Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. -71
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm off to teach my last class of the day. Going straight home after that, eating dinner and whatnot, then gonna go to the midnight release at the GameStop here. Probably won't get to bed until 5-6 AM. I used a sick day for tomorrow already. Yes I'm a nerd. Tomorrow is going to be a day of laziness, Mass Effect 3, and probably quite a few beers. Hit me up on Live if anyone wants to do the multiplayer, although I probably won't get too much into it until after I've played through the campaign. Either way, should be some good times...
    Months ago decided against hitting the midnight release. In hindsight, im kinda glad, trying to power through the final bit of a female Shepard run through on ME2. Going to be busy wednesday and have thought about waiting until that evening to play ME3. I say "thought" loosely, because while i recognize i should do the mature thing and hold off, i have also accepted the fact that the game will be in my Xbox 15 seconds after it hits my doorstep.

I'll be sure to throw ya a invite later in the week, going to hold off until the weekend before playing the multiplayer. Let us know how it goes, especially if you run into the most critical member of the Mass Effect universe. I speak of course of Conrad Verner.

Also, watch out for the new and improved scanning(minor spoiler, but its less than 3 hours before release):

"I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Months ago decided against hitting the midnight release. In hindsight, im kinda glad, trying to power through the final bit of a female Shepard run through on ME2. Going to be busy wednesday and have thought about waiting until that evening to play ME3. I say "thought" loosely, because while i recognize i should do the mature thing and hold off, i have also accepted the fact that the game will be in my Xbox 15 seconds after it hits my doorstep.

I'll be sure to throw ya a invite later in the week, going to hold off until the weekend before playing the multiplayer. Let us know how it goes, especially if you run into the most critical member of the Mass Effect universe. I speak of course of Conrad Verner.

Also, watch out for the new and improved scanning(minor spoiler, but its less than 3 hours before release):

Holding off on the midnight release makes you a bigger man than I. I knew the moment I reserved it that I'd be there at 12:01 on release day. They released it days before mid-terms though, which means tomorrow is probably the only day I get in any substantial playing time over the next few days. Between taking mine, administering and grading the ones I have to give in my classes, and then dealing with the inevitable flood of E-mails and office visits from the slackers who didn't study/come to class/give a ****, I'm probably not going to have much time until next week. Of course, knowing me, I'll end up pawning a bunch of that off onto some of the TAs and playing anyways...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A bit shockingly, Mass Effect 3 is only getting great reviews and not outstanding. Think the success of the second game and all the hype has actual hurt this one in terms of what people were expecting. While it is hitting over 90% rating, other games have scored just as well if not better: Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 spring to mind. Perhaps im projecting to much of my own expectations and others are actually being objective, but i expected this to..well...lead to the collapse of society as we know it. Little or no spoilers on the link below.

All told, Mass Effect 3 is an absolutely amazing game, one that successfully puts a bow on the Mass Effect trilogy while still leaving us hungry for even more. It looks and plays great, but Mass Effect 3’s true strength lies in its ability to tell a deeply-woven story. Better yet, the sheer ambition shown by BioWare in announcing an intersecting trilogy complete with save importation becomes fully realized in Mass Effect 3. BioWare deserves applause for not only having the courage to attempt something like the Mass Effect trilogy, but for pulling it off with such exceptional poise and skill.
    Mass Effect 3 isn’t the best game ever made. But it’ll certainly be in the conversation for a very long time to come.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...ffect-3-review#
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Ha! Still got my collectors edition.

Also I love the new paint job for the Normandy and Ashley.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 03-06-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Busy day, but was finally able to start up around 7. Took about 30 minutes to download the DLC, get all the updates for Live, and decide to play my "dry run" Shepard. Was my first character i made in the first game and used him for my first run of the second game. Didnt make the most ideal choices, but certainly still interesting to see how it turns out.

Figure all is well, load up the toon and sit back to get through the opening. I then notice i made a single tactical mistake: even after 5 years since the original game, after multiple characters, and only exposed to a single conversation.....i still couldnt care less about Kaiden.
    Immediately started over with another Shepard. Having a blast.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Busy day, but was finally able to start up around 7. Took about 30 minutes to download the DLC, get all the updates for Live, and decide to play my "dry run" Shepard. Was my first character i made in the first game and used him for my first run of the second game. Didnt make the most ideal choices, but certainly still interesting to see how it turns out.

Figure all is well, load up the toon and sit back to get through the opening. I then notice i made a single tactical mistake: even after 5 years since the original game, after multiple characters, and only exposed to a single conversation.....i still couldnt care less about Kaiden.
    Immediately started over with another Shepard
    . Having a blast.
    LOL! Ain't that the truth. I may have not played the first game, but I did choose not to save him in the comic that simulated the first game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Immediately started over with another Shepard. Having a blast.
    Same here. Dude is about as interesting as a piece of burnt toast. Game is amazing so far. The only thing that caught my eye is that sometimes the person on screen will jump ahead in their animation a little bit, but that's a pretty minor thing all things considered...
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I want Mass Effect fans opinions on this one. What do you think of my new sig? I designed it after the pattern on the side of the new Normandy. Also, if anyone else would like one, let me know. I am more than willing to share.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A bit shockingly, Mass Effect 3 is only getting great reviews and not outstanding. Think the success of the second game and all the hype has actual hurt this one in terms of what people were expecting. While it is hitting over 90% rating, other games have scored just as well if not better: Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 spring to mind. Perhaps im projecting to much of my own expectations and others are actually being objective, but i expected this to..well...lead to the collapse of society as we know it. Little or no spoilers on the link below.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...ffect-3-review#
    Skyrim.

GOAT

Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Skyrim.

GOAT
    Go back to collecting dirt from caves. We be saving the galaxy.
    Quote Quote