Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -861
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    As a lifelong fan of the Miami Dolphins, it's hard enough being in the shadow of a team like New England all the time.

But it must suck something awful to be in the shadow of a team in your own city.

I can't imagine having to defend my own team in such a way just to stay interested in them.

If Mark Sanchez played as well as Eli does, he'd be the GOAT QB in Jets history probably. Yet you still hold out hope for Sanchez in New York.

I still defend Sanchez to a degree, but that dude is D-O-N-E in New York. He needs to get out while he still has some talent left. Real talk.

Meanwhile, in Miami, Ryan Tannehill looks like the second coming of Dan Marino.
    jcane, eli has not looked elite in the past 3 and a half games.

no ones panicking in new york yet, but even there starting to acknowledge that. he has to have a bounce back game vs cincy and start being more consistent to even be considered elite.

big ben out played eli yesterday and i believe is still the better overall qb
    Quote Quote  

2. -862
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a lifelong fan of the Miami Dolphins, it's hard enough being in the shadow of a team like New England all the time.

But it must suck something awful to be in the shadow of a team in your own city.

I can't imagine having to defend my own team in such a way just to stay interested in them.

If Mark Sanchez played as well as Eli does, he'd be the GOAT QB in Jets history probably. Yet you still hold out hope for Sanchez in New York.

I still defend Sanchez to a degree, but that dude is D-O-N-E in New York. He needs to get out while he still has some talent left. Real talk.

Meanwhile, in Miami, Ryan Tannehill looks like the second coming of Dan Marino.
    you can deflect all you want but that doesn't help your case and we were the #1 team in town while the elite one was throwing 25 INTs and leading his team to miss the playoffs 2 straight years while we nearly made SBs.

we don't have a great QB history so Eli would be #1, that means nothing. He's still not elite.

2nd coming of marino? Marino used to be able to execute in late game situations and the 2 look nothing alike but maybe if Ryan gets a perm he'll look like Dan.
    Quote Quote  

3. -863
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you can deflect all you want but that doesn't help your case and we were the #1 team in town while the elite one was throwing 25 INTs and leading his team to miss the playoffs 2 straight years while we nearly made SBs.

we don't have a great QB history so Eli would be #1, that means nothing. He's still not elite.

2nd coming of marino? Marino used to be able to execute in late game situations and the 2 look nothing alike but maybe if Ryan gets a perm he'll look like Dan.
    Oh, ok.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    jcane, eli has not looked elite in the past 3 and a half games.

no ones panicking in new york yet, but even there starting to acknowledge that. he has to have a bounce back game vs cincy and start being more consistent to even be considered elite.

big ben out played eli yesterday and i believe is still the better overall qb
    It's becoming more and more difficult to tell the difference between your posts and junk's posts.

It's a good thing we have usernames around here lol.

Quote Quote  

4. -864
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh, ok.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

It's becoming more and more difficult to tell the difference between your posts and junk's posts.

It's a good thing we have usernames around here lol.
    im just saying, he has not looked anything like an elite qb the past 3 and a half games. overall this season he has not even played well that. that is the difference between the elite ones ( rodgers, brady, peyton) and the good ones ( eli) those guys are consistently good, all have mvps, and they are good week to week with the occasional stinkers, as with eli, he deff puts up great games, but he will go through stretches of being good and not good to frequently.

its early though, will see if the giants offense can get its act together. not calling someone elite isnt a knock on them, i just think theres a decent size gap between guys like brady, rodgers, peyton, to eli manning.
    Quote Quote  

5. -865
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't frequently post but I find it funny in skimming through post that Mark Sanchez continually does what he needed to do to make his team win but Eli is not worthy of contention because he is carried by the play-makers around him and a strong defense, hence the resulting Super Bowl wins.

If Eli was average such as Sanchez would that mean Sanchez should have at least 1 Super Bowl win by now? I mean the Jets clearly have more play-makers than the Giants (or they did) and the defense is better (or it was) so what is the only difference...............hhuuummmmm...........
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote  

6. -866
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Fin View Post
    I don't frequently post but I find it funny in skimming through post that Mark Sanchez continually does what he needed to do to make his team win but Eli is not worthy of contention because he is carried by the play-makers around him and a strong defense, hence the resulting Super Bowl wins.

If Eli was average such as Sanchez would that mean Sanchez should have at least 1 Super Bowl win by now? I mean the Jets clearly have more play-makers than the Giants (or they did) and the defense is better (or it was) so what is the only difference...............hhuuummmmm...........
    what does one have to do w/ the other? when have I said Mark is elite? when have I said Eli was average? You are doing nothing but making stuff up and if you think the Jets had better weapons than Cruz, Nicks, Bradshaw, etc... at any time w/ Sanchez then I can't help you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -867
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -868
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eli has given me 3 points in both of my last 2 fantasy games. Douche...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -869
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    eli has given me 3 points in both of my last 2 fantasy games. Elite!
    fify.

Quote Quote  

10. -870
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Phil Simms adds his thoughts:

"No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said on the show when the topic of Manning being elite came up. "Because when I hear the word elite, Iím thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

"I always bring up Aaron Rodgers," Simms continued. "He is one of them. So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...eli-isnt-elite
    Quote Quote