Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
Junc, thats a hell of a spin, even for you. I was in a room with about 20 other people with mixed rooting interests and I literally didnt hear a single person say it wasnt a catch.
I would say 90% of average fans don't know the actual rule. Do you recall the Sun Night game btw our teams in '02? the Chambers would be TD catch? Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
[I]N.F.L. Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1: Going to the ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Ball never even hits the ground
That's nice but that's not the rule on sideline plays or OOB plays in the back of the EZ.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
There's the spin
The spin or actually knowing the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
It must be tough to be the only guy that know the rules better than the officials. It is crazy that NFL officials on the biggest stage of the year (looking at the play from more angles than from any other game over and over) can't see what you saw sitting at home watching it on your T.V.
That type of play is called very inconsistently by the officials and my guess is b/c they didn't have a great angle they didn't overturn it but it was clear the ball moved and that makes it incomplete. It's a dumb rule but it is the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
Not many WR's in the league not named "Megatron" make that catch. The pass was horrible in typical Choke style for Brady when it's all on him to win the game.

And not a catch? WHAT!?! Are you serious with that ****?

Mods...Junc should be banned just for that comment alone. hahaa
The pass was more than good enough, most WRs could make that catch and then on the first play after the Giants scored Branch dropped a pass that likely gets them across midfield if he catches it.

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
It was absolutely 100% a catch with a great throw to make it happen. Two feet down inbounds with established possession equals a catch, it was a catch and there is no denying the fact that it was a catch, so stop the nonsense "no catch" spiel. If you want to argue a bad call argue the safety on Brady (even though it won me the first two quarters in reverse on the board) it shouldn't have been intentional grounding and a safety.

As for the elite argument, Eli is better than any QB that the Jets and Miami have had since Marino and in the case of the Jets ever. I would take the kid hands down 100% of the time every time. Kids a baller and plays with poise when it counts, you're just pissed he took your beloved record from buttfumble for most playoff wins on the road, buttfumble was a franchise QB for winning on the road in the playoffs and now Manning is meh..good for doing the same.

Stop it. This is ridiculous.
Do you recall the '02 SN game where they overturned the Chambers TD catch? Unless they have changed the rules which I do not think they have then it was definitely not a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
Great post!

Except, it was intentional grounding.

Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
Did Brady have pressure? Check

Imminent loss of yardage? Check

No realistic chance for any WR to catch it? Check
Except he wasn't in danger when he began to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
That is not true. The ball can move, as long as he maintains possession, which he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7QwZ...ayer_embedded#!
Go to the 3:22 mark for an example.
I can't see the video but I will try to find the chambers play or one that went afainst us in 2005 w/ Coles.