Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: Whao!! Jets may release santonio holmes wednesday!!

  1. -111
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    LMAO@dogpaddling in a river in Egypt without a floatation device. 1998 Team was good, 2010, although sneaking in the backdoor was pretty good; beyond that the 08 Ravens would put 11 in the box and make any version of Penny look like dog**** 11 out of every 10 times.

    The 09 team proved nothing: they were lucky to be 7-7 before 2 teams placed more value on keeping their starters healthy then needless additional wins. They were the recipient of more charity than Warren Buffett contributes to African developing countries. They faced the worst team in the playoffs in 10 years who were about 7 games beyond their peak and fading fast and then the biggest choking kicker and HC in the league. Proves absolutely nothing other than they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Even if they hadn't choked at home against Atlanta, they still were a crap team. That just clinched it. You can disagree all you want but that scheduling was so disgracefully egregious that the league immediately changed their policy as a result. It is what it is despite your attempts at feel good homeristic spin-worthy revisionist history.
    2002 Chad was the 2nd best QB in the league that year, w/ Coles, Moss and Chrebet he would have had success against Baltimore.

    The '09 team won TWO road playoff games en route to the title game. they proved they belong.

    The worst teams in the playoffs in the last 10 years were Sea '10, Mia '08 and KC '10.

    The Jets weren't the first team to benefit from a team resting starters, again should they have lost the game like we did in '93 or Buf in '04?

    The bottom line is the Jets won 2 road playoff games, Miami only has 3 road playoff wins in their history and Miami hasn't won 2 playoff games in a single postseason since 1984.

    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The point is they might have beat them had Henne played the whole game. They beat the Jets twice and NE which was better than Pitt that year.



    7-9 is just as good as 10-6. And when that 7-9 team loses to that 10-6 team 41-7, you are still just as good as the 7-9 team. Makes perfect sense to me.

    Are you saying Seattle was better than NO as well?



    No, my #'s are correct. NE did not beat Den that year. They beat 4 .500 teams or better, just like they did in 08 without Brady.


    No, I honestly don't think they would have won more than 11 games. They still would have split with the Dolphins and Jets. Indy had won the last 2 out of 3 with Brady at QB, Pitt was the Super Bowl Champs that year, and the Chargers always play them tough in SD.

    The 08 Pats without Brady won 4 games against teams that were .500 or better and finished with an 11-5 record. The 09 PAts with Brady won 4 games against teams that were .500 or better and only won 10 games. Again, I will take the team in my division that wins less games regardless of who the QB is.




    You know it just like you know the sideline rule is separate, it wasn't a catch, it wasn't a safety ect..... Your bias for the Jets and against other teams blind you from reality.

    Being let into the playoffs and then beating a dead team walking and then an overrated SD team who missed 3 FGs in a 3 point loss is hardly proving anything.
    They also lost to Houston, Buffalo and Ten who were worse than the Jets. Henne had his chance, he failed late in the year.

    7-9 is not as good as 10-6, if Seattle didn't beat the defending Champs in the playoffs I wouldn't mention them but they did.

    Again, NO killed Seattle in the reg season too- how did the return trip work out?

    My mistake, regardless of that they beat Bal and NYJ- 2 teams that wona combined 3 postseason games and advanced to the title game and div rd. In 2008 NE beat one playoff bound team and that team was humiliated at home in the WC rd.

    It's a lock NE wins more than 11 games, I am 100% sure they sweep us so that's one more win. There's no doubt they win probably 13-14 games. They lost to the Colts by a FG w/ Cassell, SD was 8-8, they owned Pitt w/ Brady until this season(they would crush Pitt in Pitt in 2010). There is no doubt NE wins more than 11 games w/ Brady.

    '07 Pats w/ Brady against playoff bound teams: 6-0, avg. margin of victory? 19.7 PPG, NE 39 Opps 19

    '08 Pats w/o Brady against playoff bound teams: 2-4, avg. margin of defeat? 17.8 PPG

    The Jets earned their way in, taking care of business against a tougher sched than the '08 phins had to play, even w/ a qtr and a half of Indy backups then once in postseason they won TWO road games including defeating the hottest team in the league and one many expected to go to the SB.

    We got a qtr and a half of Indy backups in a close game, Miami got 4 cupcake games to end the season.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -112
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,168
    vCash:
    15045
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Too ****ing funny .. in the last quarter and a half of the 3rd PO game, when the Colts starters were actually in, instead of the scary Curtis Painter, they outscored the jest 17-0 as in "shut out" despite having 2 of their 3 best defenders hobbled or shelved. So much for that delusional talking point.

