Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -71
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Aaron Rodgers and the Packers won 10 games last season...with a lot more talent than New York has.

That same New York team that beat the defending champs a few weeks ago.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Aaron Rodgers and the Packers won 10 games last season...with a lot more talent than New York has.

they went 15-1 this year and in 4 years as a starter he's led his team to the postseason 3 times. In 2 of the last 3 years Eli hasn't led the Giants to postseason.

and I'd dispute the more talented team statement, the Giants WRs are every bit as good as GBs, if not better. They have equal OLs, the Giants RBs are better and their D is better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two Super Bowl wins.

Two Super Bowl MVPs.

Dispute that.

Can't believe you were rooting for the Patriots, nepunc.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two Super Bowl wins.

Two Super Bowl MVPs.

Dispute that.

Can't believe you were rooting for the Patriots, nepunc.
    That's awesome, he's now in Jim Plunkett territory.

If I lioved in the NE area I'd have rooted for the Giants.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So because you live in New York you rooted for the Patriots?

That's some Debbie Downer **** if I ever heard it. My team sucks so I'm gonna root for the hometown team to lose so that I can be surrounded by people as miserable as I am lol.

Two teams in New York and you picked the wrong one. Be happy for your big brother. Are you not attending the parade this morning?
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If Eli is elite how come he couldn't win more than 10 games w/ a SB championshiop team in 2007 and 9 games this year? shouldn't an elite QB be winning more games? especially w/ that talent?
    Now THIS is the MOST asinine comment I've ever read on this site.

Eli Manning has won 2 Super Bowls and yet you're saying he isn't elite b/c the Giants won 9 games this year. What in the flying **** difference does it make if the Giants won 9, 10, 14, 16 games in the regular season? THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL!
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The refs get it wrong all the time, one ref calls it a catch and the next doesn't. what does that have to do w/ knowing the rule? I think it's a silly rule but I have seen it enforced so many times, they took away a TD from Miami against us in 2002, they took away a 1st down for us at NE in 2003, they took away a TD from us in 2005 against NO. I have seen the play a million times.
    I could give a damn about something that happened 10 years ago, none of that is relevant to this discussion. They took a 1st down away from the Jets 9 years ago? Who the hell knows information like that?

It's awesome to know that the Patriots should've won the SB b/c the refs blew the call against Manningham. This clearly is some defense mechanism you have to make yourself sane. I had respect for you before these comments but now it's all gone. I get that you don't like the Giants and are envious that they've won twice in 4 years (I am too). With that being said, making excuses about reality doesn't change the fact that you're completely wrong.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So because you live in New York you rooted for the Patriots?

That's some Debbie Downer **** if I ever heard it. My team sucks so I'm gonna root for the hometown team to lose so that I can be surrounded by people as miserable as I am lol.

Two teams in New York and you picked the wrong one. Be happy for your big brother. Are you not attending the parade this morning?
    I hate the giants more than any team in any sport(actually it's a tie w/ duke basketball) so why would I root for them? That doesn't make sense, just b/c the Jets stunk doesn't mean I go and root for the Giants. I could never root for the giants.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Now THIS is the MOST asinine comment I've ever read on this site.

Eli Manning has won 2 Super Bowls and yet you're saying he isn't elite b/c the Giants won 9 games this year. What in the flying **** difference does it make if the Giants won 9, 10, 14, 16 games in the regular season? THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL!
    an elite QB wins 13-14 games w/ that talent in that bad division. Eli has played like an elite QB at times but he's not up there w/ Brady and Rodgers, he's a notch below.

By this logic Eli is a better QB than Dan marino or on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I could give a damn about something that happened 10 years ago, none of that is relevant to this discussion. They took a 1st down away from the Jets 9 years ago? Who the hell knows information like that?

It's awesome to know that the Patriots should've won the SB b/c the refs blew the call against Manningham. This clearly is some defense mechanism you have to make yourself sane. I had respect for you before these comments but now it's all gone. I get that you don't like the Giants and are envious that they've won twice in 4 years (I am too). With that being said, making excuses about reality doesn't change the fact that you're completely wrong.
    It's relevant b/c it's the rule and I know info like that b/c I was unaware of the rule at the time but I learned about it after the Chambers play.

