Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7374757677787980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -771
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Another 30+ pages with that comment.
    nah, irrelevant posters posting nonsense don't bother me. There's no evidence to back that up, I wouldn't be surprised if it was another poster w/ multiple accounts.
    Quote Quote  

2. -772
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    nah, irrelevant posters posting nonsense don't bother me. There's no evidence to back that up, I wouldn't be surprised if it was another poster w/ multiple accounts.
    It's not. I checked.

Ta-da.

Quote Quote  

3. -773
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I checked too. It isn't a troll account, just a person posting what they believe.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -774
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i expect eli to be as elite this sunday as he was in the nfc championship game last season, without kyle williams fumbling 2 balls to set the giants up in sf territory.

eli manning is a good qb no doubt, but i do believe ppl overrate him a tad on this site, whether they truly believe it or they r doing it to piss junc off, lol.

hes deff led the giants to wins in the playoffs, and has 2 superbowls, but jim plunkett also has 2 superbowls and no one thinks hes near elite. i have never seen jim plunkett play obviously as i am to young, and eli manning may very well be better than him, but the thing that seperates eli from being elite imo is inconsistency.

there are deff times where he looks like he can be the best qb in the nfl, but there are so many other times where he makes those throws where ur saying ''wtf''.

u can show me his stats from last year in the regular season with the 5000 plus yds, but when 3 other qbs did it also, not to say its still not impressive but it takes a bit away from it. watching eli manning, as i have plenty throughout his career, he still has never had that aaron rodgers, tom brady, peyton manning, even drew brees type season where he is so much more dominant then his peers.

again, nothing against him personally, he seems like a great guy, i read a lot living in new york how he does lots of great stuff for the community off the field, etc, but as a player, i believe he is very good, but needs to be more consistent to be elite.

so far this season, the giants have not really been tested yet. they played a decent cowboys team at best week 1 which they looked like crap, they played a below average team in the bucs week 2, and i know eli manning threw for 500 plus yds and 3 tds in the 2nd half, but lets remember, the only reason he had to do that was how ****ty he played in the 1st half by putting the giants in a hole, with a terrible pick 6 to end the 1st half. week 3 he played in carolina where he played imo his best game of the season considering the circumstances not having nicks, and bradshaw being out, and led the giants offense to 34 pts with no turnovers, excellent game. week 4 vs the eagles, u can try and blame tynes all u want for the missed 56 yd fg, but eli manning did not play well that game, including a god awful turnover in the red zone. last week vs cleveland he played well so we shall see what happens.

this week is a major test. the giants have not been consistent this year, have looked sluggish in games they have won ( excepting being at carolina week 3) and are playing vs arguably the best team in the nfl on there home turf. lets see what eli and the giants do.
    Quote Quote  

5. -775
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Romania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I'm an irrelevant poster because I don't have the time to write useless bull**** all day long like you do, ha? I read pretty much everything that's being discussed on this site, and from what I gather you're by FAR the greatest troll here, so your accusing me of trolling when all I did was state my honest opinion about you is kind of ridiculous.

I also bet you became a VIP member and a donator here just so you wouldn't get banned for trolling, because I find it hard to believe that you did it for another reason.

As for the issue being discussed:

FACT: Manning has two SB titles, two MVPs, it should be clear to anyone with at least half a brain that he did a lot to help his team win those trophies.

FACT: If that turd Namath deserves to be in the HOF, so does ELI, without any doubt.

FACT: Everyone on this planet, from TV people to casual fans, from ex-players to analysts, knows that Manningham's sideline catch was a good catch, you're the only person who seems to believe otherwise.

In conclusion, you are probably just frustrated as hell because you know that your ***** QB will never accomplish even half of what Eli did, nor will he ever amount into even half the player that Manning is.

And finally, believe me that I have nothing personal against you, it' just that you are so biased and annoying it's hard to take you seriously and not react to the **** you write. Cheers!
    Quote Quote  

6. -776
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

Has already earned his place in the hall of fame. History will remember him as the most succesful and greatest of the Mannings.

He will win at least one more Super Bowl - when it counts Eli just produces, time after time.
    Quote Quote  

7. -777
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Has already earned his place in the hall of fame. History will remember him as the most succesful and greatest of the Mannings.

He will win at least one more Super Bowl - when it counts Eli just produces, time after time.
    he will never be remembered like peyton, and i dont see the giants winning again with eli
    Quote Quote  

8. -778
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    he will never be remembered like peyton, and i dont see the giants winning again with eli
    Of course he will, Peyton is massive because of his great PR team, that will fade. Eli's success and drive to win even against the odds wont. And why on earth not? They won the Super Bowl last year and have done nothing to prove they are now a lesser side.
    Quote Quote  

9. -779
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Of course he will, Peyton is massive because of his great PR team, that will fade. Eli's success and drive to win even against the odds wont. And why on earth not? They won the Super Bowl last year and have done nothing to prove they are now a lesser side.
    its not a rip on eli that the giants wont win another superbowl with him, they already have 2, thats enough to satisfy the giant fans.

as for being remembered as peyton, there will be very few qbs who will ever be peyton manning. yes he post season numbers are average at best, but how he turned around that colt franchise, had them winning divisions yearly, playoffs yearly, superbowl contenders yearly, 4 nfl mvps, pro bowl and all pro qb yearly, team winning double digit games yearly, superbowl, eli will never be peyton.

people like to only talk about playoffs, but regular season matters a **** load also because if it didnt, our own dan marino would not sniff the hall of fame. eli manning may have had 2 great runs in the playoffs, but his regular seasons for the most part as an nfl qb have been average to a bit above average at best ( last year was by far his best regular season) and his teams records have not been anything to write home about, with the exception of the 2008 season where they went 12-4, which was the best regular season record he has ever had, and did it only once.

eli manning is a very good qb, but he will never be peyton manning.
    Quote Quote  

10. -780
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that the regular season is important but I bet Dan Marino would swap every pass and game he ever played in for a season like Eli had last season.
    Quote Quote