Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -61
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am viciously jealous of you all. I had planned on grabbing the collectors addition, but had decided to wait. Well, in the past 6 weeks or so, been slammed with bills so kept putting off ordering it. A week or two ago loaded up Amazon to do it...out of stock. Figured no biggie, they would restock, and if they didnt Gamestop wouldnt run out. Apparently wrong on both accounts. Could have kept hunting around different stores, but decided it wasnt worth the trouble. Only really wanted it for the downloadable content and weapons(and not going to lie, floating "dog") but figure they will release the DLC's anyways.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Forewarning: Mass Effect 3 demo's multiplayer ends monday. Dont think anyone should be to concerned, as the game releases tuesday.

Also, warning message on Mass Effects 2 "cerberus network". Says something to the effect of "Cant get news feeds from Earth"
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    In order to break it and get the "push back" effect you would physically have to press the button. Keep in mind, it was NOT like that in the regular game demo, so its possibly it was buggy because it was a demo, who knows. Anyways, the main problem i had was when i tried out a Turian. He couldnt dodge, lunge to the side, and avoid like the human characters could. Its possibly that more human-like characters can(Drell for instance), but for the Turian it was almost like playing the first game again. Needless to say, my dreams of leveling up a Salarian Sentinel took a beating last night.
    Played Sentinel again, armor still doesnt break unless you press it, but you have ALOT of damage mitigation. Very useful and not at all bugged.

Great news: all the different species do different things. Turians just suck. Drell leaps around the screen and can forward flip into areas(and have that flip be a great advantage). Asari slide(actual slide) into cover. Salarians can jump side to side(dont know specifics, but one person played them with no difficulty). The Turian was the only one that was bad. Very bad.
    Basically, my dream of playing a Salarian whatever lives on!
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Played Sentinel again, armor still doesnt break unless you press it, but you have ALOT of damage mitigation. Very useful and not at all bugged.

Great news: all the different species do different things. Turians just suck. Drell leaps around the screen and can forward flip into areas(and have that flip be a great advantage). Asari slide(actual slide) into cover. Salarians can jump side to side(dont know specifics, but one person played them with no difficulty). The Turian was the only one that was bad. Very bad.
    I finally got around to trying it out. It was fun, moreso than I thought it would. Some of those missions got intense though. Definitely going to require a pretty good group to get through some of the gold level challenges...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -65
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I finally got around to trying it out. It was fun, moreso than I thought it would. Some of those missions got intense though. Definitely going to require a pretty good group to get through some of the gold level challenges...
    Literally just got done with it a few moments ago(note the time...and drunkeness). It will be a challenge. For anything above the bronze(and im still not convinced that you can finish a level with less than 3) you will need 4 players.

3 of us tried the Silver challenge, and we got the wave 7. Now, i had been drinking and therefore less then reliable.......and one of us was so intoxicated that they couldnt get their character to slide into a bunker. For Gold, i can only imagine it will require people actually paying attention(to put it lightly).

Anyways, played the Salarian, it wasnt as good as my human female(giggidy) for skill purposes, but it did do well.

Next week should be amazing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Toyota LogoManchester United FCXbox Logo

Turian Sentinel are awesome, just level up tech armor and fitness chose the shotgun and watch him destroy everything.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    Turian Sentinel are awesome, just level up tech armor and fitness chose the shotgun and watch him destroy everything.
    Are you kidding me? I tried it out and i need the ability to jump around. What can i say, i get shot in the face alot.

Clearly, there is no argueing taste.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you kidding me? I tried it out and i need the ability to jump around. What can i say, i get shot in the face alot.

Clearly, there is no argueing taste.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm off to teach my last class of the day. Going straight home after that, eating dinner and whatnot, then gonna go to the midnight release at the GameStop here. Probably won't get to bed until 5-6 AM. I used a sick day for tomorrow already. Yes I'm a nerd. Tomorrow is going to be a day of laziness, Mass Effect 3, and probably quite a few beers. Hit me up on Live if anyone wants to do the multiplayer, although I probably won't get too much into it until after I've played through the campaign. Either way, should be some good times...
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm off to teach my last class of the day. Going straight home after that, eating dinner and whatnot, then gonna go to the midnight release at the GameStop here. Probably won't get to bed until 5-6 AM. I used a sick day for tomorrow already. Yes I'm a nerd. Tomorrow is going to be a day of laziness, Mass Effect 3, and probably quite a few beers. Hit me up on Live if anyone wants to do the multiplayer, although I probably won't get too much into it until after I've played through the campaign. Either way, should be some good times...
    Just a day? Pfft. I took a week off work for Halo 3. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote