Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92

Thread: Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ?

  1. -31
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,913
    vCash:
    18858
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Why compare it to Eli's first two years? We're talking about them as QBs right now.



    And? Score more 24 points to beat Pittsburgh and you win. Since they didn't, that's on the offense. Your defense isn't always going to keep you in the game.



    He is elite and he did deserve the awards. You say Peyton is a notorious choker (who also didn't deserve his MVP) in his whole career and Archie didn't do anything of significance in his, so what is this Manning name you speak of? You're acting like the name is a farce and these guys haven't done anything to deserve being respected.
    The O had us in a position to win, the D failed. The D didn't keep us in the game, the O did.

    peyton is the biggest name in the sport even though not the best QB, his name got him his SB MVP and Eli's firrt. Eli deserved this one more than the one 4 years ago but Tuck was the MVP of this game.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,357
    vCash:
    17524
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The O had us in a position to win, the D failed. The D didn't keep us in the game, the O did.

    peyton is the biggest name in the sport even though not the best QB, his name got him his SB MVP and Eli's firrt. Eli deserved this one more than the one 4 years ago but Tuck was the MVP of this game.
    To not budge in any of your opinions doesn't make for an engaging conversation. Why was Tuck the MVP? 2 sacks?



    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,357
    vCash:
    17524
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The O had us in a position to win, the D failed. The D didn't keep us in the game, the O did.

    peyton is the biggest name in the sport even though not the best QB, his name got him his SB MVP and Eli's firrt. Eli deserved this one more than the one 4 years ago but Tuck was the MVP of this game.
    The offense did not keep you in the game, they're why you lost. You usually have to score more than 19 points to win a football game. Yes the defense can be blamed for allowed 17 points but the offense can also seeing as how they shot themselves in the foot by trailing 24-3 thus needing a comeback that falls short.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,913
    vCash:
    18858
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    To not budge in any of your opinions doesn't make for an engaging conversation. Why was Tuck the MVP? 2 sacks?
    I don't know, 2 sacks plus the play led directly led to the SAFETY. Those 2 points were HUGE, he leads the D in shutting down one of the best O's in the game, has a huge impact play PLUS 2 sacks- how is he not MVP? This wasn't some high scoring battle, it was a defensive game and it was won based on which team played better D and that was the Giants led by Tuck.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,913
    vCash:
    18858
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The offense did not keep you in the game, they're why you lost. You usually have to score more than 19 points to win a football game. Yes the defense can be blamed for allowed 17 points but the offense can also seeing as how they shot themselves in the foot by trailing 24-3 thus needing a comeback that falls short.
    Every game is different, one game you may need 10 pts to win, the next you may need 30. The Giants scored 17 in regulation against SF but thye won the game. The D got us in a huge hole and when the O battled back to make it a game the D couldn't prevent Pitt from getting 2 1st downs to close it out.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,357
    vCash:
    17524
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't know, 2 sacks plus the play led directly led to the SAFETY. Those 2 points were HUGE, he leads the D in shutting down one of the best O's in the game, has a huge impact play PLUS 2 sacks- how is he not MVP? This wasn't some high scoring battle, it was a defensive game and it was won based on which team played better D and that was the Giants led by Tuck.
    I thought Brady threw the ball away before Tuck pressured him?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,357
    vCash:
    17524
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Every game is different, one game you may need 10 pts to win, the next you may need 30. The Giants scored 17 in regulation against SF but thye won the game. The D got us in a huge hole and when the O battled back to make it a game the D couldn't prevent Pitt from getting 2 1st downs to close it out.
    The offense's job is to score more points than the defense/ST allowed. You don't do that, it's the collective team's fault. Back to the original topic at hand, buttfumble is better than Manning how?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,913
    vCash:
    18858
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I thought Brady threw the ball away before Tuck pressured him?
    He started throwing it before he saw Tuck but the reason they threw the flag was b/c Tuck hit him. W/o Tuck there's no safety.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    The offense's job is to score more points than the defense/ST allowed. You don't do that, it's the collective team's fault. Back to the original topic at hand, buttfumble is better than Manning how?
    w/o those 2 STs TOs the Giants only score 10 pts and lose the title game at SF


    I didn't say buttfumble is better than manning, I said he was better in 2010.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,191
    vCash:
    15789
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't know, 2 sacks plus the play led directly led to the SAFETY. Those 2 points were HUGE, he leads the D in shutting down one of the best O's in the game, has a huge impact play PLUS 2 sacks- how is he not MVP? This wasn't some high scoring battle, it was a defensive game and it was won based on which team played better D and that was the Giants led by Tuck.
    Wait, you said in another thread he didn't pressure Brady on the safety and that it shouldn't have been called intentional grounding. Which is it?





    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,913
    vCash:
    18858
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Wait, you said in another thread he didn't pressure Brady on the safety and that it shouldn't have been called intentional grounding. Which is it?
    I said Brady started throwing before Tuck pressured him but the entire reason they called grounding was b/c Tuck hit Brady. It shouldn't have been grounding but it was and it was b/c of Tuck- the real SB MVP
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM
  2. Peyton Manning's bonus trigger rest of Manning's contract
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
  3. Finally, the Dolphins finally do something I want. Philbin!!
    By electrolyte in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:04 AM
  4. Merged:Manning just threw 31st TD!!/Manning running up the score!!
    By FanMarino in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 03:37 PM
  5. the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread)
    By Predaphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •