Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -111
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    This is where your argument fails epically.

This ball NEVER touched the ground and was always cradled in his arm. No where in any rule does it say the ball "CAN NOT" move, it merely states it can not touch the ground while moving. If this ball hits the ground in anyway than it isn't a catch but it clearly did not hit the ground once during the catch and tackle out of bounds.

I am truly sorry you are making yourself look like such a fool by arguing an invalid point. Usually your arguments are much more football sound but this one is clearly flawed beyond belief.
    I hate to admit it, bro, but junc is right about the definition.

If a player isn't out of bounds the ball can move, not touch the ground and be complete.

However, if the ball is moving after the player is out of bounds, even if it never touches the ground, it's incomplete.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that if a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Look at what I underlined and bolded. This is talking about the endzone and field of play. Not out of bounds.

If a player goes to the ground out-of-bounds (with or without contact by an
    opponent) in the process of making a catch at the sideline, he must maintain complete and continuous
    control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, or the pass is incomplete.

This is the out-of-bounds rule and it clearly states that if the WR loses control, ie bobbles the ball, it's incomplete. Bobble doesn't equal touch the ground.

Junc is right about this.
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    You're really delusional man. Manning has a great overall post season resume. His teams, however, do not. Where as Brady has a worse overall post season resume while playing on some great teams. Let me guess, you like to cherry pick in order to disregard what refutes your opinions of Brady and Manning, right? Well, you can't look at the very tip of Jessica Alba's pinky toe and declare her beautiful without looking at the rest of her.

The FACTS are, Brady, over his last 13 post season games, has produced SHEET! 8 of those 13 games he failed to reach a 90 QBR with 6 of those 8 being under 80. In 7 of his last 13 games he's thrown as many or more INT's than TD's.

These are all games played AFTER spygate, mind you.
    Manning's postseason resume is average, he doesn't even have Eli's postseason resume let alone Brady. #s never tell the whole story as I explained last week.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    from the offical NFL rulebook at nfl.com:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ass_Fumble.pdf
    This never says the ball can't move. It just says he has to maintain control of the ball. The ball never touching the ground is pretty much the definition of having control of it...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    However, this is all a moot point. The ball never moved except when Manningham held it up in the air.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This never says the ball can't move. It just says he has to maintain control of the ball. The ball never touching the ground is pretty much the definition of having control of it...
    Yes it does.

Geez...I'm surprised so many people don't know the out-of-bounds catch rule in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Manning's postseason resume is average, he doesn't even have Eli's postseason resume let alone Brady. #s never tell the whole story as I explained last week.
    Now you think Eli is better? hahhhahahaha? Dude, stop going by TEAM accomplishments.

Barry Sanders sucked. He never won a Super Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    "complete and continous control: tells us it can't move, I have seen catches overturned b/c a ball moved an inch and you could tell the ball moved. The angle was not great and maybe the offical didn't feel he had enough evidence but it's pretty clear the ball moved. watch when his elbow hits the ground

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...cdOja3v0-1.gif
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Junc is right about this.
    So he's the only person in the country who is right and everyone else isn't? GTFO with this ****

Quote Quote  

9. -119
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes it does.

Geez...I'm surprised so many people don't know the out-of-bounds catch rule in the NFL.
    It doesn't say anything about the ball not moving, it says remain continuous control. That's the issue though, it's an interpretive statement. However, I'm sure it was written that way to let the referee make the call. I simply don't see how anyone can call a ball that never touches the ground incomplete. The very definition of a completion is that a ball is thrown and doesn't touch the ground. That ball never touched the ground, if it moved it was minimal, and he had 2 feet in bounds. There was no other way to call that play.

If that play was called incorrectly, you can be damn sure it would be all over the sports world. There would be countless articles about how a blown call cost the Patriots their title. I've yet to see one even question it, nevermind actually accuse it of being wrong...
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    "complete and continous control: tells us it can't move, I have seen catches overturned b/c a ball moved an inch and you could tell the ball moved. The angle was not great and maybe the offical didn't feel he had enough evidence but it's pretty clear the ball moved. watch when his elbow hits the ground

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...cdOja3v0-1.gif
    Do your eyes see things normal human beings see? In that clip, the ball doesn't move at all at any point. So WTF are you talking about?
    Quote Quote