Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 973

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Eli Manning Worship Thread ***

  1. -81
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,457
    vCash:
    10631
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    also, i agree with junc here somewhat. eli manning is a very good qb, but hes not ''great'' yet like brady and peyton for example. those guys do it year in and year out, put up great numbers, lead their teams to 11 plus win seasons on a yearly occasion, division titles, etc.

    eli manning has been a part of 2 great runs no doubt, but to be ''elite'' you need to be great in the regular season also. I was listening to a good argument yesterday by mike francesa in ny, and he brought up a good point.
    Give me Eli Manning then. You and Junc can concern yourselves all day and night about having 14-2 regular seasons. Give me the guy who's the QB of a team that's won 2 Super Bowls in MY conscience lifetime as opposed to my actual favorite team that hasn't done a ****ing thing for me as a fan ever.



    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,752
    vCash:
    5542
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Give me Eli Manning then. You and Junc can concern yourselves all day and night about having 14-2 regular seasons. Give me the guy who's the QB of a team that's won 2 Super Bowls in MY conscience lifetime as opposed to my actual favorite team that hasn't done a ****ing thing for me as a fan ever.
    no one said they wouldnt take manning on the team.

    also, you make it seem like brady and peyton along with their great regular seasons have not won anything in their careers, but only have great regular season stats. they have both.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I'm unaware of the rule? I wasn't aware they called my house during the SB to ask me if the play should stand. I always thought the paid professional head referee was the one who made the decision.



    Tim Hasselbeck was on Mike and Mike today saying it isn't premature to consider Eli Manning a HOF QB. Let me guess, you'd beg to differ right? He's **** b/c he can't lead his team to 13 wins in the regular season which means more than leading your team to the playoffs and winning the SB twice.
    Again, the paid professionals do get it wrong from time to time. I am not 100% sure he was wrong, I don't know if the rule has been tweaked but I don't think it has. I also didn't see a great angle so maybe that played a role?

    Let the overreactions begin, the man has maybe one Hall worthy season and now b/c he got hot and had great defense and receivers he's a HOFer. Can we calm down w/ that silly talk? If he keeps this up a few more years maybe but he's not close to a HOFer right now- Not even in the discussion.



    I'm not taking anything away from Eli, he's a very good QB now but all this elite and HOF talk is just silly.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,752
    vCash:
    5542
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Again, the paid professionals do get it wrong from time to time. I am not 100% sure he was wrong, I don't know if the rule has been tweaked but I don't think it has. I also didn't see a great angle so maybe that played a role?

    Let the overreactions begin, the man has maybe one Hall worthy season and now b/c he got hot and had great defense and receivers he's a HOFer. Can we calm down w/ that silly talk? If he keeps this up a few more years maybe but he's not close to a HOFer right now- Not even in the discussion.



    I'm not taking anything away from Eli, he's a very good QB now but all this elite and HOF talk is just silly.
    its unfortunate, because in the sports world we live in today, people like to only judge qbs on superbowls and nothing else.

    And while superbowls are obviously the ultimate goal of every team/player each year, teams win superbowls, not players. if peoples only claim as to why eli manning should be in the hall of fame is due to 2 superbowls, that weak. he needs other credentials also. jim plunkett also has 2 superbowls, hes not in.

    if eli continues to play like he did at the end of the season for the next 5-6 years consistently, he will no doubt be a HALL OF FAMER.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,005
    vCash:
    10212
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eli Manning is Derek Jeter.

    Peyton Manning is Alex Rodriguez.

    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Eli Manning is Derek Jeter.

    Peyton Manning is Alex Rodriguez.
    Brady is Jeter but the other comparison is valid. Eli is more Scott Brosius
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    Blake the great's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    331
    vCash:
    1288
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nyjunc,

    You realize that Eli carried that whole offense right? their running game was one of the leagues worst and their defense was inconsistent. Eli is top 5 QB

    1. Tom Brady
    2. Aaron Rodgers
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. Eli Manning
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,457
    vCash:
    10631
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    no one said they wouldnt take manning on the team.

    also, you make it seem like brady and peyton along with their great regular seasons have not won anything in their careers, but only have great regular season stats. they have both.
    I'm not making it seem like anything. I don't even give a **** about Eli Manning but to say he isn't elite isn't true. Criticizing him for leading the Giants to only 9 wins while Rodgers had 15 is hilarious considering Manning's team beat GB.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,457
    vCash:
    10631
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Again, the paid professionals do get it wrong from time to time. I am not 100% sure he was wrong, I don't know if the rule has been tweaked but I don't think it has. I also didn't see a great angle so maybe that played a role?

    Let the overreactions begin, the man has maybe one Hall worthy season and now b/c he got hot and had great defense and receivers he's a HOFer. Can we calm down w/ that silly talk? If he keeps this up a few more years maybe but he's not close to a HOFer right now- Not even in the discussion.



    I'm not taking anything away from Eli, he's a very good QB now but all this elite and HOF talk is just silly.
    The angle you saw is the one of you hating the Giants so you're blinded by lies. It's like you being a ***** of the sky and when someone says it's blue, you grasp at straws claiming it's anything but.

    I don't care if he's a hall of famer or not. It's irrelevant to the discussion at this stage in his career b/c he's only 31. All I care about is the present and the present is where he's a two-time SB champion.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,457
    vCash:
    10631
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    its unfortunate, because in the sports world we live in today, people like to only judge qbs on superbowls and nothing else.

    And while superbowls are obviously the ultimate goal of every team/player each year, teams win superbowls, not players. if peoples only claim as to why eli manning should be in the hall of fame is due to 2 superbowls, that weak. he needs other credentials also. jim plunkett also has 2 superbowls, hes not in.

    if eli continues to play like he did at the end of the season for the next 5-6 years consistently, he will no doubt be a HALL OF FAMER.
    You're telling me it isn't fair to compare Eli Manning to other QBs who have won Super Bowls? Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers have all won SBs and have been brought up in this thread. It makes sense to compare them to each other.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Donald Thomas Worship
    By rev kev in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. I'm Starting a Hank Azaria Worship Site
    By Muck in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:53 AM
  4. **OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread
    By Muck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 08:09 PM
  5. the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread)
    By Predaphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •