Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 98 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 973

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

  1. -91
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,477
    vCash:
    3933
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You're telling me it isn't fair to compare Eli Manning to other QBs who have won Super Bowls? Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers have all won SBs and have been brought up in this thread. It makes sense to compare them to each other.
    but those guys also all have mvps in the regular season, showing they have dominated the sport for a long duration of that year, and in mannings case 4 seasons.

    their is more to be a great qb than postseason, because although that is the biggest stage and all, their are plenty of people in sports that show up during the big stage, but are not consistent in the regular season, or play on a below par level compared to their postseason play level.

    i dont like comparing sport to sport, but lebron james no doubt is a top talent in the nba, but he has 0 championships, does that mean he is not a top player in the game?

    derek jeter has 5 rings, does that mean he is a better player than ted williams was who has 0 rings and 1 postseason appearance i believe?

    playoffs are a big part, dont get me wrong, but what seperates the top echelon players and the very good players is the ability to perform at a consistently high level in the playoffs and REGULAR SEASON.

    The giants get hot at the right time, thats what happens, and good for them, at the end of the day as long as you win, no one should give it back. But lets be honest, if the giants have a regular season like they had this year, they prob wont make the playoffs next year ( 1st time in 36 years nfc east division winner won 9 or less games)

    if playoffs were all that mattered, dan marino is one of the worst qbs of all time, see how absurd that sounds?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    460
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Hernancez dropped one. Branch dropped on that hit him right in the hands. Welker dropped one that hit him right in the hands. Bottom line is that the QBs job is to get the ball there, and the ball was there. The recievers have to catch the ball.
    Hernandez did drop a gimme. The other two were bad passes. Really bad passes.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    460
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    but those guys also all have mvps in the regular season, showing they have dominated the sport for a long duration of that year, and in mannings case 4 seasons.

    their is more to be a great qb than postseason, because although that is the biggest stage and all, their are plenty of people in sports that show up during the big stage, but are not consistent in the regular season, or play on a below par level compared to their postseason play level.

    i dont like comparing sport to sport, but lebron james no doubt is a top talent in the nba, but he has 0 championships, does that mean he is not a top player in the game?

    derek jeter has 5 rings, does that mean he is a better player than ted williams was who has 0 rings and 1 postseason appearance i believe?

    playoffs are a big part, dont get me wrong, but what seperates the top echelon players and the very good players is the ability to perform at a consistently high level in the playoffs and REGULAR SEASON.

    The giants get hot at the right time, thats what happens, and good for them, at the end of the day as long as you win, no one should give it back. But lets be honest, if the giants have a regular season like they had this year, they prob wont make the playoffs next year ( 1st time in 36 years nfc east division winner won 9 or less games)

    if playoffs were all that mattered, dan marino is one of the worst qbs of all time, see how absurd that sounds?
    Great post. WINS...be it post season or regular season, are TEAM accomplishments. No QB, ever, has went out and played all 22 positions (+ ST's) and won a game of football all by himself.

    QB's who can literally carry bad teams are rare. However, in today's world it seems that every Tom (pun intented), Dick, and Harry is considered to be an "all-time" great because they played in or won a Super Bowl.

    Tom Brady has NEVER...EVER...carried a bad team. He's had great games where he picked up somebody else's slack, but he's never had to carry a team like Marino, Peyton, Elway, or some of the other REAL All-Time greats have had to do.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,932
    vCash:
    24772
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake the great View Post
    nyjunc,

    You realize that Eli carried that whole offense right? their running game was one of the leagues worst and their defense was inconsistent. Eli is top 5 QB

    1. Tom Brady
    2. Aaron Rodgers
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. Eli Manning
    he had maybe the best set of WRs in the league, if anyone carried anyone it was Victor Cruz carrying Eli late in the year.

    It's very possible Eli was the 5th best QB this past season but he still wasn't on a level w/ Brady, Rodgers & Brees(or a healthy Peyton thouhg I'd rather have Eli as my QB in January than Peyton).

    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The angle you saw is the one of you hating the Giants so you're blinded by lies. It's like you being a ***** of the sky and when someone says it's blue, you grasp at straws claiming it's anything but.

