Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

I see in alot of polls people would choose Flynn over a healthy Manning. That is crazy Peyton would make us an instant superbowl contender. Flynn may have an upside or he may be Kevin Kolb. You choose!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash2219 View Post
    I see in alot of polls people would choose Flynn over a healthy Manning. That is crazy Peyton would make us an instant superbowl contender. Flynn may have an upside or he may be Kevin Kolb. You choose!!!
    The key word is HEALTHY. How does anyone know if Manning is healthy and will be able to play again? We had doctors evaluate Brees and Culpepper a few years back, and then decided Culpepper was the guy we wanted, and we all saw how that turned out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    The key word is HEALTHY. How does anyone know if Manning is healthy and will be able to play again? We had doctors evaluate Brees and Culpepper a few years back, and then decided Culpepper was the guy we wanted and we all saw how that turned out.
    Don't forget about Trent "Scrambled Green Eggs".
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Dolfan in England

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    110% agree with you. This is Peyton Manning! Not some average QB, we are talking about one of the all time greats, future hall of famer, with at least 2 good years left in him. I dont see why you dont take him and make a serious run at the SuperBowl.

Flynn may well be the next big thing - but he might not!
    Follow Me: @Darren_Foord (https://twitter.com/Darren_Foord) - Happy for a follow for follow of Dolphin fans!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin_Daz View Post
    110% agree with you. This is Peyton Manning! Not some average QB, we are talking about one of the all time greats, future hall of famer, with at least 2 good years left in him. I dont see why you dont take him and make a serious run at the SuperBowl.

Flynn may well be the next big thing - but he might not!
    How do you know if he has 2 years left. The colts thought he was healthy and they paid him a butt load of money and hurt the team. He knew he was not healthy when he signed the contract. He will also tell us that he feels great even if he does not.

Im not saying he will never play again or he will not ever be great again (He may come in and play better than he ever has). But at the same time you cannot say he is going to come in here a be 100% the same person he was before. Just because his name is Payton Manning does not mean he will be great until he is 60.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Longevity. Yeah, Peyton is cleared to play, but nobody knows if he can play to his full potential.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Manning's never going to be fully healthy again. I guess there's a chance that he could make a miraculous recovery and not only regain full strength in his chest and arms, but also be able to play a full season without suffering excruciating pain or severe fatigue. But it's not likely and I think this is a definite case of buyer beware. This sort of injury is not comparable to the Drew Brees injury. Peyton's going to be living with pain and limitations for the rest of his life, regardless of whether or not he ever plays another down in the NFL.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brees was considered the less healthy but yet he was so much better than culpepper. It was worth the risk with brees but not Culpepper. It proves my point go with the great player not the average one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash2219 View Post
    Brees was considered the less healthy but yet he was so much better than culpepper. It was worth the risk with brees but not Culpepper. It proves my point go with the great player not the average one.
    The injuries aren't even remotely comparable. Not even close. You're comparing ligament repair to spinal fusion and nerve damage. No one would love to see a 100% healthy Peyton Manning in a Dolphins uniform more than me, but the truth is that the odds of him making a full recovery at this point are not good at all. The only way I'm for signing Manning is if we draft a franchise caliber QB prospect and get him ready to play, fast.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Flynn is a late round draft pick (7th round) who played 2 good games in a great system on a great overall team. How often does that work out? Throwing money at him because of that and expecting a super bowl is very dangerous.

We're not doctors and we're not Peyton...let's not judge his injury. How can we be picky when we haven't had a QB of his level since 1999? Take the risk, there's a high reward if he stays healthy. Imagine the Dolphins 15th-ish defense with a healthy peyton manning against Brady and that 31st ranked defense. The only way to topple the Patriots is a high powered offense that can out-duel theirs and have a defense who can stop them a couple times.
    Let's Go Dolphins!!
    Quote Quote