Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whao!! Jets may release santonio holmes wednesday!!

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    By not cutting him yesterday the Jets are on the hook for $15.25 million guaranteed for the next two years. They are paying Holmes as one of the premier WRs in the league. Is 50 catches a year really worth it? That is almost Brian Hartline type numbers.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    By not cutting him yesterday the Jets are on the hook for $15.25 million guaranteed for the next two years. They are paying Holmes as one of the premier WRs in the league. Is 50 catches a year really worth it? That is almost Brian Hartline type numbers.
    let me know the next time Brian Hartline makes consistent GW plays in the reg and postseason. Is he overpaid? he has top notch talent he just had a bad year this year as did the rest of the team. I am glad they didn't do anything foolish by not bringing him back.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    let me know the next time Brian Hartline makes consistent GW plays in the reg and postseason. Is he overpaid? he has top notch talent he just had a bad year this year as did the rest of the team. I am glad they didn't do anything foolish by not bringing him back.
    Neither of his years in New York have been "elite". Just average. Surely wasn't the quarterbacks fault because Sanchez is a great quarterback, as you have told me. 51 and 52 catches a season for 654 yards and 746 yards is average and definitely not elite results, especially with what he is being paid. Marshall almost had the same amount of yards in 2011 as Holmes had in 2010 and 2011 combined. Marshall also got much less guaranteed money.
    Last edited by Nublar7; 02-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Neither of his years in New York have been "elite". Just average. Surely wasn't the quarterbacks fault because Sanchez is a great quarterback, as you have told me. 51 and 52 catches a season for 654 yards and 746 yards is average and definitely not elite results, especially with what he is being paid. Marshall almost had the same amount of yards in 2011 as Holmes had in 2010 and 2011 combined. Marshall also got much less guaranteed money.
    I have never said Sanchez was great and his 2010 year was much better than average, do not forget he missed the first 4 games w/ a suspension and had GW catches in the playoffs vs. NE, at Cle, vs. Hou, set up GW FG in OT in Det and drew a PI to set up GW TD vs. Denver. Let me know when Mr. Pro Bowl MVP ever has that effect on winning games.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and Marshall got almsot as much guaranteed ansd cost you much more to get in draft picks.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I have never said Sanchez was great and his 2010 year was much better than average, do not forget he missed the first 4 games w/ a suspension and had GW catches in the playoffs vs. NE, at Cle, vs. Hou, set up GW FG in OT in Det and drew a PI to set up GW TD vs. Denver. Let me know when Mr. Pro Bowl MVP ever has that effect on winning games.
    i think of all the dolphins problems, the least of it is brandon marshalls play. i believe he has been a welcomed assest to the organization and was well worth a 2nd round pick. he is a freakin beast.

i love how you think the jest were some how smarter than everyone on their santonio holmes aqusition. unlike the jest, the steelers are a class organization and not a 2nd tier one like the jest. there was a reason why the steelers didnt want him and they got rid of him for what they could. i think its smart the jest kept him around, but you have to not feel good about your best offensive player getting in fights with teammates when the season is on the line.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    I don't think he's going anywhere....and I'm glad. The guy is a grade-S turd (S for SMELLY!!!)

He and Fatasaurus Rex deserve each actually.
    Santonio is a **chronic** problem. Now, that he has resigned, the comedy really begins. I say he has an epic meltdown before we get to October.

Heck.. the meatball hasn't even called a play or tinkered w/ the OL.
    It’s reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This quite honestly, is some of the very best news I have heard in recent weeks...right up there with the Superbowl results!

It is soooooo great to watch the demise that is very quickly setting in.

Expect a thread with a Poll this summer on over/under how long till Sintini and Snatcho get into it (There is LOTS of I in that guy)
    They has serious locker-room issues the entire season (As reported by many Jests themselves, regardless of what illusion Jhunkie has) and Sinitini was one of the key catalysts...and now, he has handcuffed them pretty darn seriously financially
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Too Funny! Jest really are messed up!
    JEST will not win 8 games in 2012-2013
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bottom-line: The Steelers didn't get to be one of the preeminent league franchises and repeat SB victors by giving away healthy valuable assets in their careers' prime... unless those assets are really malignant clubhouse azzes. Notice that, unlike Sancancerio, thru Big Ben's darkest hours and despite all the media frenzied speculation fueling the campaign to get him traded, he remained firmly a Steeler.

Generally in life you get what you pay for.

Attached Images
    Quote Quote