Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ?

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Yes it should have been, but I wouldn't expect you to know that considering you can't read a rulebook.
    I'm not the one who can't read the rulebook.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Youre 100% trolling. Thats the most retarded statement Ive ever seen.
    Not the quality of play, the fact that he was beat up every single week. If you watched the Jets play this year you would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    That's one quick release then (which it really wasn't of course).
    If he threw it when Tuck was on him he never would have been able to have such a smooth delivery and throw it as far as he did.

Any comments on how the Giants didn't deserve to win the Packers and Falcons games? We've backtracked from the SB to the NFC Title Game. Here I'll start:

The defense won the game vs the Packers by holding them below their ppg average. Manning didn't throw any good TDs, it was all the WRs who did the job.
    The D dominated those games. The only game they didn't deserve to win was the SF game b/c of the terrible call on the Bradshaw fumble.

buttfumble had the 2nd most turnovers in the league this year. Does this not count b/c they were out of the playoffs heading into Week 17? buttfumble helps the team get close to the SB while Manning didn't (yet did and won two of them)? Are the Jets and Giants defenses not similar?
    Do you know which QB has the most TOs in the last 3 years? it's some guy I have heard is elite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

Not the quality of play, the fact that he was beat up every single week. If you watched the Jets play this year you would understand.

If he threw it when Tuck was on him he never would have been able to have such a smooth delivery and throw it as far as he did.

The D dominated those games. The only game they didn't deserve to win was the SF game b/c of the terrible call on the Bradshaw fumble.

Do you know which QB has the most TOs in the last 3 years? it's some guy I have heard is elite.
    Catch, Safety and Elite!
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

So you say you give them credit for winning the SB but then your true feelings come out with "they didn't deserve to win".

/end thread

In other words the Jets defense is **** compared to the Giants?
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know what you meant junc. But its simply not true. No QB gets pounded like that on a weekly basis and finishes a season. Its impossible. Youre being intentionally dense if youre really saying buttfumble dealt with that or worse every game. Plus youre ignoring the fact of how well Eli played in that situation.

Also, anyone else think its funny that Tuck gets credit for the safety even though junc thinks it wasnt one, yet Eli doesnt get the credit for the Manningham pass because he thinks it wasnt a catch?

As for the turnovers, in 2010 Im pretty sure Eli had the lowest percentage of dropped INTs in the league while buttfumble had the highest by far.

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you say you give them credit for winning the SB but then your true feelings come out with "they didn't deserve to win".

/end thread

In other words the Jets defense is **** compared to the Giants?
    Didn't deserve might be the wrong wording, they still made plays to win but SF should have won after the Bradshaw fumble.

The Jets D in the 2 title games played like ****, the Giants D played great throughout both playoff runs.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I know what you meant junc. But its simply not true. No QB gets pounded like that on a weekly basis and finishes a season. Its impossible. Youre being intentionally dense if youre really saying buttfumble dealt with that or worse every game. Plus youre ignoring the fact of how well Eli played in that situation.

Also, anyone else think its funny that Tuck gets credit for the safety even though junc thinks it wasnt one, yet Eli doesnt get the credit for the Manningham pass because he thinks it wasnt a catch?

As for the turnovers, in 2010 Im pretty sure Eli had the lowest percentage of dropped INTs in the league while buttfumble had the highest by far.
    buttfumble took a pounding this year(and not the kind you think he normally takes- or gives).

Eli was NOT great at SF, he threw 2 balls up for grans that SF Dbs collided or both would have been picked, he also was hit and fumbled but his team recovered, the only 2 scoring drives in the 2nd half and OT were set up deep in SF territory after fumbled/muffed punts. He was not great in SF.

I give Eli a ton of credit for the pass to Manningham, you couldn't throw it any better.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't deserve might be the wrong wording, they still made plays to win but SF should have won after the Bradshaw fumble.

The Jets D in the 2 title games played like ****, the Giants D played great throughout both playoff runs.
    There is no difference in what you just said.

The Jets defense held B-Roeth to 10 of 19 passing for only 133 yds and 2 INTs. Mendenhall had a good game but nothing obscene. That isn't playing like **** to me.

The other game? Oh that undeserving big-name QB who stinks only lit up the Jets for 377 yds and 3 TDs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

buttfumble took a pounding this year(and not the kind you think he normally takes- or gives).

Eli was NOT great at SF, he threw 2 balls up for grans that SF Dbs collided or both would have been picked, he also was hit and fumbled but his team recovered, the only 2 scoring drives in the 2nd half and OT were set up deep in SF territory after fumbled/muffed punts. He was not great in SF.

I give Eli a ton of credit for the pass to Manningham, you couldn't throw it any better.
    Elite!
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no difference in what you just said.

The Jets defense held B-Roeth to 10 of 19 passing for only 133 yds and 2 INTs. Mendenhall had a good game but nothing obscene. That isn't playing like **** to me.

The other game? Oh that undeserving big-name QB who stinks only lit up the Jets for 377 yds and 3 TDs.
    Ben was much better than his #s indicated, he won the game for Pitt.

You are basing things on stats, again Eli had 2 near INTs that he was fortunate 2 players collided on both, he also fumbled and was lucky to have his team recover it. Ben took the opening kickoff and led Pitt on a NINE minute drive to take a 7-0 lead and set the tone for the game, he led them to a 17-0 lead including a TD run. he made plays w/ his legs all day and one of those 2 INts was on a 4th down where Pitt would have lost possession anyway. let's watch the games not the boxscores

For one of the few times in his postseason career Peyton was great, unfortunately it had to be against us but he reverted back to form throwing away the SB 2 weeks later.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

You are basing things on stats, again Eli had 2 near INTs that he was fortunate 2 players collided on both, he also fumbled and was lucky to have his team recover it. Ben took the opening kickoff and led Pitt on a NINE minute drive to take a 7-0 lead and set the tone for the game, he led them to a 17-0 lead including a TD run. he made plays w/ his legs all day and one of those 2 INts was on a 4th down where Pitt would have lost possession anyway. let's watch the games not the boxscores
    Every QB has near INTs, not just the ones you dislike.

Nine minute drive? So what. The game is 60 mins. buttfumble and co. could easily have answered that drive with one of their own.

For one of the few times in his postseason career Peyton was great, unfortunately it had to be against us but he reverted back to form throwing away the SB 2 weeks later.
    And he still has more rings than you or I have ever seen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 of 19 for 133 yds and 2 INTs is a **** game. There's no way to sugar coat it
    Quote Quote