Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ?

1. -71
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    So he's using stats (objective truth) while you're using almost-happens?

Is that kind of like how the Jests "almost" made it to the Super Bowl, but alas, they didn't? Should we just call them the 2010 NFL Super Bowl Champs? lol
    I'm using firsthand knowledge of that game, seeing every play and not relying on a stat sheet to tell me something my eyes already know. Stats tell part of the story, Sanchez had great #s that day and had a good game but ben was better despite his #s being MUCH worse.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Of course every QB threws bad psses, makes bad reads, has INts dropped, has recs & TDs dropped but 2 passes into double covergae where DBs collided in the same game? Come one.
    As I said before, I don't claim to have seen every pass thrown by every QB in each week of the NFL season so I can't tell you. I'd imagine it happens more than just to Eli Manning.

Was Pitt's O on the sideline for 10+ minutes anxious to get into the game? You don't think that plays a role?
    Numerous teams have scored on their opening possession and had the opponents do the same thing (Dolphins did in the opener vs NE last year. It was a 7 mins 14 sec TD drive. New England then scored on their first possession in half the time. Now, was this possible b/c it was warm weather? Will that be your reasoning?).

That's fine, comgrats to him. I like Eli personally, he's a very nice guy but that won't change the fact that I don't believe he should have won either MVP award.
    That's fine by me too. He doesn't care.

I say "we" for many reasons, one is it's quicker than saying the Jets every time and the 2nd is w/ all the money I have spent on tickets and other crap through the years I deserve to say we.
    That's alright, I used to do the same thing. I don't anymore (no real reason).

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    of course every QB has dropped INts(I wonder where I heard that before) bit he threw 2 passes up for grabs into double coverage where both times SF DBs collided, add that to the fumble they recovered and not leading themn on a single scoring drive except after TOs put them in great FP- Eli did not have a great game.

A 9 min drive to start the game? are you kidding me? It was freezing that day(I was there), keeping an O on the sideline an extra 10+ mins to start a game, you don't think that could keep them out of a rythm? The tone for the game was set.

What do you and I have to do w/ anything?

That's why we don't just look at #s, AGAIN one of the INts was a 4th down play where he had nowhere to go and he was taking a chance. The INT was one yd past the LOS and we didn't return it. Ben made a ton of plays w/ his legs to extend drives and lead to points- that doesn't show up in a stat line but trust me he was the reason we lost..
    He had 21 yds on 11 carries (a 2 yard TD and a fumble in the end zone for a safety). He extended plays? He had 10 completions in 19 pass attempts (one of which you say was BS b/c it was a 4th down pass he took a chance), how is that extending plays?
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    As I said before, I don't claim to have seen every pass thrown by every QB in each week of the NFL season so I can't tell you. I'd imagine it happens more than just to Eli Manning.

Numerous teams have scored on their opening possession and had the opponents do the same thing (Dolphins did in the opener vs NE last year. It was a 7 mins 14 sec TD drive. New England then scored on their first possession in half the time. Now, was this possible b/c it was warm weather? Will that be your reasoning?).

That's fine by me too. He doesn't care.

That's alright, I used to do the same thing. I don't anymore (no real reason).
    so you are comparing a game in week 1 w/ a superior team against an inferiror team vs. an AFC Championship on the road? Really?

He had 21 yds on 11 carries (a 2 yard TD and a fumble in the end zone for a safety). He extended plays? He had 10 completions in 19 pass attempts (one of which you say was BS b/c it was a 4th down pass he took a chance), how is that extending plays?
    Extending plays w/ his legs doesn't mean rushing w/ the football. There were numerous times we thought we had him or the play covered only to watch him buy time and make play inclding on the 2 biggest plays late in the game to seal the loss.

You don't have to put up eye popping #s to have a good game or a major impact on a game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the first drive of the game we had Pitt in a 3rd and 12 situation at our 25, Ben scrambled for 12 yds and the 1st down which set up the TD. Going to 3-0 vs. 7-0 in that spot is a HUGE difference. That doesnt' show up in a boxscore. Just another example
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so you are comparing a game in week 1 w/ a superior team against an inferiror team vs. an AFC Championship on the road? Really?

