanted to like it I just couldn't get into.
    Wish you had jumped on here and asked us about your issues before trading the games back in. First off, the save issue can be avoided. You merely had to physically save the games and not rely on autosave, then when you die do NOT hit resume. If i recall correctly, there is a "load save" option that pops up also. As for the combat, there is no real fix for that. The only thing i would suggest is starting the game as a "Solder", dumping points into the Assualt Rifle tree, and just grit your teeth and get through it.

That being said, almost everything you mentioned was fixed in the second game. The combat is completely different. Its been upgraded to be very close to "Gears of War" combat style. The character classes are not only unique, but so good that they didnt change anything about them in the third game(save for adding a new move or two for variety). Wasnt interested in the story? Fair enough, the second game is almost completely character driven and only held together by a loose(and almost cliche') storyline. Yet its still considered one of the best games made because of how well done those characters and situations are. Not to mention one of the most personal simply because of the various choices you make and the consequences hanging over your head.

Anyone hung up on the first game should really download the free demo for the third game. You will be shocked at the night and day difference with graphics and combat. If you enjoy it, then id suggest just sticking to the main storyline in the first game and putting your head down and finishing it. You WILL be rewarded for your perseverance with the second game.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    That sucks man. Sounds like you got a defective disc. I've personally never had issues with either game as far as saves go. I agree the first one is clunky. I don't really play shooters though, so it didn't bother me as much as it would others who play more shooters I'm guessing. I don't know if you got to play part 2 or not, but it's by far the better game from the action point of view. They completely revamped the shooter aspect in it. I'm not a big shooter fan, but I found it to be pretty good...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wish you had jumped on here and asked us about your issues before trading the games back in. First off, the save issue can be avoided. You merely had to physically save the games and not rely on autosave, then when you die do NOT hit resume. If i recall correctly, there is a "load save" option that pops up also. As for the combat, there is no real fix for that. The only thing i would suggest is starting the game as a "Solder", dumping points into the Assualt Rifle tree, and just grit your teeth and get through it.

That being said, almost everything you mentioned was fixed in the second game. The combat is completely different. Its been upgraded to be very close to "Gears of War" combat style. The character classes are not only unique, but so good that they didnt change anything about them in the third game(save for adding a new move or two for variety). Wasnt interested in the story? Fair enough, the second game is almost completely character driven and only held together by a loose(and almost cliche') storyline. Yet its still considered one of the best games made because of how well done those characters and situations are. Not to mention one of the most personal simply because of the various choices you make and the consequences hanging over your head.

Anyone hung up on the first game should really download the free demo for the third game. You will be shocked at the night and day difference with graphics and combat. If you enjoy it, then id suggest just sticking to the main storyline in the first game and putting your head down and finishing it. You WILL be rewarded for your perseverance with the second game.

You and I both said pretty much the same thing within seconds of each other. True Mass Effect fans here...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

I might give the second one a try. But only if I can borrow it from somebody. I won't spent anymore money on them. Not unless I am convinced it is worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote  

7. -27

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In case you don't know, a playable demo has already hit Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

But next week, a select intrepid few will have the opportunity to play the full game before it hits stores. Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.Tz6JplGwX0T

The hype machine is out in full force...
    Last edited by Locke; 02-17-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So played the multiplayer demo last night with a friend. We were up until 6:30 in the morning. It was that addictive.

The good: you get alot of customization options for your character. Everything from appearance to skills to weapons. Its extremely challenging, but also rewarding. As well, the game randomly changes things up every few waves. For example: me and my friend burned down the first 2 waves, on the third wave they changed the objection to "uploading" data at a certain location, i got it but we were so torn up in the process the enemy had little problem finishing us off. The next round we played, we got to the 3rd wave, only for the objection to be hunting down a certain type of enemy. By changing it up it kept us guessing, it was hectic but extremely fun. Every round gave out medals and cash based on how you did that can be used for weapons, armor, extra ammo, medigel, etc. As well, your character levels up while you play, so you can spend points on new skills.

The bad: Not so much bad but pet peeves. For one, they possibly nerfed Sentinel. Either that or we were both bugged badly. We both died a few times with our tech armor still up. As well, it didnt really take damage as it never broke. In order to break it and get the "push back" effect you would physically have to press the button. Keep in mind, it was NOT like that in the regular game demo, so its possibly it was buggy because it was a demo, who knows. Anyways, the main problem i had was when i tried out a Turian. He couldnt dodge, lunge to the side, and avoid like the human characters could. Its possibly that more human-like characters can(Drell for instance), but for the Turian it was almost like playing the first game again. Needless to say, my dreams of leveling up a Salarian Sentinel took a beating last night.

Final verdict: the pro's of multiplayer far outweigh the con's. As i said, the "bad" was more of personal pet peeves then anything else. Ill be playing it addictively on at least a few of my Shepards, and Locke has indicated hes game(unless anything i wrote was a game breaker). If anyone wants to join us, im fairly certain god intended for a 4 man Miami Dolphins group to save the galaxy. I mean, who else is there to rely on, the Jets? Please.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.Tz6JplGwX0T

The hype machine is out in full force...
    You better believe if one of those bad boys floats down around Tallahassee Florida ill be jumping in my car and hunting that thing down.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You better believe if one of those bad boys floats down around Tallahassee Florida ill be jumping in my car and hunting that thing down.

I'll keep an eye out for the one flying out of Las Vegas, but I'd be surprised if it ends up anywhere in the area. If it does, I'll be doing the exact same thing...
    Quote Quote