    Beyond that, to underscore what a sham and disgrace the 09 charitable contribution was, the Colts starters scored 46 points in a game and a half vs the jest starters who in 2 games scoring 27 points.

    To graphically represent that reality that the 7-7 09 jest who lost 6 out of 7 and couldn't even hold serve by beating a 6-7 Atlanta team at home to stay in playoff contention were bigger posers than Leonardo DiCaprio in "Catch Me If You Can," ....in 1.5 games, the Colts starters scored 70% more points than the jest did in 2 games. It is what is is. But it is hysterical how you credit the defense instead of Eli for his wins yet refuse to admit that Sanchez has always been the jest' weakest link.

    Still waiting for you to try to spin a shine on the meatball, Sanchez style.






    Quote Quote  

  3. -113
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Too ****ing funny .. in the last quarter and a half of the 3rd PO game, when the Colts starters were actually in, instead of the scary Curtis Painter, they outscored the jest 17-0 as in "shut out" despite having 2 of their 3 best defenders hobbled or shelved. So much for that delusional talking point.

    Beyond that, to underscore what a sham and disgrace the 09 charitable contribution was, the Colts starters scored 46 points in a game and a half vs the jest starters who in 2 games scoring 27 points.

    To graphically represent that reality that the 7-7 09 jest who lost 6 out of 7 and couldn't even hold serve by beating a 6-7 Atlanta team at home to stay in playoff contention were bigger posers than Leonardo DiCaprio in "Catch Me If You Can," ....in 1.5 games, the Colts starters scored 70% more points than the jest did in 2 games. It is what is is. But it is hysterical how you credit the defense instead of Eli for his wins yet refuse to admit that Sanchez has always been the jest' weakest link.

    Still waiting for you to try to spin a shine on the meatball, Sanchez style.

    The 1st half doesn't count? being down just 3 in the 4th qtr is meaningless? Scoring 17 in the 2nd qtr is meaningless? w/ a rookie QB on the road in the title game?

    30+15=45. The Colts were better than us but anything can happen in one game and we were very much in that first game before Indy pulled their starters.

    Atl wound up as a 9-7 team and we lost by a FG to them

    In the same week this season the Giants were thrashed at home by an awful redskin team, does that mean their playoff spot was a sham?

    what's to spin on Sparano? in his one year calling plays he had a top 5 offense, I don't know what he will be as an OC. We'll see , maybe he'll be as good of an OC as you thought he was as a HC until 2 years ago. Remember when you thought he was better than rex?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -114
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,168
    vCash:
    15045
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The 1st half doesn't count? being down just 3 in the 4th qtr is meaningless? Scoring 17 in the 2nd qtr is meaningless? w/ a rookie QB on the road in the title game?

    30+15=45. The Colts were better than us but anything can happen in one game and we were very much in that first game before Indy pulled their starters.

    Atl wound up as a 9-7 team and we lost by a FG to them

    In the same week this season the Giants were thrashed at home by an awful redskin team, does that mean their playoff spot was a sham?

    what's to spin on Sparano? in his one year calling plays he had a top 5 offense, I don't know what he will be as an OC. We'll see , maybe he'll be as good of an OC as you thought he was as a HC until 2 years ago. Remember when you thought he was better than rex?
    yeah, the only problem is you don't have cloose to the offensive weapons that Dallas did that year...could well have been on auto pilot... not to mention that it was Haley who designed the passing plays and was in charge of the receivers. Sparano was so good that he was bumped by Jason Garrett after that one job-sharing year. Right! Oh, remember when I said that Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing and that Harbaugh (hell pick either one) was better than Rex? Yes? Still saying it. But I do grant you that as flawed as Rex is, he was a better HC than Tony. But since we're playing that game, still saying you wouldn't trade Sanchez for Ryan, Rivers, EManning, Schaub or even for 2 first round picks? (just to put your grasp of reality into perspective.)

    Too bad for spin-sake that each game is 60 minutes or you'd come closer to turning a turd into a nugget. The fact remains that when the Colts were trying, in 1.5 games they scored 70% more points than the jest did in 2 whole games. Likewise, when it counted the colts outscored the mighty jest defense 24-0 in the last 31 minutes.. but breaking that down to address your spin: when the starters, not Curtis Painter and his band of merry ****ups, was in in the last quarter and a half, they outscored the jest 17-0 when they were actually trying. So much for that nonesense of a)"even though we were a 7-7 team losing 6 out of 7 and chokinhg against a 6-7 Atlanta team we needed to beat at home, we still earned our way into the playoffs" and b)"we were a quarter and a half away from being in the SB."
    So much for that delusion!