You don't have to put up eye popping #s to have a good game or a major impact on a game.
    I'm saying it's within reason for a team to answer their opponent's opening drive TD with one of their own ESPECIALLY IN A GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE. That isn't why the game was lost.

Extending plays w/ his legs doesn't mean rushing w/ the football. There were numerous times we thought we had him or the play covered only to watch him buy time and make play inclding on the 2 biggest plays late in the game to seal the loss.
    I'm aware of this, that is why I pointed out he only had 19 pass attempts. 10 completions is a terrible number in a game as big as they played. They're fortunate they won that game
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the first drive of the game we had Pitt in a 3rd and 12 situation at our 25, Ben scrambled for 12 yds and the 1st down which set up the TD. Going to 3-0 vs. 7-0 in that spot is a HUGE difference. That doesnt' show up in a boxscore. Just another example
    Okay. So then he only had 9 yds on 10 other rushes based on the stats I provided. Being down 3 or 7 early shouldn't matter to a team coached by Rex Ryan right? Dude's one of the best coaches in the league. They should've been prepared no matter how the opening drive went.

The Jets had 60 yds of offense in that first half (3 punts, a FG, and a fumble) while Pittsburgh had 2 60+ yd TD drives (sandwiched around an INT and a FG). They had plenty of chances to equalize the hole they were in (and did so late in the game). Why does it work for them late as opposed to early?
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm saying it's within reason for a team to answer their opponent's opening drive TD with one of their own ESPECIALLY IN A GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE. That isn't why the game was lost.

I'm aware of this, that is why I pointed out he only had 19 pass attempts. 10 completions is a terrible number in a game as big as they played. They're fortunate they won that game
    I didn't say it was impossible but the tone of the game was set on that drive, our O was slow starting every week anyway and to sit on the bench for almost allt he 1st qtr isn't a good thing.

Again, he made plays to help his team win, I don't care what the stat sheet says. The biggest reason Pitt won was b/c of the QB.

Okay. So then he only had 9 yds on 10 other rushes based on the stats I provided. Being down 3 or 7 early shouldn't matter to a team coached by Rex Ryan right? Dude's one of the best coaches in the league. They should've been prepared no matter how the opening drive went.

The Jets had 60 yds of offense in that first half (3 punts, a FG, and a fumble) while Pittsburgh had 2 60+ yd TD drives (sandwiched around an INT and a FG). They had plenty of chances to equalize the hole they were in (and did so late in the game). Why does it work for them late as opposed to early?
    The Jets O couldn't get into a rhythm as Pitt held the ball most of the 1st half. Ben kept drives alive w/ key 3rd down conversions and big plays. Then, w/ the game up for grabs needing 2 1st downs he converted both and ended the game rather than give our O a shot to win it. 2 weeks earlier the great Peyton Manniong couldn't convert a late 3rd down which would have prevented us from having a chance and we drove down for the winning FG as time expired. Peyton had better #s against us but Ben was much better against us,
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't say it was impossible but the tone of the game was set on that drive, our O was slow starting every week anyway and to sit on the bench for almost allt he 1st qtr isn't a good thing.

Again, he made plays to help his team win, I don't care what the stat sheet says. The biggest reason Pitt won was b/c of the QB.
    The tone was set for a half of play and then the Jets decided "Hey, let's actually score some ****ing points". Awesome

The Jets O couldn't get into a rhythm as Pitt held the ball most of the 1st half. Ben kept drives alive w/ key 3rd down conversions and big plays. Then, w/ the game up for grabs needing 2 1st downs he converted both and ended the game rather than give our O a shot to win it. 2 weeks earlier the great Peyton Manniong couldn't convert a late 3rd down which would have prevented us from having a chance and we drove down for the winning FG as time expired. Peyton had better #s against us but Ben was much better against us,
    I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore. So many topics of things that don't mean ****. If the Jets were worth a damn they would've beaten the Steelers.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The tone was set for a half of play and then the Jets decided "Hey, let's actually score some ****ing points". Awesome

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore. So many topics of things that don't mean ****. If the Jets were worth a damn they would've beaten the Steelers.
    you have never heard of momentum? The great Giants went almost 2 qtrs w/o scoring vs. NE, sometimes these things happen in games.
    Quote Quote