Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK I will defer to all of you who think Manning is done, but as a dolphin fan I'm sure he will sign with another year, win another superbowl and we will still be looking for another quarterback in a couple of years. So it is the life of a dolphin fan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    He's won exactly one championship in his entire career. What makes you think he's a lock to win a championship next season with a new team?

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash2219 View Post
    OK I will defer to all of you who think Manning is done, but as a dolphin fan I'm sure he will sign with another year, win another superbowl and we will still be looking for another quarterback in a couple of years. So it is the life of a dolphin fan.

Thays pretty funny because when he was health his entire 10+ years he has only won it 1 time. He was in the same system, same coaches, For the most part the same WR's, same center. Not saying he is not great but he has 3 neck surgeries and going to come to a new team where everything he has known his entire career is different and you think he will play 1 more year and win it all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Flynn Pro:

Is young and has shown potential to be a franchise QB.

Could be your QB for the next 10 years.

Flynn Con:

It was all a fluke and he's just another average QB.

Manning Pro:

He's Peyton F'ing Manning

Manning Con:

How healthy is he and will he be ready to play at the same or close to the same level as before.

Probably has less than 5 years of elite play in him if healthy.

Both are a gamble.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    He's won exactly one championship in his entire career. What makes you think he's a lock to win a championship next season with a new team?
    I was typing the exact same thing when you did. You beat me to it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playing devils advocate here.

I think this past season showed that the Colts are a really bad team. Manning made them a contender. If Manning were on a better team he'd probably have had more success.

If Sparano had Manning the Dolphins probably would have made it to the playoffs every year.

Fistpump!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Peyton is healthy and fully recovered, great. However, that is a HUGE question. And he would only be short term. But, yes, he could make us very hard to beat for 2-3 years. However, one big hit, and he could be done. Therefore, I support going after Flynn and look to the future. He appears to be the type of QB for the WC offense and know Philbins system.

Both would be coaches on the field. One is younger without any major injury issueds. The other is a world leader at QB, however, with MAJOR injury issues.

Like someone said, both are a risk. I'll go the Don Shula route - young, talented, and something to prove.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm done with this board. I live in Philly area they are talking on radio here about getting Manning and trading Vick. I hate Eagle fans but at least they are smart enough to realize a superbowl is hard to win or even get to. I repeat if Peyton Manning is cleared to play and is healthy he would make dolphins an instant contender to win a superbowl. You go get your Flynn because you are all excellent scouts off of two stinkin games.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by armyphin View Post
    Playing devils advocate here. I think this past season showed that the Colts are a really bad team. Manning made them a contender. If Manning were on a better team he'd probably have had more success.
    True, but he also had weapons to work with. Weapons he coached up since they came into the league, who were on the same page with him and could run that offense on the fly in their sleep. He won't have that in Miami. He's going to be working with brand new guys and maybe even a brand new offense. He's been out of the game for a year and not fully recovered. It's not like you're getting Peyton Manning. You're getting Peyton Manning Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash2219 View Post
    I'm done with this board. I live in Philly area they are talking on radio here about getting Manning and trading Vick. I hate Eagle fans but at least they are smart enough to realize a superbowl is hard to win or even get to. I repeat if Peyton Manning is cleared to play and is healthy he would make dolphins an instant contender to win a superbowl. You go get your Flynn because you are all excellent scouts off of two stinkin games.
    Cya.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want Peyton, but I will support Regis if he does decide to go after AJ Flynney, seeing as he knows him inside and out, and already has an idea of how far Flynney can take his offense. I kid but it's definitely not as blind a move as when we wasted a 2nd on feeley. Nonetheless, I can't doubt Mannings desire to come back and stick it to irsay. The fact alone that we have Indy on our schedule makes me feel that we'd be his team of choice. A healthy Manning on our team and we have endless possibilities in the draft, and we immediately become a playoff team.
    Quote Quote