Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A quiet offseason for Rex?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

A quiet offseason for Rex?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets head coach Rex Ryan View Post
    “I have news for you. We are the better team. We’re the big brother. People might say they are the big, bad Giants, but we are not the same old Jets. … To me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and that’s what’s going to happen. I know it’s going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better.”

Will missing the playoffs with an 8-8 record and the Giants winning the Super Bowl again be enough to keep Rex quiet this year?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Rex needs a lap band on his big *** mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post

Will missing the playoffs with an 8-8 record and the Giants winning the Super Bowl again be enough to keep Rex quiet this year?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No and I hope it doesn't, that's who he is. Think about how close we were, if Victor Cruz doesn't make an incredible play and go 99 yds maybe we win the SB? The difference btw the Jets and Giants seasons were a play or two but congrats to the Giants and hopefully someday soon we'll get that trophy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is quiet cause of the foot that is in his mouth.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    He is quiet cause of the foot that is in his mouth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    No and I hope it doesn't, that's who he is. Think about how close we were, if Victor Cruz doesn't make an incredible play and go 99 yds maybe we win the SB? The difference btw the Jets and Giants seasons were a play or two but congrats to the Giants and hopefully someday soon we'll get that trophy.

The difference between the 8-8 Jets and the 6-10 Dolphins were a play or two, not the Super Bowl Champs.

If Rex continues to be who he is, I don't think he will be a head coach much longer. Running your mouth and backing up what you say is one thing. Running your mouth and being proven wrong over and over is another. With the results of this past season and the comments he made about the Giants (with them going on to win another Super Bowl), his act has to be wearing thin. You even had some players on the team saying as much.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The difference between the 8-8 Jets and the 6-10 Dolphins were a play or two, not the Super Bowl Champs.

If Rex continues to be who he is, I don't think he will be a head coach much longer. Running your mouth and backing up what you say is one thing. Running your mouth and being proven wrong over and over is another. With the results of this past season and the comments he made about the Giants (with them going on to win another Super Bowl), his act has to be wearing thin. You even had some players on the team saying as much.
    Really? if he Cruz play doesn't happen we are likely in and NYG is definitely out.

I love dolphin fans making fun of the Jets, that is comical. The best moment in recent dolphins history is Brandon scissorhands catching multiple TDs at the pro bowl and you guys are laughing at the Jets?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really? if he Cruz play doesn't happen we are likely in and NYG is definitely out.

I love dolphin fans making fun of the Jets, that is comical. The best moment in recent dolphins history is Brandon scissorhands catching multiple TDs at the pro bowl and you guys are laughing at the Jets?
    You're going to wear your Giants hat and jersey all off season aren't you?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

My best recent memory is whooping up on the Jets Jan 1, 2012 ensuring that the Jets don't make the playoffs.
    Quote Quote