Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama edges out Romney in hypothetical matchup - poll

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Obama edges out Romney in hypothetical matchup - poll

The bruising primary campaign appears to have taken a toll on Mitt Romney's prospects for throwing President Obama out of office.Mr. Obama is ahead of Romney for the first time in a hypothetical contest between the two men, according to a poll conducted for The Washington Post and ABC News.The president leads the Republican front-runner 51 percent to 45 percent among registered voters. That is the first time either candidate has a majority, however slight, in the hypothetical general election matchuphttp://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57371836-503544/obama-edges-out-romney-in-hypothetical-matchup-poll/?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.4
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2012 = Election between 2 different versions of big government and less liberties.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    bleh
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shocker.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Stench of the Iron Age (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlkgT4RCzo
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama is the social liberal, so he should get re-elected. All things else being equal, we know Obama isn't going to try to make same-sex marriages or abortion illegal, so he is the better candidate...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Obama is the social liberal, so he should get re-elected. All things else being equal, we know Obama isn't going to try to make same-sex marriages or abortion illegal, so he is the better candidate...
    Neither is Romney, despite his attempts to convince GOP primary voters otherwise to get the nomination.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm over the gay marriage and abortion debate. It's a total diversionary tactic designed to hide the real issues while painting the illusion of differences in the candidates. Just like Bush, Romney isn't going to make abortion and gay marriage illegal.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I'm over the gay marriage and abortion debate. It's a total diversionary tactic designed to hide the real issues while painting the illusion of differences in the candidates. Just like Bush, Romney isn't going to make abortion and gay marriage illegal.
    Those were examples, not simply the entire worry. There are a myriad of social issues that can come up, and I don't trust Romney to have the best interests of those outside of his voting base at heart. Bush tried to make abortions illegal, so it's not fair to say no one is going to try to make headway on social issues. Granted, there is probably no way anything passes, but there is always a chance, and I'm not willing to risk it....
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Those were examples, not simply the entire worry. There are a myriad of social issues that can come up, and I don't trust Romney to have the best interests of those outside of his voting base at heart. Bush tried to make abortions illegal, so it's not fair to say no one is going to try to make headway on social issues. Granted, there is probably no way anything passes, but there is always a chance, and I'm not willing to risk it....
    I was talking in general. Romney isn't going to end gay marriage and abortion. Bush I agree was a bigger threat. But in the end it was mostly pandering. Bush and the GOP had total control of the government and nothing happened. Me personally I'm pro-choice and support gay marriage and adoption. But I can't stand how just about every political debate comes down to those 2 issues. A good portion of the voters will throw out every issue. While ignoring IMO far more important issues, and base their votes on just those 2 issues. Which gets us no where as a country and feeds the classic wedge issues that has been fueling the divison and partisanship in this country.
    Last edited by Dolphins9954; 02-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Liberal media conducts a poll at the height of GOP mud slinging. This poll is practically worthless. Just a little media bump for the democrats.
    What was the demographic of the poll? College students and retirees?
    I would like to see a poll that asks, are you undecided or voting for Obama? That would be more interesting.
    It is too early get an accurate read on the public sentiment. The vote is months away. Most are keeping an open mind and are undecided.
    IMHO, the republicans and conservative thinking independents will rally around the republican candidate before the general election.
    I think that the nation, like the Dolphins, needs a new leader. Anyone but our fist pumping president.
    Quote Quote