Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 88899091929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -921
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    We did back in to a small degree. That's why I didn't get excited about it.

You may have heard me say a time or two that I just don't give a **** about getting to the playoffs. It's irrelevant. Wake me when we get to a Super Bowl. Until then, I'm not getting excited about playoff football.

I love how you say "the bottom of the AFC East" and don't mention the Jets. I think you may have planned it that way but I'm not sure.

The last decade the Jets are a top five AFC team?

Indianapolis Colts
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Baltimore Ravens
    New England Patriots

You really believe that you guys belong in that group? If you say yes, then you're verifying that the AFC has been bad for quite sometime now lol.

I disagree w/ you, I don't think teams back in. You either win the required # of games to make it in a given year or you don't.

The Jets are 5th in playoff apps and until yesterday were 4th in playoff wins in the last decade so yes we are a top 5 AFC team over the last decade.
    Quote Quote  

2. -922
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I disagree w/ you, I don't think teams back in. You either win the required # of games to make it in a given year or you don't.

The Jets are 5th in playoff apps and until yesterday were 4th in playoff wins in the last decade so yes we are a top 5 AFC team over the last decade.
    We backed in to a degree. We won the games we needed to win. The Patriots losing Tom Brady was just something that happens. It's the NFL. Guys get hurt all the time and teams lose good players that mean a lot to their W/L column. We came out with a new offense that no one had seen, they couldn't stop it, we reaped the rewards as a result. Later on, people figured out how to stop that nonsense.

You guys need this team and that team to lose. Shockingly, the teams that you need to lose are the ones who have bye weeks, or whatever and are resting players. That's backing in to me. You got there but not because you went out and played great football. Once you got there you played like you mattered all along, but I think we all knew that it wouldn't last.

And I'd stick the San Diego Chargers in over the Jets for 5th best in the AFC over the past decade.

Quote Quote  

3. -923
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we got a break w/ a qtr and half of Indy backups, we took advantage like a good team does. In 1993 we needed to beat Hou backups to make the playoffs and we lost 24-0

2002-2012:

playoff apps:
    Jets: 5
    SD: 5

playoff wins:
    Jets 6
    SD 3

The Jets were also 2-0 against SD in postseason w/ both wins coming in SD.

The Jets get the edge.

We were about even w/ Baltimore until this year. They had 1 more playoff app and were tied in playoff wins, now they have 2 more apps and 1 more win.
    Quote Quote  

4. -924
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I'll take the GREAT Manning brother.

Eli wins again tonight.
    Quote Quote  

5. -925
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I'll take the GREAT Manning brother.

Eli wins again tonight.
    the main argument in this thread is not peyton vs eli, its whether eli is elite or not.

even junc who has argued to death how eli is not elite has said he would take eli over peyton in playoff games.

tonight does not go one way or another in elis defense of being elite or not
    Quote Quote  

6. -926
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I'll take Eli Manning, who is more than good enough to get me to the playoffs, and then becomes the greatest QB of all-time in the playoffs.

Seems pretty elite to me.
    Quote Quote  

7. -927
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I'll take Eli Manning, who is more than good enough to get me to the playoffs, and then becomes the greatest QB of all-time in the playoffs.

u do realize that 3 of the seasons the giants have made the playoffs with him under center, there record has been 8-8, and 9-7 2x.

now, say what u want about how at least they made it ,etc, but u know very well that those are records that teams miss the postseason with a good amount of times ( yes i know teams have made it with those records) so when u take into account that hes missed the playoffs several times period, then take into account that 3 of the times hes gotten in with those records,meaning it was most likely the benefit of being in a weak conference, does not seem so impressive.

he deff has taken advantage opps in the playoffs twice, but still, u i just dont see how when you grade is overall play, take into account all the situations, his reg season play, and truth be told, every season the giants have made the playoffs with manning, obviously the 2 superbowls, but every other one they have been one and done, and most of the games were not even close in those situations.

in order to be elite, imo, u need to be consistent. i know u like eli manning a lot, but r u really going to say hes been consistent? week to week with him u do not know what u r going to get, thats why we always here is the ''good'' eli going to show up, or the '' bad'' eli going to show up. u dont here this with guys like brady, rodgers, peyton ( and yes i know he lost another playoff game tonight, but he still has been to as many superbowls as eli, and won 1, and his regular season performance is on another level than eli, and yes reg season does count bc if it did not, marino would be nothing)

eli is good, i just do not know if its elite. u can laugh all u want when i say this, but watching flaccos career so far, i know he does not have rings, but a few slight breaks here or there, how far are they apart eli and flacco? flacco also has made playoffs every single season of career and won playoff games in each of them. his defenses have just not been as stellar in the playoffs in certain situations as opposed to the giants who have.

another similarity between the 2 is that week to week they are inconsistent, there are weeks in which flacco looks like a top 3 qb in the nfl, and there are weeks in which flacco looks like hes bottom 5. same with eli, there are weeks where he looks like hes top 3, and others where he looks like hes in the bottom half.
    Quote Quote  

8. -928
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

more than good enough except for 3 of the past 4 years in a mediocre division w/ elite talent around him.

I'll take Eli in a big game over Peyton but Peyton at least gets his teams to postseason. Give me Peyton reg season and eli post and you have the perfect QB.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

more than good enough excpet 3 of the past 4 years in a mediocre division w/ elite talent around him.

he's not the greateast QB of all time in the playoffs, he had 2 good runs where his D dominated. he didn't deserve either MVP but he did have 2 very good postseasons, remember outside of those 2 runs he hasn't won a playoff game in any other seasons and he has played for 9 years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -929
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So if Eli gets to the playoffs four times and wins the Super Bowl twice, and Peyton gets to the playoffs 12 times and wins the Super Bowl once, which would you rather have overall?
    Quote Quote  

10. -930
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    So if Eli gets to the playoffs four times and wins the Super Bowl twice, and Peyton gets to the playoffs 12 times and wins the Super Bowl once, which would you rather have overall?
    Yeah but how many conference championship games did each play in? Thats the real important question here.

Quote Quote