Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

1. -51
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chattanooga, Tennessee, U
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    90% of those on that I mentioned from the hayday years are not there anymore. And for Manning's non talented oline at the time. Glenn LT and Saturday C are both probowlers. Jake Scott at G is definitely no slouch. Please stop saying he had no Oline or talent. The facts show he was surrounded with talent.
    And why the hell shouldn't last year or two years ago be up there with their "hayday" years. They were still a team lead by Manning, a team that was still in the playoffs, and team that still put up a lot of points. Are you only counting the year that they won the super bowl? If you are then you are cherry picking. Again, where were they this year? Question, 2 years ago they almost went undefeated, what key players from two years ago were missing this year? Their entire core was there except for Manning.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathDrunkLove View Post
    And why the hell shouldn't last year or two years ago be up there with their "hayday" years. They were still a team lead by Manning, a team that was still in the playoffs, and team that still put up a lot of points. Are you only counting the year that they won the super bowl? If you are then you are cherry picking. Again, where were they this year? Question, 2 years ago they almost went undefeated, what key players from two years ago were missing this year? Their entire core was there except for Manning.
    After Manning was gone it doesn't take a genius to see that they colts were NOT playing to win. If all they needed was a decent QB why didn't they go get one?
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash2219 View Post
    I see in alot of polls people would choose Flynn over a healthy Manning. That is crazy Peyton would make us an instant superbowl contender. Flynn may have an upside or he may be Kevin Kolb. You choose!!!
    kolb, flynn and matt moore are about same not manning even if he is 60%...how could people want matt flynn over matt moore any way.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After Manning was gone it doesn't take a genius to see that they colts were NOT playing to win. If all they needed was a decent QB why didn't they go get one?
    Now I see the light, they were just playing to lose. Give me a break. They need more than just a solid qb to cure they're ailments and that is what I have been saying. If you had any reading comprehension, you would know that I am saying that the colts for so many years have lived and died by Manning's arm. Please tell me, what "decent" qb was available when Manning had his last surgery on the 8th of September? It's not like they didn't go out there and try to find the best available veteran when they found out Manning wouldn't be playing this year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 39wildman View Post
    kolb, flynn and matt moore are about same not manning even if he is 60%...how could people want matt flynn over matt moore any way.
    What evidence do you have to support that Flynn is the same as Kolb and Moore?? Moore isn't going to take us to the SB, he just isn't. He is very inconsistent. He made several critical mistakes every game last year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 39wildman View Post
    My thought exactly. Matt Flynn may not even be any better than what he have on the roster right now. And you'd have to pay him Kevin Kolb type of numbers. Matt Moore was very solid this last year. But most would agree that we are a franchise qb away from making some serious noise. And we have been this way for the past several years. In all odds flynn will probably be solid to pretty good. Matt Moore was certainly "solid" with a 87.1 qb rating this year. Flynn at best will probably be around 90 to 92 qb rating type of guy. Again solid to very good, but will it be enough to carry us over the hump? Who is to say Moore couldn't do that with a full offseason workouts with the first team offense?
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What evidence do you have to support that Flynn is the same as Kolb and Moore?? Moore isn't going to take us to the SB, he just isn't. He is very inconsistent. He made several critical mistakes every game last year.
    And what evidence do you have that Matt Flynn will be a franchise qb? There is none because he doesn't have much of a track record. He did play for a team that probably has the best depth at WR and a team that overall won the super bowl last year and went 15-1 this year. It's not like he doesn't have talent around him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now I see the light, they were just playing to lose. Give me a break. They need more than just a solid qb to cure they're ailments and that is what I have been saying. If you had any reading comprehension, you would know that I am saying that the colts for so many years have lived and died by Manning's arm. Please tell me, what "decent" qb was available when Manning had his last surgery on the 8th of September? It's not like they didn't go out there and try to find the best available veteran when they found out Manning wouldn't be playing this year.
    You are hilarious. Yeah, lets put Manning behind a line that has Incrapito and Cloumbo on it instead of Glenn and Saturday. Fasano at TE instead of Clark. Hartline instead of Wayne. Bush instead of Addai or James and on and on. Manning doesn't take that team to the SB... Please show me you know something, anything about football. Manning lead the team yes, but the whole team plays. And his earlier teams were stacked with talent. Get off the media hype of "the colts were a one man team". That projects ignorance about the game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And what evidence do you have that Matt Flynn will be a franchise qb? There is none because he doesn't have much of a track record. He did play for a team that probably has the best depth at WR and a team that overall won the super bowl last year and went 15-1 this year. It's not like he doesn't have talent around him.
    First, I never said Flynn is a franchise QB. Don't speak for me that's ignorant. My argument is that Moore isn't going to do it for us. He makes many critical mistakes. So, like many others I feel we need to make a move at QB. What are our options. Manning, 36, 3 neck surguries, health a MAJOR ?. Draft, we are at 9, the top tier guys will be gone by then. FA, Flynn came from the SEC, won a championship, like Rogers has been a back up in the NFl for 4 years on a SB team learning the game on a NFL level. To me he is the obvious choice. Is there risk. Absolutely. Any QB move will involve risk. But Flynn to me is the best route. I am not saying he is a franchise QB. But I d think he can become one.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Greetings People,

I'm a long time reader of FH and this is obviously my first post......I'm honestly amazed at those of you that are eating the cheese on Matt Flynn. Best case scenario is that he is Matt Schaub or Matt Hasselback.......either one of them win a Super Bowl? More likely scenario is he's kevin kolb, aj feeley, scott mitchell......a backup qb!!

On the other hand we are talking about a top 3 all time QB!!! Peyton Manning! To me it's not even close.......

We've had backup qb's starting for us for the last ten years. I've done my best to try and get behind them (Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Henne, Matt Moore), but its always been hard, its always sucked, and not lead to anywhere......3 years of elite talent is better than 10 years of mediocre talent anyday.......

Peyton Manning, RG3 or bust.......say no to the backup qb's. Look where its gotten us! A bold move is the only move for us at QB this year!!

My two cents.
    Quote Quote