Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -131
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    So it's the comprehension you're having a problem with.

No, I never said he was correct about the ball moving. I said his definition was correct.
    Insult me all you like.

"His" definition was brought up by him to validate his point about the ball moving (in his mind). It didn't move. The rule doesn't apply to the catch b/c it didn't move.

Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    I hate to admit it, bro, but junc is right about the definition.

If a player isn't out of bounds the ball can move, not touch the ground and be complete.
    However, if the ball is moving after the player is out of bounds, even if it never touches the ground, it's incomplete.
    Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It doesn't have to touch the ground:

where does it mention anything about touching the ground? it says "COMPLETE AND CONTINUOUS CONTROL", the ball bobbling does not indicate complete and continuous control, does it?

My link is DIRECLY from the rule book at NFL.com

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ass_Fumble.pdf
    My quote came from the item directly above in the same section dude. So the ref ruled he had complete and continuous control and the ball did not touch the ground.

Sorry man = catch all day long.

COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS
    Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass.
    A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward
    pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
    (a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
    (b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
    (c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to
    perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it,
    advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).
    Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long
    enough to do so.

Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of
    possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.
    If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any part of his body other than his hands
    to the ground, or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous, it is not a catch.

Item 1: Player Going to the Ground.��If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
    without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting
    the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches
    the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching
    the ground, the pass is complete.

Item 2: Sideline Catches.�� If a player goes to the ground out-of-bounds (with or without contact by an
    opponent) in the process of making a catch at the sideline, he must maintain complete and continuous
    control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, or the pass is incomplete.

Item 3: End Zone Catches.��If a player controls the ball while in the end zone, both feet, or any part of his body
    other than his hands, must be completely on the ground before losing control, or the pass is incomplete.
    Last edited by NY8123; 02-07-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

3. -133
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Out of bounds completely or his body out of bounds but two feet in? The ball didn't move so even mentioning what it would be considered if it did move is pointless in this discussion.
    I'm glad you know what I meant. These people treating everyone else like they are football retarded gets old...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -134
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm glad you know what I meant. These people treating everyone else like they are football retarded gets old...
    His body was falling out of bounds but everyone except cavemen (sorry Geico) knows that it's all about your two feet being in as being the important part.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [quote]
    Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession. [quote]

I don't know how this discussion is even continuing on but the information above should put an end to any talk about him not having total control (which never happened).
    Quote Quote  

6. -136

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=PhinzN703;1064203611][quote]
    Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

I don't know how this discussion is even continuing on but the information above should put an end to any talk about him not having total control (which never happened).
    Boom. Roasted.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No, complete and continuous control tells YOU it can't move. YOU are interpreting it that way. No where in the rule book does it say the ball can't move. You are assuming that information based on a purposely vague description meant to allow the referee leeway on different scenarios. You are assuming your interpretation of the rule if correct and everyone else's, including the referees, the NFL, and the entire sports journalism world's, is wrong. Are you really so arrogant as to think that your subjective interpretation of the rule is correct and everyone else's is not...?

EDIT: Also, that ball never ever touches the ground. How can you call a pass that never touches the ground incomplete...?
    I am not interpreting it that way, it's pretty clear plus I have seen it explained during games and called that way during games.

In regards to your last sentence, I don't disagree w/ you but that's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I'll be honest. I've never "met" someone like you on a message board before. I don't know why you spin **** the way you do but I guess it's just the way you are. The clip you provide shows no ball movement whatsoever yet you say it does. It's baffling
    it's not spin, I post what i think is correct no matter what it is. It sure as heck looks like the ball moves when his elbow hits the ground. I'm not sure how you can miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Wrong!

My quote came from the item directly above in the same section dude. So the ref ruled he had complete and continuous control and the ball did not touch the ground.

Sorry man = catch all day long.
    You highlighted so much stuff and you are still wrong, all that matters is the sideline rule where he must "maintain complete and continuous possession". The movement part was for a catch in the field of play. This isn't that difficult.

I'm not treating anyone like they are idiots, if you think that I apologize but I'm being treated as you describe b/c I know the rule and most people don't. It doesn't make me better than anyone but I have seen this play tons of times in games so I know it, before I saw it applied in a game I didn't know it either.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=PhinzN703;1064203611][quote]
    Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

[QUOTE=Locke;1064203613][QUOTE=PhinzN703;1064203611]

Boom. Roasted.
    You guys are killing me, that is not the SIDELINE rule! I posted the exact definition from NFL.com and the OFFICIAL rule book.

from the offical NFL rulebook at nfl.com:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ass_Fumble.pdf

Sideline Catches.�� If a player goes to the ground out-of-bounds (with or without contact by an
    opponent) in the process of making a catch at the sideline, he must maintain complete and continuous
    control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, or the pass is incomplete.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not treating anyone like they are idiots, if you think that I apologize but I'm being treated as you describe b/c I know the rule and most people don't. It doesn't make me better than anyone but I have seen this play tons of times in games so I know it, before I saw it applied in a game I didn't know it either.
    It wasn't in reference to you. Whatever other people call you, the one thing they can't is condescending. I don't think I've ever seen you talking down to anyone...
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You highlighted so much stuff and you are still wrong, all that matters is the sideline rule where he must "maintain complete and continuous possession". The movement part was for a catch in the field of play. This isn't that difficult.
    If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.
    Quote Quote