    The only difference in 09 between our two 7-7 09 teams was that "there but for the scheduling go the Fins."
    Last edited by Vaark; 02-28-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -115
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    yeah, the only problem is you don't have cloose to the offensive weapons that Dallas did that year...could well have been on auto pilot... not to mention that it was Haley who designed the passing plays and was in charge of the receivers. Sparano was so good that he was bumped by Jason Garrett after that one job-sharing year. Right! Oh, remember when I said that Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing and that Harbaugh (hell pick either one) was better than Rex? Yes? Still saying it. But I do grant you that as flawed as Rex is, he was a better HC than Tony. But since we're playing that game, still saying you wouldn't trade Sanchez for Ryan, Rivers, EManning, Schaub or even for 2 first round picks? (just to put your grasp of reality into perspective.)

    Too bad for spin-sake that each game is 60 minutes or you'd come closer to turning a turd into a nugget. The fact remains that when the Colts were trying, in 1.5 games they scored 70% more points than the jest did in 2 whole games. Likewise, when it counted the colts outscored the mighty jest defense 24-0 in the last 31 minutes.. but breaking that down to address your spin: when the starters, not Curtis Painter and his band of merry ****ups, was in in the last quarter and a half, they outscored the jest 17-0 when they were actually trying. So much for that nonesense of a)"even though we were a 7-7 team losing 6 out of 7 and chokinhg against a 6-7 Atlanta team we needed to beat at home, we still earned our way into the playoffs" and b)"we were a quarter and a half away from being in the SB."
    So much for that delusion!

    The only difference in 09 between our two 7-7 09 teams was that "there but for the scheduling go the Fins."
    Ozzie Newsome's Ravens which were built already have 2 title game apps in the 4 years since he hired Harbuag, Rex taking over a new team w/ a rookie QB has 2 title game apps in 3 years. 2/4= 50%, 2/3=67% which is better?

    I wouldn't trade Sanchez for Rivers, Ryan, Schaub or 1st rd picks. Eli is on a new level right now so I move him up to the next group that I would take over Sanchez. People like you are wowed by meaningless fantasy #s, I just want to win.

    The facts are the Colts were leading a close game in week 16 then won a close game in the title game. i love how you bring up others spinning.

    In 2009 Miami had 3 non playoff teams to wrap up the sched- they went 0-3 against teams we went 2-0 against. All you needed was 2 wins and you were in, you couldn't win a single game.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -116
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,168
    vCash:
    15045
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should just agree, neither team deserved to get in. And FWIW, a good HC has a handle on his lockerroom, addresses and resolves conflicts when they happen, recognizes the makings of a good OC and conversely, isn't hands-off when it comes to offensive philosophies and strategies, especially when delegated to a clueless coordinator so he can tinker with his defense. Hopefully he'll give Tony the same rope. Oh, did I add that a good HC is someone who reflects well on his franchise, is not a personal and professional punchline or embarrassment? No question Rex is an excellent DC, as Ozzie Newsome realized, and certainly much better than his twin, but as a HC, I can see why you like him like you do Sanchez: both of em being carried and propped by teams exceeding their capabilities and contributions. Don't get me wrong, whoever hires him after he crashes, will be getting an outstanding and motivated DC, but a DC nonetheless as he, just like his father and his brother were both born and destined to be.

    Objectively speaking, as much as I hate to admit it, I think if they had retained Mangini and hired Rex as the DC, they may have at least gotten to the SB in 2010. .
    Quote Quote  

  7. -117
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    I think both teams deserved to get in, both teams got breaks and took advantage(that's what good teams do).

    I think Mangini has the tools to be a really good HC but until he stops w/ the Belichick imitation he won't succeed(if he gets another chance). Rex is the best thing to happen to this franchise in all my years following them. Bash all you want but when the Jets are getting bashed for going 8-8 that tells you the bar has been raised and that is all thanks to Rex. Yes he talks too much but Rex is being himself not trying to be someone else and I know we'll bounce back in 2012 after a "bad" 2011 where we went 8-8.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Santonio Holmes about to sign with Skins until Jets countered
    By Playmaker76 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM
  2. Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 04:46 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:52 AM
  4. Santonio Holmes
    By Roman529 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
  5. Santonio holmes??
    By FinFan72 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •