Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -681
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    why didn't other Giant Wrs w/ probably more talent accumulate such great #s? I'm not a #s guy, #s are part of it but having watched the giants pretty much every game it was obvious to Stevie Wonder that Cruz was a difference maker. You don't luck into a season like he had, I don't care if Marino or Brady are your QBs let alone Eli Manning.
    Because slot receivers are the best way to exploit defenses in today's NFL. Slot receivers are having field days in the league if you have a competent QB. Wes Welker isn't a #1 receiver. Pierre Garcon, Davone Bess, Lance Moore, Percy Harvin, Steve Breaston...why are these guys producing?

Davone Bess went to Hawaii. Lance Moore went to Toledo. Pierre Garcon went to something called Mount Union. 6th round draft pick. Wasn't Victor Cruz a 6th round pick out of UMASS? I'm supposed to believe that these guys slipped thru the cracks of elite college football recruiters and past NFL scouts only to become incredible slot receivers in the NFL? Peyton Manning didn't help Pierre Garcon? Lance Moore would be this good without Drew Brees?

C'mon...

Quote Quote  

2. -682
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Because slot receivers are the best way to exploit defenses in today's NFL. Slot receivers are having field days in the league if you have a competent QB. Wes Welker isn't a #1 receiver. Pierre Garcon, Davone Bess, Lance Moore, Percy Harvin, Steve Breaston...why are these guys producing?

Davone Bess went to Hawaii. Lance Moore went to Toledo. Pierre Garcon went to something called Mount Union. 6th round draft pick. Wasn't Victor Cruz a 6th round pick out of UMASS? I'm supposed to believe that these guys slipped thru the cracks of elite college football recruiters and past NFL scouts only to become incredible slot receivers in the NFL? Peyton Manning didn't help Pierre Garcon? Lance Moore would be this good without Drew Brees?

C'mon...
    Wes Welker catches a million 5 yard passes, he doesn't turn them into 70-80-90 yd TDs. trust me Cruz is no Welker, welker had a career high 9 TDs this season- Cruz had 9 TDs. Welker had a career high in yds this year by far and only had 33 more yds than Cruz who only started 7 games. Cruz averaged almost 19 yds per rec, Welker almost 13(his career high). cruz is a playmaker, Welker is a possession guy.

The guys you mentioned are producing b/c they are talented players. Pierre Garcon has the best year of his career this year w/o Peyton by the way and he killed Cromartie in the playoffs in 2010 and our Dbs in the title game in 2009.

cruz was undrafted.
    Quote Quote  

3. -683
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wes Welker catches a million 5 yard passes, he doesn't turn them into 70-80-90 yd TDs. trust me Cruz is no Welker, welker had a career high 9 TDs this season- Cruz had 9 TDs. Welker had a career high in yds this year by far and only had 33 more yds than Cruz who only started 7 games. Cruz averaged almost 19 yds per rec, Welker almost 13(his career high). cruz is a playmaker, Welker is a possession guy.

The guys you mentioned are producing b/c they are talented players. Pierre Garcon has the best year of his career this year w/o Peyton by the way and he killed Cromartie in the playoffs in 2010 and our Dbs in the title game in 2009.

cruz was undrafted.
    It helps to have an Elite QB too!

Imagine what Bess could be!
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -684
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks

cruz was undrafted.
    Herro I'm not ristening to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINQ9LZKfAc
    Quote Quote  

5. -685
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yeah but can you provide two!
    Quote Quote  

6. -686
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

I can't see the video but I'm assuming you found him going deep against us last year on a blown coverage or maybe one of his other few long plays but the man averages 11.1 yds per rec for his career, Cruz avaregd 18.7 a year ago, do you see the difference?
    Quote Quote  

7. -687
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Cruz did not "make a couple of guys miss." You guys had your hands on him.

That's piss poor tackling from an "elite" defense.
    That and #33 Smith can't run for **** so Cruz runs right by him

Quote Quote  

8. -688
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't see the video but I'm assuming you found him going deep against us last year on a blown coverage or maybe one of his other few long plays but the man averages 11.1 yds per rec for his career, Cruz avaregd 18.7 a year ago, do you see the difference?
    The video is Welker's 99-yd TD against the Dolphins in the opener in 2011. Pats were up 14 with 6 mins left and had a 1st and 10 at their own 1 yd line.
    Quote Quote  

9. -689
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The mother ****er is like a perpetual motion machine.
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote  

10. -690
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread is too quiet. Quick, someone insult the Jets so we can continue on!
    Quote Quote