Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Day...

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as nobody goes unbeaten it feels like the Dolphins won the Super Bowl again

A great stadium in the heart of a great city would be worth several Super Bowl wins. Hard to get excited with this franchise as long as the higher ups don't recognize what an anchor Dolphin Stadium is. When we find an owner or hire someone who denounces the stadium I'll know we finally have a winner, and a path to escape.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't even imagine my nerves if we were in the Super Bowl. I'd probably shake the whole game.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have seen "this day" twice.

The first time, in '72, I and my family and some other Scouts were camped out in the middle of the Everglades the night before in 30-degree temperatures freezing all night in tents... waiting for the sun to rise so we could break camp and head back to town to watch the Dolphins beat the Skins. EVERYONE... every last one of us... cold hardly wait for that game to begin. There was no one in South Florida in those days who was NOT a Dolphin fan, and the place was a ghost town for those 3 hours of the game. The Water Dept. said later that pressure soared to record levels that afternoon due to lack of usage... people glued to their TV sets.

The next year, it was hurry-up and get home from church. A little less anticipation because there was zero doubt we would destroy the Vikings. I remember most going outside after the game and hearing what sounded like New Year's Eve with all the horns and fireworks being set off at the end of the game.

Funny how I don't remember as much about 1971 and 1982 and 1984. Bob Lilly, John Riggins and Joe Montana pretty much erased those days from my memory.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwastherein72 View Post
    I have seen "this day" twice.

The first time, in '72, I and my family and some other Scouts were camped out in the middle of the Everglades the night before in 30-degree temperatures freezing all night in tents... waiting for the sun to rise so we could break camp and head back to town to watch the Dolphins beat the Skins. EVERYONE... every last one of us... cold hardly wait for that game to begin. There was no one in South Florida in those days who was NOT a Dolphin fan, and the place was a ghost town for those 3 hours of the game. The Water Dept. said later that pressure soared to record levels that afternoon due to lack of usage... people glued to their TV sets.

The next year, it was hurry-up and get home from church. A little less anticipation because there was zero doubt we would destroy the Vikings. I remember most going outside after the game and hearing what sounded like New Year's Eve with all the horns and fireworks being set off at the end of the game.

Funny how I don't remember as much about 1971 and 1982 and 1984. Bob Lilly, John Riggins and Joe Montana pretty much erased those days from my memory.
    Nice! Thanks for sharing
    Quote Quote