    I don't care if he's a hall of famer or not. It's irrelevant to the discussion at this stage in his career b/c he's only 31. All I care about is the present and the present is where he's a two-time SB champion.
    I discuss reality whether for or against teams I like or dislike.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    Great post. WINS...be it post season or regular season, are TEAM accomplishments. No QB, ever, has went out and played all 22 positions (+ ST's) and won a game of football all by himself.

    QB's who can literally carry bad teams are rare. However, in today's world it seems that every Tom (pun intented), Dick, and Harry is considered to be an "all-time" great because they played in or won a Super Bowl.

    Tom Brady has NEVER...EVER...carried a bad team. He's had great games where he picked up somebody else's slack, but he's never had to carry a team like Marino, Peyton, Elway, or some of the other REAL All-Time greats have had to do.
    Tom Brady rescued a fading franchise, no QB carries a team to a SB but a good QB can be the difference maker and in regards to NE & Indy the difference has been play at QB IN Jan/Feb.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,239
    vCash:
    24
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    but those guys also all have mvps in the regular season, showing they have dominated the sport for a long duration of that year, and in mannings case 4 seasons.

    their is more to be a great qb than postseason, because although that is the biggest stage and all, their are plenty of people in sports that show up during the big stage, but are not consistent in the regular season, or play on a below par level compared to their postseason play level.

    i dont like comparing sport to sport, but lebron james no doubt is a top talent in the nba, but he has 0 championships, does that mean he is not a top player in the game?

    derek jeter has 5 rings, does that mean he is a better player than ted williams was who has 0 rings and 1 postseason appearance i believe?

    playoffs are a big part, dont get me wrong, but what seperates the top echelon players and the very good players is the ability to perform at a consistently high level in the playoffs and REGULAR SEASON.

    The giants get hot at the right time, thats what happens, and good for them, at the end of the day as long as you win, no one should give it back. But lets be honest, if the giants have a regular season like they had this year, they prob wont make the playoffs next year ( 1st time in 36 years nfc east division winner won 9 or less games)

    if playoffs were all that mattered, dan marino is one of the worst qbs of all time, see how absurd that sounds?
    He has 2 Super Bowls MVPs. To me, those are more important.

    I'm not going to compare football to any other sport so I'll leave those comments to other people.

    The Giants did what they needed to do to win the Super Bowl. I want that exact situation to happen to the Dolphins. There will always be people that try and diminish that feat. "Oh they only won 9 games this year", "Eli isn't elite b/c they weren't 13-3", "They play in a weak division", "If Gronkowski wasn't hurt, NE wins by 2 TDs - Skip Bayless".

    All of those statements in quotations are all meaningless drivel. They're for the sports talk shows, and ESPN, and the internet. They're all about entertaining. That is not why the game is played.



    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,239
    vCash:
    24
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I discuss reality whether for or against teams I like or dislike.
    Good. In reality, Manningham made the catch, the refs know the rules and got the call right, and the Giants won the Super Bowl. There's nothing more to say.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,932
    vCash:
    24772
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Good. In reality, Manningham made the catch, the refs know the rules and got the call right, and the Giants won the Super Bowl. There's nothing more to say.
    The Giants won but that doesn't mean they got the call right. The Giants did what they had to do and I tip my cap but I can still discuss issues from the games.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,239
    vCash:
    24
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants won but that doesn't mean they got the call right. The Giants did what they had to do and I tip my cap but I can still discuss issues from the games.
    In reality he made the catch. The Giants won the Super Bowl. There is nothing else to say yet you continue to try and bull**** how it went down.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,239
    vCash:
    24
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants won but that doesn't mean they got the call right. The Giants did what they had to do and I tip my cap but I can still discuss issues from the games.
    Show me five people, writers, analysts, anyone, that say the refs blew the catch call.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,449
    vCash:
    0
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Show me five people, writers, analysts, anyone, that say the refs blew the catch call.
    ****, I dont think he can find one.




    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Donald Thomas Worship
    By rev kev in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. I'm Starting a Hank Azaria Worship Site
    By Muck in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:53 AM
  4. **OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread
    By Muck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 08:09 PM
  5. the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread)
    By Predaphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •