Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

1. -61
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    Great post!

Except, it was intentional grounding.

Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
    Did Brady have pressure? Check

Imminent loss of yardage? Check

No realistic chance for any WR to catch it? Check
    Oh I know the rule but the difference is Brady threw that ball 30 yards down field and a break or cut by the receiver could make that difference in the grounding. If it had been a 5 yard throw I could see it 100% hell I could even see given the situation in this Super Bowl, it wasn't a blown call it was interpretation of the rule and enforced based on the refs judgment. So if there is a call you can argue it would be that call but it wasn't a bad call and it wasn't a good call in my opinion and it could have gone either way.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't I tell you guys he'd have no trouble at all coming up with a way to discredit Eli?

Good grief at the **** I've read here.

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Didn't I tell you guys he'd have no trouble at all coming up with a way to discredit Eli?

Re competition for your most prized badge: the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hernandez dropped a gimme, but other than that what passes are you talking about? Maybe the high and outside pass thrown to a Welker who was wide open? Or how about the pass thrown to Branch who was wide open coming across the middle that was about 5 feet behind him?

Brady did not play like an all-time great last night as he has sucked in nearly all of his last 10-12 post season games. He's a choke artist who can't win the big one if his defense doesn't bail him out.
    Hernancez dropped one. Branch dropped on that hit him right in the hands. Welker dropped one that hit him right in the hands. Bottom line is that the QBs job is to get the ball there, and the ball was there. The recievers have to catch the ball.

Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If out of bounds the ball can't move. The ball didn't move. Junc is thinking that it moved because of the way he was holding it when he held it up.
    The ball did move.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The ball didnt jar loose. He never did not have possession. And no, I dont remember the '02 game. I was 12 at the time so Im not sure what exactly happened. All I know is that room I was in last night was comprised of a number of casual fans, but also a fair amount of die hards. Nobody disagreed with the call on the field after the replay.
    very few fans actually know the rule. Unless it has quietly been changed in recent years the play should have been ruled incomplete, the ball cannot move an inch in that situation and it clearly did.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What does it say when you're the only one saying it isn't a catch? You're telling me that the referees, who looking at the replay 4,500 times got it wrong and you, after seeing it 5 times, are more in the know than they are?

I get that you hate the Giants but Jesus Christ, you have to make sense to be taken seriously.
    The refs get it wrong all the time, one ref calls it a catch and the next doesn't. what does that have to do w/ knowing the rule? I think it's a silly rule but I have seen it enforced so many times, they took away a TD from Miami against us in 2002, they took away a 1st down for us at NE in 2003, they took away a TD from us in 2005 against NO. I have seen the play a million times.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Not to mention the play was reviewed and was still determined to be a catch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    as we know the refs NEVER screw up a replay

I'm not discrediting him I'm discussing reality, the better QB lost the game the other day. Eli played well but got the 2nd SB MVP he didn't deserve. Where would NYG have been if they didn't hurt Brady and hold them down to 17 pts? the D also scored. Tuck had 2 sacks(one big one) and forced a grounding for a safety- how was he not the MVP?

If Eli is elite how come he couldn't win more than 10 games w/ a SB championshiop team in 2007 and 9 games this year? shouldn't an elite QB be winning more games? especially w/ that talent?
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Average QBs don't beat elite QBs TWICE in Super Bowls. Average QBs don't win Super Bowls anymore.

The only way your "argument" could be any worse is if we auto-tuned it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The ball did move.

as we know the refs NEVER screw up a replay

Dude, since when were you appointed to the NFL officiating committee? Seriously, what makes YOUR understanding of the rules better than any other NFL fan?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    with a Shoutout to dShifty:

again "elite teams" don't go 7-7 (with wins against sub .400 teams) and be gifted through the backdoor into the playoffs, and go 8-8 in between a decent season where they still did not even win their division. "Elite" teams actually win 2 conference titles in 4 years instead of bragging about contending for them, make it to 2 superbowls and actually win them. There's only one "elite team" in the NY metro area and it sure ain't the baby brother. And as far as the 2 time SB MVP, there's a helluva lot more justification to label him as "elite" compared to the other team who essentially squats in his stadium

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../11r92rp-1.jpg<br><br>
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Average QBs don't beat elite QBs TWICE in Super Bowls. Average QBs don't win Super Bowls anymore.

The only way your "argument" could be any worse is if we auto-tuned it.
    he wasn't facing Brady he was facing the 31st ranked defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    with a Shoutout to dShifty:

again "elite teams" don't go 7-7 (with wins against sub .400 teams) and be gifted through the backdoor into the playoffs, and go 8-8 in between a decent season where they still did not even win their division. "Elite" teams actually win 2 conference titles in 4 years instead of bragging about contending for them, make it to 2 superbowls and actually win them. There's only one "elite team" in the NY metro area and it sure ain't the baby brother. And as far as the 2 time SB MVP, there's a helluva lot more justification to label him as "elite" compared to the other team who essentially squats in his stadium

The Giants were 7-7 and got 2 gifts playing 2 mediocre teams to end the year. It onl;y counts if the Jets were 7-7?

Congrats to the Gianyts and Eli, they earned their title. Eli was really good and the team played their best football when it mattered most. Eli had his best year by far(depsite not putting up his best #s) and if he continues to play like this I'll consider him elite rather than one good year in '08 then another good one in '11. An elite QB would not be winning 10 and 9 games w/ those 2 SB teams.
    Quote Quote