I never said the pats should have won the SB, they had chances and couldn't catch passes. I'm simply commenting on two calls that could have gone either way both went in the Giants favor but they earned the win. There's no excuses, it's factual and just b/c you are unaware of the rule doesn't change the facts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's relevant b/c it's the rule and I know info like that b/c I was unaware of the rule at the time but I learned about it after the Chambers play.

I never said the pats should have won the SB, they had chances and couldn't catch passes. I'm simply commenting on two calls that could have gone either way both went in the Giants favor but they earned the win. There's no excuses, it's factual and just b/c you are unaware of the rule doesn't change the facts.
    I'm unaware of the rule? I wasn't aware they called my house during the SB to ask me if the play should stand. I always thought the paid professional head referee was the one who made the decision.

an elite QB wins 13-14 games w/ that talent in that bad division. Eli has played like an elite QB at times but he's not up there w/ Brady and Rodgers, he's a notch below.

By this logic Eli is a better QB than Dan marino or on the same level.
    Tim Hasselbeck was on Mike and Mike today saying it isn't premature to consider Eli Manning a HOF QB. Let me guess, you'd beg to differ right? He's **** b/c he can't lead his team to 13 wins in the regular season which means more than leading your team to the playoffs and winning the SB twice.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

i know ive read on here from you how you have a soft side for the giants for what they did to the bills in that superbowl, and ill admit i dont exactly like the giants, but ill say this.

i think you are underestemating the talent the giants have on their roster. they have had one of the best defensive lines in the nfl for many years, they always have a strong run game for the most part, and they have a very talented group of wide recievers. maybe they dont have any ''top 3'' wr on their team, but with cruz's ability to run with the ball after the catch, nicks is a beast, and manninghamm is a very good 3rd wr, they got talent. Also they have pretty much had the same o line for the past 5 years or so, so they have that going for them.

also, i agree with junc here somewhat. eli manning is a very good qb, but hes not ''great'' yet like brady and peyton for example. those guys do it year in and year out, put up great numbers, lead their teams to 11 plus win seasons on a yearly occasion, division titles, etc.

eli manning has been a part of 2 great runs no doubt, but to be ''elite'' you need to be great in the regular season also. I was listening to a good argument yesterday by mike francesa in ny, and he brought up a good point.

Some caller called in and said how now with 2 superbowls, eli is better than peyton which was comical. his response was '' the majority of the games a player will play in their nfl career is in the regular season, not postseason'', which is a great point. its great to know that he comes up big in these postseason runs when the game is on the line, but he cant do this and then next year go 8-8 and miss the playoffs, and then the following year same thing. elite qbs win double digit games on a consistent basis in the nfl, not just here and their.

as for the superbowl mvps, can we be real for a second. aside for my hate for the giants which i will admit, can we at least admit that the qb is usually given the mvp no matter what unless someone has a standout performance on the other side of the ball ( dexter jackson 2 ints for tds in 2002 for bucs, desmond howard 2 td returns, holmes almost 140 yds including a phenominal gw td catch, etc)

in the first superbowl, i know he led the team down the field, but lets put it in context. aside from the fact that their were 2 dropped ints on that drive that gave them life, the only reason why that drive even mattered was because the giants defense rattled the best qb in the nfl that year by a landslide, and arguably the greatest offense of all time, and held them to 14 pts. 14!!! if it were not for the giants defense, that last drive is irrelevant. to me, the giants entire d line should have been co mvps of that superbowl, and im sure eli manning would prob admit that if u asked him.

this years superbowl,ok. he made clutch throws, the pats best weapon was hobbled and despite that, the defense still allowed big plays, and if not for wide open drops,the pats win, so ill give manning all credit here, he played a mistake free game, big time throws, deserved mvp here.

all in all, im curious to see how manning plays next season and if he can put an entire season together of dominant play, and make that step to being in the mvp discussion year in and year out like a brady, brees,manning, etc.
    Quote Quote