Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A quiet offseason for Rex?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Really? if he Cruz play doesn't happen we are likely in and NYG is definitely out.

I love dolphin fans making fun of the Jets, that is comical. The best moment in recent dolphins history is Brandon scissorhands catching multiple TDs at the pro bowl and you guys are laughing at the Jets?
    I'm just commenting on you saying the difference between the Super Bowl champs and the 8-8 Jets was a play or 2. Even if that play didn't happen, it was a -3 game at that point and I don't think the Jets would have gone on to beat the Giants. This is the same team that got destroyed by the Eagles the week before. Even if they beat the Giants, they still lost to Mia and would have missed the playoffs. Even if they made the playoffs, they would not have played as well as the Giants did in the playoffs. It goes on and on. The Jets didn't beat a single team with a winning record. The Jets were a bad team this year, and were not a couple of plays away. They were closer the being a couple of plays away from 6-10.

Saying the only difference between the Giants and Jets this year was a couple of plays is about as ridiculous as wanting buttfumble on your team over Eli. Oh, you said that too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No and I hope it doesn't, that's who he is. Think about how close we were, if Victor Cruz doesn't make an incredible play and go 99 yds maybe we win the SB? The difference btw the Jets and Giants seasons were a play or two but congrats to the Giants and hopefully someday soon we'll get that trophy.
    really? you like the way he is? please name another hall of fame coach who talks as much **** as ryan. im sure ryan is a nice guy and i think he is a good defensive coach, but he will HAVE to calm down his tone, or he will be run out of the league. look what happened to the locker this year, it will only continue if the jest continue to be mediocre. name one good coach that had ryans attitude?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I'm just commenting on you saying the difference between the Super Bowl champs and the 8-8 Jets was a play or 2. Even if that play didn't happen, it was a -3 game at that point and I don't think the Jets would have gone on to beat the Giants. This is the same team that got destroyed by the Eagles the week before. Even if they beat the Giants, they still lost to Mia and would have missed the playoffs. Even if they made the playoffs, they would not have played as well as the Giants did in the playoffs. It goes on and on. The Jets didn't beat a single team with a winning record. The Jets were a bad team this year, and were not a couple of plays away. They were closer the being a couple of plays away from 6-10.

Saying the only difference between the Giants and Jets this year was a couple of plays is about as ridiculous as wanting buttfumble on your team over Eli. Oh, you said that too.
    do you blame junc for doubling down on his comments? he has to, the two teams he hates the most were playing each other in the superbowl. he thinks the jest are a better organization than the pats (play like a jet, lmao). he also thinks the jest are the premier team in ny. hes got nothing else to say, except his fluke afccg appearances.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    My best recent memory is whooping up on the Jets Jan 1, 2012 ensuring that the Jets don't make the playoffs.
    Yep, you sure whooped us and still finished 2 games behind us again although you made progress from the 4 games back in 2010.

That play was a game and season changer. The Giants were the same team that got destroyed at HOME by an awful Redskins team the week before- let's not forget that. That play changed that game and changed the Giants season. if the Jets beat the Giants I'm confident they beat Miami, that was a dead team playing in week 17 but playing w/ a win and in scenario I'm confident things would have been different.

NE didn't beat a signle team w/ a winning record either and they were minutes away from winning the SB- what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    really? you like the way he is? please name another hall of fame coach who talks as much **** as ryan. im sure ryan is a nice guy and i think he is a good defensive coach, but he will HAVE to calm down his tone, or he will be run out of the league. look what happened to the locker this year, it will only continue if the jest continue to be mediocre. name one good coach that had ryans attitude?
    There are different ways to get the job done, I'm not worried about the HOf but he's had a better first 3 years than most HOF coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    do you blame junc for doubling down on his comments? he has to, the two teams he hates the most were playing each other in the superbowl. he thinks the jest are a better organization than the pats (play like a jet, lmao). he also thinks the jest are the premier team in ny. hes got nothing else to say, except his fluke afccg appearances.
    I love when people make things up.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    That play was a game and season changer. The Giants were the same team that got destroyed at HOME by an awful Redskins team the week before- let's not forget that. That play changed that game and changed the Giants season. if the Jets beat the Giants I'm confident they beat Miami, that was a dead team playing in week 17 but playing w/ a win and in scenario I'm confident things would have been different.

NE didn't beat a signle team w/ a winning record either and they were minutes away from winning the SB- what is the point?
    The Giants didn't have a great regular season, but at least they beat NE and came very close to beating the Packers. They showed signs of being able to play good football. The Pats didn't beat a team with a winning record all year, but they went 13-3. That is very different than not beating a team with a winning record and going 8-8. I personally feel that the Pats did have an easy road to the Super Bowl, but they put themselves in that position by winning the division at 13-3. The Jets never showed signs of being able to play good football. They got embarrassed by the good teams they played and got beat by several average teams. Their season did not come down to 1 or 2 plays. They struggled all year. I know you are confident things would have been different had the Cruz play not happened, but the Jets whole season says otherwise.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    The Giants didn't have a great regular season, but at least they beat NE and came very close to beating the Packers. They showed signs of being able to play good football. The Pats didn't beat a team with a winning record all year, but they went 13-3. That is very different than not beating a team with a winning record and going 8-8. I personally feel that the Pats did have an easy road to the Super Bowl, but they put themselves in that position by winning the division at 13-3. The Jets never showed signs of being able to play good football. They got embarrassed by the good teams they played and got beat by several average teams. Their season did not come down to 1 or 2 plays. They struggled all year. I know you are confident things would have been different had the Cruz play not happened, but the Jets whole season says otherwise.
    we didn't show too many signs, I don't think we would have made a run had we made it but I think if we beat the Giants we would have made the playoffs. There's not a sane person alive who thought the Giants coming off that humiliating home loss to Washington would go on to win the SB. things change quickly in this league.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we didn't show too many signs, I don't think we would have made a run had we made it but I think if we beat the Giants we would have made the playoffs. There's not a sane person alive who thought the Giants coming off that humiliating home loss to Washington would go on to win the SB. things change quickly in this league.
    any fan can say that about any team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    No and I hope he doesn't, that's who he is.

Rex wants to be like little brother now.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ew-york-giants

I don't believe it will last, but there has definitely been a change so far.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kingston Ont.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really? if he Cruz play doesn't happen we are likely in and NYG is definitely out.

I love dolphin fans making fun of the Jets, that is comical. The best moment in recent dolphins history is Brandon scissorhands catching multiple TDs at the pro bowl and you guys are laughing at the Jets?
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful Christmas we'd have. If if if, most teams can say that!
    Quote Quote